Sharing My Peronal Photos On Her Wall

@NailTech (6890)
I have this friend, she is not that young and perhaps has some kind of mental handicap and shares a ton of photos and stuff on FB from their sharable photo sites. I was posting a photo today there, nothing that personal but it still had a link to my page on it when she posted it which I don't want to be given around. I just kindly told her not to share them, and that it was a personal photo of my cat. She took it really well---so far. I had to be very very careful of how I worded my explanation of it to her. She is moody and sometimes downright rude but I know this is part of her illness. The thing is that anything can be shared on FB without your consent. I'm not sure if that aspect of it is very good. It is why I'm limited to what photos I put on there anymore. Would you want people sharing your personal photos on their wall without your permission even if it was one of your pet?
I think you have been very nice and patient with this friend of yours. I also think that I wouldn't put any photos on FB that I wouldn't want duplicated on someones wall. ANd I wouldn't have anyone on my friend's list that I felt would misuse or abuse any of my pictures.
@NailTech (6890)
It wasn't a very personal photo, it was my cat in a Santa hat with a bouquet of fake Christmas flowers. I would have shared it on the Net anyways but it is the fact that it linked back to my FB page which bugged me. I'm sure she probably didn't realize it though.
Probably she didn't. It never ceases to amaze the sites that are connected to FB.
Ya, I would want to know for sure that it worked the way you wanted it to too. Hope you get it figured out. I don't know your name on there or I could check it out for you. Happy holidays.
@jenny1015 (13389)
Actually, I don't mind them sharing my photos for as long as they would use it in a positive way.
@NailTech (6890)
That is your option then, but there is a link on the shared photo which leads back to my user name, picture, etc and I just don't feel comfortable with that as i don't want some people on there to find me. I don't use my real last name in fact but still someone could "find" me other ways knowing how unsecure FB is nowadays. I liked it better it when I first joined a few years ago or so.
@jenny1015 (13389)
So, maybe the only thing that you can do is to adjust your privacy settings, wherein only your friends can actually see your pictures. Atleast those friends of your friends won't be able to see your profile.
@jenny1015 (13389)
You can select photos which you want to share witn all your friends in Facebook or just choose certsin people who can view them.
@choybel (5059)
Depends on what photos and for what purpose , but even with a good intention for a good post, I'd still very much appreciate it if I was given notice or asked for permission about it. I'd definitely like to know where my stuff are and what they are being used for, photos included.
@NailTech (6890)
Yes if she would have asked it would have been better, cause she did see me posting words with the photo on my status so I was assuming she did know it was one of my personal photos. Sheesh.
@choybel (5059)
I also tell that to friends and relatives who have the habit of taking or "borrowing" my stuff without my knowledge. I make sure they understand that I am mad that they took it without permission and it would have been okay with me if they asked first because I have no problem with lending some, if not most of my things.
@NailTech (6890)
If I get mad it tends to make people think I'm the b*tch and not just being assertive. That is what I dislike about being a darn female sometimes.
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi NailTech, I always do my best to share only photos with close friends on fb site. Yeah, not all the photos. Some I will share with my group of family members. Few days back I received notification from fb saying that one of the groups there would share all the photos and comments available open. Asked to agree or leave it. Still not decide yet Anyway I feel reluctant to share certain of my personal photos there. In your case I think it would be more careful when loading photos to fb. Post only those if you don't mind to share publicly. This can prevent the same situation happens to be appear again. Certainly it would be rather sulk if someone sharing my personal photo to everyone without consent Happy posting
@NailTech (6890)
Ues I plan to not load too many, not that I load many at all. I see others posting everything and that is not me. I just don't trust FB in general anymore.
@lkbooi (16101)
I add only people I'm familiar with in real life as friends in facebook site. I don't trust off line people anyway.
