They lied about thier age

their is a great person that you fell in love with. you have two small kids and they treat your kids like their own. then 2 years go by and you finally move the perosn in with you. you find out they are not being truthful about some stuff. and you forgive them and move on. then you come to find out the person is ten years older than they said they were. what would you do about this? The person who I am talking about tossed the person out but feel like they are overreacting.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
many lie about their ages... never understood that. What do they gin from it?
@riyauro (6428)
maybe they want to show hat they are young but the truth is when your heart is young you stay young no matter what your age is and there is no need to lie about the age when you are already young at heart. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead.
@surekharathi (14134)
Many persons say lie about their age specially when they wants to marry with a girl. I think if the girl also love him they she feel no problem about age but no then she create problem and say why you tell lie with me and start argument.
@burrito88 (2779)
Lying is never a good thing. One lie often leads to another lie to cover up the first. Regarding at 10 year age difference, it depends upon what ages the people are. Certainly a 20 year man interested in a 10 year old girl would be wrong. But would it be so wrong for a 45 year old man to be interested in a 35 year old woman?
@Angelpink (4022)
Age is not a problem in a relationship , if each and everyone love each other that much then age would never matter especially for broad minded people age got no significance , intelligence even matter more. Yes they are overreacting with a silly little thing.
@riyauro (6428)
As I read through, there are some responses saying that age does not matter, so my point is if age does not matter that why lie in the first place. For me I think it is wrong to lie and especially to those who are dear to you. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead.
@WakeUpKitty (8706)
• Netherlands
First of all I find it weird you can be with someone for 2 years and not knowing the age, etc if you decide to live together. Secondly.. if the age never caused any problems why does it suddenly? If you did not see or ever noticed the age difference there was no age difference. Age is just a number.. how old we are in reality has to do with the life experiences we have and the way we feel.
Well, it's like this: he lies about his age, what else is he lying about? He could have a wife tucked away somewhere that you don't know about. I was with someone who didn't even give me his right name! He said his name was Eric Wiggley, and then after a couple of months he said he was somebody else and that his family was independently wealthy. I realized I was a fool and he was conning me for my income. I still worked as a nurse. He had literally taken over my life where I couldn't do anything but work. He stole my checkbook and caused havoc there and then walked away to con someone else. Never again.
@lelin1123 (15643)
• Puerto Rico
Well something like this happened to me. However I thought my ex was maybe no more then eight years older. Then he tells me he is really ten years older. Then he decides to finally tell me the real truth and that was that he was really fourteen years older. So I was twenty and he was thirty-four. I was initially upset but stayed because it was to late I had fallen in love with him. Needless to say it didn't work out because he was always running around. I left him after eleven years. I think this person over reacted too. I just don't understand why the lying about the age.
@dodo19 (34311)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I don't really think that age is a huge deal, or at least it shouldn't be when it comes to a relationship. However, when you lie about something, even if it's your age, it would certainly be difficult to forget. It's just one of those things that I think you should be honest about from the start.
@jenny1015 (13389)
I think that age shouldn't really matter. Did knowing his correct age have something to do with their love for each other? And yes, they have overreacted about something petty.
@Arieles (2474)
Hmmm, you always make these so hard Gifts. It's hard to say unless I was in the situation myself. Okay, so I'm in this relationship and my partner and I are living together in a blended family. We've been together for some time, so we obviously love each other very much. Later I find out that my partner is ten years older than what I thought he was. Well, we obviously are getting along, the kids are doing great. I'd probably keep the slugger around, but I would want him to be honest and upfront with me from there going forward. Lies lead to more lies, etc..so he'd really have to be truthful.
Telling a lie is not a good thing.If I were in the shoes of the person you are talking about, I would definitely feel bad about his insincerity.That only goes to stay the he is not trustworthy. Like you said, he also lied about some stuff about himself. I don't think I can stay with someone who is not truthful with me.
• Lenox, Georgia
I think age is a big thing to lie about. Especially 10 years difference! That is a big deal. Its not like their 2 years older than they said they were, that would be no big deal to me... I don't know if I would throw them out or not but lie after lie makes you start to feel like all they will ever do is lie to you. What if the lies keep getting bigger as time goes on? These are things to consider...