Do you think the order will be held up?

I checked the status of my order for the tv a few minutes ago. it says it is in progress and I checked my account and the money was taken out. I called them to find out what is keeping it from shipping out. the lady told me I am due to get the tv on the 19th of the month. what I am wondering is how do they promise a delivery date if it has not been shipped out yet? do you think it will get to me later than the 19th? It would not be a problem to get it a few days later. but,we need to make plans to be home to collect the box. Thanks for the help... also do you think they don't have on in stock?
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
"In progress" makes me think that they are trying to locate the t.v. you want in their warehouse. You could look tomorrow and the status has changed. A lot of times I've ordered something, big or small, and the status might be stuck on one thing for awhile. I tend to look in the early morning hours and find that the status has changed, it's gotten closer so to speak.
Ok,it has been three days now. I will keep checking. thanks.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
On a side note it seemed like it too forever for a five lbs. CD player to get to me and UPS shipping didn't update their statuses often.
@Arieles (2474)
I would think they will get it sent out to you before the estimated delivery date, so it would arrive on the 19th. They usually know how long it takes for their packages to arrive. I believe you should get it on the 19th or before. You said it's arriving to your Mother's house, so she should be able to call you when it arrives. Does she know she's getting a tv? That is so cool. Are you also getting packages delivered to your home? I know when I order from Amazon, my packages always arrive earlier than anticipated.
@alberello (4756)
Well, if they gave you the availability of the product, I think it is obvious that they have some in stock. I have never bought anything nor in the network, nor even by phone, so I can not tell you exactly how they work these businesses. I can not even sure at this point, if you will have it or not, the TV for December 19.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Normally these people are on point with their deliveries...If they say the 19th you can count on the 19th,,,I have never experienced any problem with them at all....
We aren't psychic, so we have no way of knowing Gifts. But I know with Amazon they are usually on time. I've never dealt with QVC or any other site but amazon.
@sedel1027 (17868)
They can promise a delivery date based on the number of days their warehouse needs to pull the item and the number of days the carrier tells them your item will take to be delivered. I order a lot of stuff online through Amazon and they provide a delivered by date before purchasing the item.
hi gifts they have w ays of knowing how long it takes to get to any given point. I hope it comes when they told you it would. I think they have all the times for things to get to various places down in a list to keep track of all the various shipments now in this Christmas season.I think you will get it on the date promised. wow a new television that will be wonderful for you too. life sounds good for you right now, am I ri ght Sharon? hugs f rom hatley.