Why am I so tired?

@ElicBxn (60052)
So I had a busy weekend, but not THAT bad. And yes, the cold front that blew in yesterday night woke me up for quite a while in the middle of the night. I didn't have hardly a chance to be idle at work either, my client had me fix food, I washed dishes then went shopping. I did have a riding cart at the store so my feet weren't hurting more than normal. But the only 20 minutes I wasn't doing something was when I sat down to eat lunch. Actually this is a good thing, I'd rather be busy than bored... When I got home, I waited a few minutes while the roomie was on the phone with a work call, then I had her help me load Timus to take to the vet for a cortisone shot to stop him scratching himself bloody. When I got back home again, I messed with my computer for a few more minutes then went in and helped her with her time card. We talked a bit after she got done, by then it was after she got off work. We went out and put the cover over the faucet in the back yard and changed the light bulbs in the front lights. One was out and the other was dim, it was an orange bulb that doesn't attract so many bugs, but bug season is, mostly, past. by now its getting dark and I'm just stumbling tired. "Go to bed," the roomie told me. "I need to eat before pills and your eyeballs," I replied. "The drops are in the other room and you can get up and eat later." I did that, I was in bed well before 6:30 and it was only when D came home and talked to the critters feeding them that I got out of bed. She mentioned she talks to them while she feeds them, and I told her I noticed that's what woke me up. But really, I needed to get up and eat a bit for the pills, put the dog out for a few minutes, get the cat out of her closet, stuff like that. Now I'm probably headed back to bed soon. I hope I sleep a lot better tonight. I should since the wind isn't blowing and that means the draft in my bed won't be as bad. Gotta do something about that draft! Gotta cover up the ac unit. The roomie suggested maybe "winter curtains" that will cover up the window and unit - that's a thought! So, do you sometimes go to bed without eating? I try to stay up after I eat, but I only ate a small bowl of bean soup tonight to take my pills with...
I always say that at my home one can die of anything but hunger. If I don`t eat a proper diner (and sometimes I don`t) I stop by the kitchen every now and then, looking for something to munch. I think that you did too much yesrterday and that is not healthy. You did not forget to eat: your body was too tired.
@ElicBxn (60052)
I won't starve anytime soon, but I don't take pills on an empty stomach - they have a tendency to come back the wrong way and then I can't stop throwing up until I take serious medicine! So I want to eat, but I'm too tired, but the pain meds and pills to help me sleep need to be taken with something on my stomach, but I can't stay awake to eat... I woke up quite stiff, let me tell you!
I am so sorry! I know it{s not a good idea to take any kind of pills with an empty stomach. Maybe you should have a yogurt in the fridge for those occations. That would be enough, I think.
@dragon54u (31298)
Wow, what a busy day! I wish I could go to bed without eating! If I'm hungry, I can't sleep. Occasionally I'll be so tired that I'll set the alarm and take a nap but I absolutely have to be away at 9AM and 9PM because that's when Gus has to take his epilepsy medication. So I can't just fall asleep. I did once and thank God Cookie woke me up at 9:15PM--she knew something was supposed to happen, I guess. She likes pill time, too, because she gets cheese just like Gus, only not a pill inside the cheese!
@ElicBxn (60052)
looks like I was coming down with a bug, I'm feeling rotten now!
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Alas, I never forget to eat...
@ElicBxn (60052)
It wasn't that I forgot - I can't take meds without something in my stomach, its just I was too tired to do so...
@bellis716 (4807)
Hope that orange front porch light isn't a bright orange, so that no one will mistake it for a red-light.
@ElicBxn (60052)
the new lights are nice, BRIGHT white!
• Marion, Kansas
If I go to bed without eating a decent amount I wake up from hunger. I am more likely to miss a noon meal. I try not to eat too much at night, and to make it healthy, so it does not cause reflux. I ate too many cookies yesterday and thought I might have trouble.Actually slept seven hours straight. All this food talk reminds me I need to get supper into the crockpot so it is ready when I go to work tonight. Have you tried a heated mattress pad on your bed. Your fibro would love it I think. Heavy draperies will help the draft I am sure. You will want to cover that a/c unit too, though.
@ElicBxn (60052)
I think I figured out part of the problem, I was coming down with a bug...
@MsTickle (24966)
I never go to bed without eating as I know I will be up later from hunger. I stay awake and hang around then usually I get my second wind and stay up for hours more. I hate that.
@ElicBxn (60052)
I seldom wake up from hunger, but I've been known to be unable to sleep because of it... I have that second wind sometimes too.
@WakeUpKitty (8711)
• Netherlands
Busy people are tired, they are even busy when they sleep. scedule your life, eat healthy (no fast food, fixed food, sugars, wheat), build in relaxing time as well, read, knitt or whatever that takes your mind of thinking (at the start you will think a lot but at a certain point your mind will end with that). Go to bed at the same time, wake up at the same time. You will see you will feel better in 2-3 weeks and have plenty of energy. BTW 1-2 hours before you go to bed you should not eat or watch movies, be on the internet so the brains can get rest. Light is activating the brains.
@ElicBxn (60052)
I try to eat healthy. I think I was so tired in part because I was coming down with the cold I have now - stinking rotten cold!
@BarBaraPrz (17300)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
There's nothing wrong in taking a nap before eating, (or after) I say. =^..^=
@ElicBxn (60052)
its what I ended up doing - taking about a 3 hour nap. Then I was up for another 3 hours before cratering again.
@cher913 (25895)
well, i don't like to go to bed without eating. i usually end up waking up with a headache if i do.
@ElicBxn (60052)
I don't have that problem, I just can't take pills on an empty stomach, and if I don't take pills I'll wake up in the middle of the night and not get back to sleep.