@NailTech (6890)
I know what you mean, but most of my friends are online these days
If it was my daughters I wouldn't care. If it is just friends, yes, I would not like it one bit. I'm very leary of Facebook anymore. Everytime they change something, your privacy is in danger and that doesn't sit well with me. I ended up de-activating my account because things were just getting too weird there. Again, no, I wouldn't like it one bit and I wouldn't care if she got moody or not.
@NailTech (6890)
I'm getting more and more leary of it. Sometimes wish I could just delete it and still somehow keep in contact with everyone but it wouldn't be feasible that way. It is almost as if I didn't have fb then I wouldn't see what everyone was up to on there anymore. Sigh.
I know what you mean. I didn't delete my account, but you can do that. I only de-activated it for the time being. It was just getting to be too crazy for me. They would constantly change stuff and you had to go along with it whether you liked it or not. A while back, I really liked it, then they started doing all this other stuff and your privacy settings had to be changed constantly. That's what I didn't like. Right now, if I wanted to go back, all I have to do is log in. I do miss seeing what everyone is up to though...they did make me laugh my head off sometimes.
@NailTech (6890)
I have a friend or two who have done that with the deactivation for awhile then they came back. It is a good feature they have on FB. Yes, I didn't care for the way the privacy settings have to be changed so often either. Who can keep up with it when there are many other things to keep up with? I probably have deactivated one of my accts there and got to logging back on but I lost a few passwords so I can't do that with them all again, so I stick with one of them.
@vernaC (1493)
That's really rude..she should ask you about it first. This is why I chose people to add in my fb even if I know them. You know,even my sisters, they ask me first if it's ok with me if they post something that's from my page.
@vernaC (1493)
That's really bad, everytime you open your fb, you're supposed to be happy connecting with these people. Sometimes, too much people in your list can really bring negative feelings that you don't like. I tried to avoid feeling bad cause by other people so I stay in sites where the atmosphere is friendly.
@anklesmash (1416)
I have never had a problem with any of the pictures my friends have put on face book of me.Though it's only been my good friends that have posted my pictures on face book and they have never posted any embarrassing photos of me as they are good friends.I probably would either be angry or upset if a friend of mine put an embarrassing photo on face book especially as you hear about potential employers looking up job applicants on face book.A bad picture could prevent me from getting a job.
@NailTech (6890)
That's great you have all nice or mentally stable friends. I have not known about the friend's mental illnesses until she went on FB, when I knew her awhile back she was more normal. Something seemed to have 'snapped' with her. She can sound normal one minute and then be going off on everyone the next on FB for almost no reason. I don't have any embarassing photos on the Net thank goodness.
@911Ricki (13602)
I agree with you, she can post it, then someone else so on. I would do the samething, and very nicely tell them you don't want your pictures all over the internet. I have a friend who posts, and shares everything of mine, so I block a lot of things from her.
@NailTech (6890)
I wouldn't want to block my things from her but if it happens again I will. I'm sure she will do it accidentally though. I get tired of all of her rude whining saying things like "I'm bored, I'm going to bed.", or "No one to talk to as per usual.", how she will delete people for just silly things then befriend them again a month later. etc. It gets to be draining to look at that.
• Nigeria
first you have to understand that she is handicapped, but still if you don't like people sharing your personal photos on FB,then minimize the way you post them especially those personal ones you do not want shared. For me i don't have any problem with people sharing my photos on FB provided it doesn't abuse my personality.
@NailTech (6890)
Well, I wanted to share it and I even posted it on pinterest for a specific other important reason temporarily but I didn't want other FBers to share it on their wall. It wasn't like it came from a page where alot of people share things from. How would I minimize the way it's shared there like that? I am open to any suggestions cause I might not know if there's any kind of solution to this.
@MsTickle (24994)
Absolutely not. I hate the sharable aspect of FB. I don't particularly want certain members of my family knowing my business and so sharing anything can lead to trouble. My account is an assumed name but my daughter still refers to me by my real name or Mum. I wish I could delete my account in total.