Learned to cook.

@Erynn14 (359)
Malaysia
It's been like 2 weeks or 1 month I learn how to cook from my mother. I got to cook today because my mother was busy over her work and need me to cook. So I went and cook it all by myself. After cooking,everything on the dining table. Because first fish dish, my dad take it to the dining table and cover it with a small food cover. The second dish is meat. It's just a little bit of them. So I put it into a small bowl. I then take it to the dining table and cover it with the small food cover which cover the fish dish. The plate is a bit out from the cover. But I think it's okay since the flies won't be able to fly on top of it and stand on the food. And what I got is COMPLAIN. What on earth? You want me to cook for the lunch and in the end all I got is complain about this and that when I try my best to cook on my OWN! What you want from me huh? Seriously, do every parents are like that?!
@jeztrose (1405)
I guess your parents are very rude to complain on what your efforts. If they don't like the taste of the food then better say it nicely and give more tips and advises to be able to enhance your ability in cooking, but complaining is another thing. In that situation, you will tend to lose your confidence in cooking, as well as your interest will become lesser.
@Erynn14 (359)
I agree with you. Even in studies, no matter how I tried my best on getting good results, and at first the way she say that she will not complain if I do better than that. But once she saw it, she will totally be a different person and complain this complain that. Probably all she want is just 100% full marks straight A's for every single results of mine. Sad. I lose a lot of interest in doing anything I like at the very beginning for now.
@jeztrose (1405)
oh i feel sad about that knowing that you lose interest, but well i cannot blame you for that coz in the first place your mother did wrong.I think she does not know that would really affect you and lose your confident on those things. I hope that someday she would realize that and refrain on complaining, and be more understanding.
@Erynn14 (359)
Probably she will stop on complaining when I got out and study or work. That time she would not complain straight to my face but at behind. Sure thing, she will never stop complain about things she don't like.
No and your right they should not act like this. your going to be doing more cooking and this will not happen all the time. just don't let it bother you too much.
@Erynn14 (359)
Sadly she eventually ruined my mood on helping her cooking and learn to cook already.
Hi Erynn14, I remember the first time I ever cook for my parents and sisters. They didn't like it either. While they are appreciative of the effort, they told me that there are some flavors missing and they encourage me that I will be better next time because I knew then what was lacking. Instead of being discourage by the remarks, I took it as a driving force for me to be a better cook. And I am glad I just did that, because now I am running my own catering services and everybody seems to like the food I prepare for them. Cheer up, in time you'll be better
@Erynn14 (359)
Wow that was cool! At least your parents encourage you. I just wonder why everytime my mother say that if I did better she will not complain. Just like my exam results. No matter how good I get, once she saw it, she will complain. Just anything. Maybe she is the sort of perfectionist or whatever. I just dislike the way they complain when I tried my best on ding the thing and all they did is just letting me down, which will discourage me on doing anything that at first I like the most like cooking as well. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to have the mood on cooking again. But not today anymore.
@edvc77 (2143)
That is normal. You are a beginner just try to improve your cooking. Practice makes perfect. :-) Have a blessed Christmas to come!
@Erynn14 (359)
Just like what you said, I'm still a beginner, and she wanted me to do everything as perfect as she can? What on earth? And then everything blame me! Even waking up late I can also get scolded? It is just so unfair!
Do you know the stories of those famous stars who are known for their fantstic acting?. They have reached there just because they did not mind the scolding they got from their directors. Need I say more?
Why didnĀ“t they like it? Dis they explain waht was wrong? Too much salt? Too many spices? Because if you use too little one any of those, they can pour more into their dishes. Not to worry, girl.