Do you cook late at night?

I did not look at the clock before I put the food in the crock pot. I am making chicken soup with mixed veggies and noodles. I put it on about 9pm. I don't know how long it will take to make it either. I will be up late so,I will be able to eat when it it is ready.
hi gifts I used to before I had to c ome here. Here I get no chance to cook'and I do miss that so muc h. You should be able to eat your soup in a few hours now. I always wanted a crock pot and never got one. I love to make sou too. chicken noodle soup is always so good and good for you too.plus the veggies really make it healthy too. hugs.
Maybe we could sneak you a crock pot into your room. Then you could cook up a healthy and nutritious snack for later in the evening. If I ate at four, I would be snacking, that is for certain.
No I don't cook at night. I usually do all my cooking in the morning. I put everything in freezer bags and everyone fixes a plate when they want it.
According to my late mother-in-laws secret recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup she cooked it for 5 hours on low in a crock pot and any left overs went into the freezer. I have a lot of her recipes and once my niece and nephews are older I will pass them on to them. I have cooked late at night especially when I am under a lot of stress and during the holidays.
• Vietnam
You're not hungry? I usually have dinner about 6pm. So when too late, I won't cook. I will go to the restaurant.
@surekharathi (14134)
Yesterday my MIL's relatives came at night 11pm then we start to making food and with in 1 hours complete making and eating both. Mostly the guest is came at evening time or after noon time but first time came at night time. But we both MIL and me make meals and feel no annoying or tension.
@prashu228 (25811)
surekha yes if we cook/work together we can finish it without any difficulty. whenever my mothers brother comes to our place he arrives after 12 at night. Because he have to come from village so it takes much time, as you know how is our public transport. we have to cook at night that time.
I do not cook late at night, but I might go warm up leftovers or something. I made pumpkin soup today, but did not eat any of it. Hubby was tied up at suppertime, but he came in cold. He had the one dish rice dish I had made and then he had a bowl of the pumpkin soup as well. I may eat some right before bed. I would eat your chicken soup for a bed time snack. I can just imagine it now.
hi GG c ant you just smell the chicken and the veggies now I am hungry. we have dinner at the gosh awful time of 4 pm and by now I am starved and have to have a snack at nine o clock pm.
@asliah (11149)
hi, my arrival at home is always late at night around 11 in the evening and my very late cooked was in the late of 2 in the dawn,that was the late cooking i have done,during that time me and my friend will go the Baguio so that we need to cook in that late because in early morning we will travel going in that place.
hi giftsandbagscom. i usually eat dinner before 6pm as part of my efforts to lose weight and eat more healthy so i don't usually cook late at night. on the rare occasion that i'm hungry late at night, i usually just drink water or fruit juice. if i'm still hungry, i eat a medium sized apple or pear. sometimes, i eat a bowl of oatmeal. that usually works for me. cheers and happy mylotting!!!
@Arieles (2474)
I have put items in the crock pot, so they would be ready for the next day, but I have never cooked late at night. I usually don't stay up to late, because I am a morning person and I get up pretty early. I like to go to bed between 9pm-11pm and then I usually wake up between 3am-5am. I love using the crock pot to cook though, it is so convenient and I love having dinner ready for me with minimal effort.
@jambi462 (4598)
Yeah I do, sometimes I don't really have a choice, when either me or my girlfriend don't end up getting done with work until nine o'clock at night or later. I'm lucky to have my girlfriend though because when we work together we can make a dinner a lot faster. This lets us to get done with us sooner and allow us more time to relax.
Yes, most especially when I am craving for midnight snacks, I do cook but only ready to prepare meals like preheating it or putting more flavor on my dish.
@ivakar (36)
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I love to cook late at night. Not every day but happens like once in week that I cook around midnight. I realize that is late hours for cooking but I go sleep late so its not problem.
@Olleenz (3400)
Mostly my activities happen at night (related to my job). So cook late is normal activity for me .... at least for cooking noodle
@schulzie (4064)
Wow, that really is late to be cooking, especially starting up soup in a crockpot! I hardly ever cook that late unless it is for a bake sale or something for the next day. I try to cook no later than 7pm and get out of the kitchen by 8pm. Have a great day and happy myLotting!!!
@carolbee (16241)
I never cook or eat late at night. Not so good for the heart especially if one eats and then goes right to bed. Also eating later can cause weight gain. If I crockpot a meal, I start it early in the morning so it's ready by around 6 for dinner.
I usually cook at night before when I was not working yet. But that was two years ago...I miss those years though, because in present..I can only cook once a week during my two days off but sometimes, I just allocate my time sleeping the whole night...I only sleep 2-3 hours everyday since I work at night and I go to school during daytime...How I wish I could have a long vacation..just to unwind...hmmm...:)
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
I seem to cook all hours of the day and night.. funny for just 2 of us here. But I like to cook the cookies and cakes for my cafe at night here.
@Lovegreen (376)
The only time I cook late at night is during New Year's Eve because everyone's up late. I usually start cooking for dinner at around 4.30 in the afternoon as we try as much as we can to follow the "before 6" dinner diet. It's an effective way of losing weight and inches around the waist you know when we eat early. There are times though that I fail to follow it as I really love eating.
@kokomo (1868)
Yes, I always do that. I always go home late at night and I need to cook for myself. Sometimes, I got lazy in cooking but I always pursuing myself for the thought that I must be full so that I am ready in a long sleep. lol.
@prashu228 (25811)
It happens sometimes. some guests come late .If they inform us then we can keep the food ready. Some people come late night without informing , such times we need to cook.