I thank god my mother raised me to take care of myself.

If I were depending on this man to pay my rent I would be homeless. I am sitting here thinking how blessed I am that I was making it on my own before he came and after he left. I can't imagine me having to find somewhere to live because this man left me once again. thanks mom. I am hoping it works out no matter how I have to live after today.
What? Adrian left you again? Why do you put up with him. If you have any brains you won't let him back in your life again, no matter how much he whines that he wants to come back. My parents taught me to be self reliant and not depend on any man.
I am ready to be alone and now he is making it seem like I just want my daughter and not him. I told him we can be friends because he wants nothing to do with kay and that is to much for me to deal with.
To each his own. His decision is his loss. I wouldn't stress out about it. If he just wants to play the blame game, I suggest you don't give him access to you while you are so stressed and vulnerable. You got to protect you right now. No wonder Kay acts out sometimes. She had to feel the resentment that us all Adrian. It's like he is making it a tug if war between you and him. It takes 2 to have words to keep this tug if war going. If you don't answer the phone or the door you can make time to get some peace if mind. Forget right now about guilt of him being there for you. Yes He has but at a price. Shut everyone out who causes you stress until you can handle things better.
@Arieles (2474)
Moms are great nurturers that's for sure. Both my parents had a role in teaching me to take care of myself, it was my Dad though that taught me how to rely on surviving on another man's junk. Life is full of ups and downs, and it's our attitude towards those obstacles that will determine if we make it or not. I sure hope this all works out for you and even if you have to move on without Adrian, you will find peace in knowing that what ever life throws at you, you can survive.
I am doing my very best with what I am dealing with. My mother and sister will make sure I be ok. I can't imagine losing control and hurting my mother like that. she raised me well and I can't wait till she calls me so I can thank her.
• Mexico
gift.. you are doing great. i would have went insane along time ago if I faced what you have.
I a losing it right now because of this man making me feel like I only want my daughter adn not him. but,he wants no part of her so I said we can be friends and now he is bad mouthing me.
@alberello (4755)
Well, I understand that, unfortunately, in your life, you're not going through a smooth. You can not expect on such a man, because if you do not pay the rent, you said you'd already homeless. I remember, however, that in the past you have been working as a hairdresser. You do still? If the answer is yes, with that job, you can earn at least need to live? I believe that you deserve to be helped, I'm just sorry I can not do anything for you!
You don't have to worry about me dear. I will be just fine here.. I just need my family and nothing more.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
amen sister... same here. Ive been alone for 2 years now. And I take care of myself. Just the way my mother taught me to. Have a great day there. You ready for xmas yet?
I have been ready for christmas. I let my daughter open her gifts last night.
@franseman (516)
Why thank god if it was your mother who did the job???? Better bring HER some flowers
Because my mother would want me to thank god.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
I was taught like you to support myself. I taught my girls also never to depend on a man because they are not always reliable. I'm happy that you are in a good place with all that has transpired in the past week or so. You are also a very strong women and you will be just find. Just be happy and take advantage of living alone and enjoying it.
@zurichann (235)
I'm sure how wonderful your mother is. My daughter and I was abandoned by the father of my daughter as well. He left us for another girl. I was so depressed but realised that I have to continue. God has blessed us with so many people who love my daughter. My mother is taking care of her and I am working alone for her. We know we can survive better without the father of my child.
Well, I am certainly glad that my mother taught me what she did too. She taught me to be able to add sums in my head, to be concientious and able to handle money well. How you have to live after today? THat sounds might ominous. I hope all is okay.
@anklesmash (1416)
Your right about mothers being important in shaping their children as people.I know I would be wouldn't be the man I am today if it wasn't my mum.My Mum taught me how to look after myself such as do my own cooking,my own cleaning,my own laundry and look after my own finances.I have been much better at looking after myself than some of the people I share accommodation with at university one of who was going to put a tin into the microwave.
People should never rely on anyone to take care of them, sometimes things happen that causes people to leave and as unfortunate as it is, it does happen. The best thing we could do in life is try to save up enough money as we can while we are still young so when the time comes when have to depart from our parents or caregivers we will be able to support ourselves and only depend on ourselves to make it through in life. I recently turned 18 years old and made some bad decisions already, I dropped out of high school due to school bullies and mean people. I grew up without a father and a sick mom, I currently live with my grandparents.. they pay for the essentials I need to survive but they won't be around forever. I'm going to enroll in a GED program soon which is similar to a high school diploma, since I've dropped out and my days in between until I go back into schooling I have been trying to save up every penny and dollar I can make. It's difficult but I have so much I want to accomplish in life and it would be a shame to live on the streets in the future and to let my dreams waste away because of a lack of money.
@trisha27 (3498)
That is how my mom raised me to, to never depend on a man for anything. You make sure you have a job, make sure you are bringing in money and you know how to get around. And so thanks to her, if my husband and I were to get a divorce or if he were to die, I'd be able to take care of myself. Without worrying about where I'm going to go or how I'm going to eat. I know that my mom would let me come back home if that were to happen, but I wouldn't want to go back home, I love being on my own. I guess most mom's are good like that, teaching their daughters to not depend on a man. I've had a friend, who depended on her man for everything, she didn't have a job and she didn't even drive or have her own card with money in it. I felt so sorry for her, because her husband treated her so badly and she wanted to leave, but she couldn't because she had no place to go, no money or anything and she couldn't drive. So she was basically stuck. To this day I think she is still living like that. I'm making it a point for myself, to never be in a situation like that, where I'm stuck, because I have no money, no job and I can't drive.
Gifts, you have been down this road so many times... *Sigh* I'm glad that you can make it on your own, but I really wish that you would keep that in mind all of the time. Your relationship with Adrian has been... Well, the words "troubled" and "rocky" immediately come to mind. After the pre-Thanksgiving problems, I had hoped that meant you had reached the point where you were ready to build a happy life for yourself instead of continuing on this roller coaster.
@asliah (11148)
hi, no mother will wanted her child to be a weak when it comes to life,i am thankful because my parents raised me to be a good person and practiced me to be always initiative and flexible in life,so i could say that i can live with my own hands without the help of other people because of my parents.they taught me how to be independent.
That is why I will never move out of this house. If I meet a guy and he lives in a big gorgeous mansion I still dont think I will move out. The second I move out my parents will have my sister here living with her kids then I will have no where to live if the guy and I split up. I live here where my parents own the house. They dont live here they just own it. They pay the taxes on the property and the sewer but I pay all the bills. Its around $400 now for my bills each month but thats still less then I would pay for rent somewhere by far.
@czhey21 (55)
I know howitzer feels to Be loved and to belong.