Do your doctor make you wait long?

I love my dr so very much. he is very attentive to all his clients. he has us in his room for like 20 minutes. that is enough time to talk about out problems and get some solutions as well. I hate his wife who id the Secretary though and some people have cursed her out big time. and you know they can't go back again. I wanted to tell Martha off when she told me I could not be seen early since I had an important appointment. I saw dr,Thomas in the lobby and told him why I was so early and he took me right in. I looked at her like I was going to jump in her lap.
@ctryhnny (3463)
I never have to wait and I sometimes get there early and they take me early even though they are busy.
@asliah (11148)
hi, for me its okay with me if my doctor will make me wait for long,but it has a limit of course and the time to wait is more than an hour only and it will exceed of course i will not wait for that,or i will go to his office and ask how long i should stay for the result.
Honestly, it depends on the doctor and the office. My GP and OB/GYN's offices are really great about getting patients in quickly. The longest I've ever had to wait after an appointment time was a couple of hours at the OB/GYN's office. My doctor had to leave to do an emergency C-section just before my appointment. They offered to fit me in with the other doctor, but I said I'd wait for my doctor because I'm not comfortable with the other guy. I live just a few minutes away, so I drove home and they called me when my doctor got there. I wish the pain clinic I have to go to was that good. When I had my first appointment last month they kept me waiting for almost three hours in the lobby. Today they kept me waiting for an hour and a half. Yet they give patients a check-in time that's 20-30 minutes before the actual appointment time, and if you miss your check-in time by even a minute or two they make you reschedule! Yes, even if you're on time for your appointment. It's ridiculous, if you ask me...
I don’t usually have the problem for waiting my doctor to attend my situation. But I will admit I don’t like waiting for so long. I get impatient if the waiting line was so long. Though I still wanted to since I need the professional expertise of my doctor. Good day!
@themdno (403)
I don't have a specific doctor, but the ones I've been to have definitely made me wait forever. I don't understand bringing you in the back, to sit there for 30-45 minutes. I get if he's already seen you first, that makes sense, maybe he's doing something. I also think that when wives work with husbands, things like what you say happens far too much. Couples should not work together, they need time apart. Couples are too comfortable with each other, and push boundaries that they shouldn't push, while working with each other. It's sounds like the wife was being controlling and judgmental, while the husband was perfectly OK with seeing you early. So, it sounds like something between them, not so much something you did.
Your doctor is really nice. Most doctors, like my ortho, would make patients wait for a long time especially if they are attending to more important patients. I remember one time when I had to wait for a long time because the patient inside looks truly rich so therefore the doctor had to spend more time with him. Haha, I must be just paranoid, but really, that is what I thought at that time.
@ltpotter (177)
My doctor is a pretty awesome as well but I wait so much. I usually wait a totally of a hour. It might take for ever to see him but he is my family doctor and I've been seeing him since before I was born.
With all of our family doctors we don't have to wait long. I think the longest is usually about ten minutes in my doctor's office and sometimes 20 minutes at my grandson's doctor's office. They get quite busy at times. They are all good in the office too. The receptionists are all really good.
NO I don't wait long at the office either. I do at the dentist though and that is ok with me.
@Tina30219 (37528)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sometimes I waited a while it just depended on how busy they we're.
@cher913 (25890)
at my old doctor, i generally had to wait an hour to be seen but at my new doctor, i usually get to go right in. i guess it is because he is a new doctor and doesn't have a ton of patients yet.
@lelin1123 (15643)
• Puerto Rico
I don't really like my doctor at all. He first of all is always late and the room gets filled with patients and you have to wait for hours. The other thing that really gets me upset is double charging. The last time I went to the doctors was October 2011. I went to see him do to vertigo problem I was having I was charged 25 dollars. He sent me for an xray. I returned a few days later for a follow-up and was charged another 25 dollars when I wasn't even cured. I told my hubby that is the last time I'm going there. Thank God I have been lucky that I haven't been sick enough to have to go to the doctor. So many doctors are all for the money and don't give a care to your well being. You are a lucky person to like your doctor and he takes you in right away.
hi gifts no my doctor's office girls are great they never keep me waitnf moreh than ten minutes and he gives me his t ime at least twenty minutes too. I have had the same doctor nowe for 20 years and I am so happy with him. I am having IBS cramp s so must log off for awhile