I like shoppig at the dollar stores.

But,not everything that is there is of good quality. I am drinking some mango juice which should be as thick as a shake. it feels like I am drinking water with a light mango taste. I only bought one even though I really wanted more. I am so glad I made my mind up to buy only one. I also choose to stick to the name brand items they sell there. that way I know I am getting good stuff. I have yet to get anything name brand that was not great. I will buy no name bleach for the dishes though. I will even buy the bath room stuff because it works for me.
@ctryhnny (3463)
I love the dollar stores and try to stay away from mongrel brands because as you found out their not always good. The only food I will buy there is cookies or candy otherwise I'm very careful with what I buy there. I like to use styrofoam cups, plates and bowls and they always have the best prices on them and it doesn't matter what the brand is.
Your right I buy them at times and they are just as good as dixie.
@cher913 (25890)
i seldom buy food at the dollar store but buy shampoo and mousse there. i also buy craft items there because i have seen the same thing there as i have at Michaels but obviously for a fraction of the price.
I never look in that section and really need to finish my scrap book. I might make a special trip down there soon.
@jambi462 (4598)
I went shopping at a dollar store today, I had to pick up an extension cable so that I could hook up my new lizard's heat lamp in our bedroom. While I was there I looked around as well at some of there stuff and some of it is decent quality for being a dollar but some of it is also complete junk. For cleaners and some personal care products I would recommend people to go shopping there. I also bought some coconut juices which I love, especially when they have pieces in coconut in them like this kind did. I wouldn't buy much of their food items at dollar stores but they still do have some things that I would buy.
@Arieles (2474)
I really enjoy shopping at the local Dollar Tree, well...it's not local, it's in Gaylord, a town 30 miles away from the town we live in. I can find so many items there, books, olive oil, coffee, creamer, quality items too! I have found a few items of poor quality, but I still love shopping there. We do have a Dollar Castle in our own town, but the shelves are practically bare, and I rarely go in there. I can never find anything. I've never tried the mango drink, but I think my Uncle has. The bathroom supplies and bleach are fine for me as well, but there are some items, where I won't compromise on the quality.
One day me and K will go to the dollar general near us and get stuff. I'll ask her if we have another family dollar. There is one in Bethlehem but we don't live there anymore and it's too far to waste gas. We need to stay in town now that we live here. Gas is over $4 a gallon here or nearly that here.
@gtdonna (1740)
That's why they are called dollar stores, because most everything is cheap and taste is not really a big factor. For instance the mango juice you described, some people like me who grow up in a tropical country would probably love it because it will remind us of making mango drink with lots of water and just a hint of mango taste (especially liked by people who do not like drinking water but preferred flavor water). I do have to admit, some of the items they sell baffle me when it comes to taste. But overall they cater to people who are penny pinching and on a tight budget and can't be picky about what they buy as long as it is food, it is fresh and it can be eaten.
I've always had pretty good luck with things that I've bought at the dollar store and for that reason I find that I really enjoy visiting the dollar store as well because I know that my money will go a long way when I'm shopping there. However, I there is one thing about the dollar store that really does bother me, that is the fact that you always have to wait in line for a long time to check out because it seems that they always have only one cashier in the store.
@ZoeJoy (1395)
I like shopping at dollar stores as well. But, as you say, you do need to watch the quality of items. I buy greeting cards because some of them are 2 for a $1.00. They are good quality greeting cards. I really don't see the point of spending $3-$5 on a greeting card. Might as well buy that person a small gift.
@velvet53 (17323)
• Palisade, Colorado
I buy a lot of stuff at the dollar stores. They carry a lot of name brand items and I can't see paying higher prices if I don't have too.
I get certain foods at the dollar store not a lot. I love getting cute little things there. Like I'm going to get the kids stocking stuffer there. Some cleaning supplies I get there too. Trash bags too. I also get my tea lights there.
I dont shop at the dollar store very often. I dont get food from there because its cheaper at walmart for the same stuff. Usually if I go to a dollar store its for something specific they have there that is cheaper then other places like pregnancy tests there for $1 but at walmart the cheapest is like $4 or something like that. I usually buy tissue paper there for gift bags as well. Why do you use bleach on your dishes?
@jenny1015 (13389)
We also have a similar store here in our country. But most of the items they sell are clothes. I tried buying from the store once. But realized that the sizes were mostly for petite girls.
@Tina30219 (35157)
• Onaway, Michigan
You are so right not everything is of good quality at dollar stores. I also get some of my cleaning stuff as well as paper products at dollar stores it also depends on the dollar store that I am shopping at on the products I get there.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
So do I.. was a weekly thing for me in vegas. Loved those only 99 cent stores there. Always found great food items and things there. Have a good evening there. My chicken soup is ready here.