Current writing projects

Good afternoon, mylot writers! I'm working on my third book. My first was a memoir, the second was a cookbook, this will be about making money on the web in 2013. Hard times seem to have touched all of us in some way or another, and I'm hoping this will help a lot of people. My audience includes: working folks struggling to make ends meet, at home parents, disabled, elderly and the self-employed, as well as small businesses, schools, churches and other nonprofits who need extra money to help carry out their missions. Hope all is well with your works in progress. Best wishes!
Great to have friends who are writers like you.I'm one of the character who comes under the category you have included as your audience...working folk struggling to make both ends meet and at home parent who is self-employed.Hope your new project help people like us to fulfill our dreams. "My hearty wishes,May this new year-2013 bring happiness and prosperity in your life".
Happy New Year and welcome, sreelatha! Your friendship is a blessing, as well. As the making money online book progresses, my readers are more strongly in my mind and on my heart. Peace! :-)
@prashu228 (25820)
yes It is done for a good cause they will be helpful and successful too.
@trisha27 (3505)
That is good that you are going to write another book and I think that is a good topic and most likely people are going to want to read it. I know I would, maybe I'll look for it once you are done writing it.
Happy New Year, trisha, and welcome! Thanks for your lovely comment. I hope the book buying public will agree with you. Peace! :-)
Good luck for your book. That is a good topic. I am sure it will be a success. I hope your book will help the people and also save them from scams. So you are a serious writer as you already written 2 books. Good job
Hello again, intel, and thanks for your kind response and encouragement. It seems there are a few places and ways that I have happened upon that others have not yet discovered, so I want to share them. Yes, I do not think this will be anywhere near my last book, either. Peace! :-)
@prashu228 (25820)
wow so you are into writing. I really like to visit if you have any site/blog where you write. Hope they will be helpful to many.
Happy New Year and welcome, prashu! Thanks for your generous response. I'll message you the site links you requested. Peace! :-)
@agent807 (719)
I'm pretty novice at this myself, but I am hoping to be able to put a piece of my work out there for others to enjoy. I don't have any advice or words of wisdom to scribe into actual literature, and I don't have a interesting enough of a life to write about. What I like to do is craft a decent piece of storytelling. A story that draws a person into that world, using real situations to craft a unique story. For example, the piece that I am working on now involves a turf war in New Orleans involving property that has been abandoned by those who fled the devastation. It's a tale of greed, corruption, and exploitation. I like gritty crime sagas. I have plenty of projects I have been scribbling notes for those ideas everywhere. Some are gritty, some are not. I'm just trying to purge everything that comes up in my head and craft good storytelling from it.
Happy New Year and many thanks, agent807! Trust me, everyone has something interesting in their life worth writing about. I have a knack for finding it in the people I happen across. Storytelling's good, too, and unique always rocks. The New Orleans tale sounds very enticing. Louisiana's never been shy on greed, corruption and exploitation, and Hurricane Katrina has inspired many writers. There will be some digital self-publishing advice in my money book, so stay tuned. Best wishes on your works! :-)
@j6face (67)
All the best with your works. Does the money making stuff which you will write in the book is tried by you? Are you going to cover the fake sites and offers as well in the book to warn those newbies?
Welcome, j6face, and thank you for your kind response. I've been debating about what to include: stuff I've tried and succeeded with, things friends have done well at, places with great reputations that we haven't gotten around to trying yet. I've already deleted some that sounded like great ideas in the rough draft, but didn't pass the credibility test. I think I'm gonna focus on the first three. Peace! :-)
@dodoazo (17733)
Writing a book is one of my desire for me to get published. I love to do it but I don't know the mechanics, the procedure on how to get into the printing process. Well, it is good for you that you've been in the writing book job and this your third book to be in print. Hope this will be demanded in the market for it is about making money on the web. Good luck for this job in 2013.
Greetings and Happy New Year, dodoazo! Thanks for your generous responses. Getting published is actually quite easy if you do it yourself. Digital self-publishing is one of the methods included in the making money on the web book. Once you get your first title under your belt, it becomes more of a learning process and commitment to greater quality each time, at least in my case. Peace! :-)
I am a professional Children's writing author. My next manuscripts have just been accepted and I am on the way of being published again!!! I am happy to see that you have a variety of themes to write about, that is what will help make you a famous author! I hope you are doing your absolute best and become well-known in this interesting and diverse industry! Kudos! and Best wishes in everything you undertake.
• Mexico
thats so neat.. Id love to see some of your work. I love childrens books and stories even at 34 years old.. Take care there.
Thanks, wolfie, and welcome again! It's great to have more writing friends from different genres and career levels. Best wishes on your projects! :-)
Maria, when my stories get published, I will most certainly send yu a pdf file so you can read what I enjoy doing. Belinda, Thank you for the well wishes. :)
@wolfie34 (26816)
I used to write a lot in my twenties, I still had a great imagination and I wrote a few books, but I chose not to get them published, mainly because I based them on my experiences in life. I even did a soap opera based on a prison, I did about 250 episodes, I would spend hours writing, I was very creative. It was a hobby of mine but none of my works got published, again personal choice. Good luck with your third book.
Hey wolfie, thanks for contributing to the discussion. It's a shame you're keeping your great writings to yourself, but I understand. It is indeed a personal choice to publish. Best wishes and thanks! :-)
@dodoazo (17733)
Hi wolfie, I'm interested on your talent in writing. Just imagine you have the patience of writing several episodes for soap opera. Such a talent of yours as creative writer is needed in the movie industry, tv. If you find a manager to look for your job along the line of your expertise, you will be great earner in your family. Hope someday you come to it. More power!
@wolfie34 (26816)
Thank you my friend, for your kind thoughts, nowadays I just stick to being creative here on Mylot.
@ARIES1973 (9533)
• Legaspi, Philippines
That is really a great achievement! Are those two books available in bookstores around the world or we need to order directly from you? I am glad that some of our friends here are really doing great in writing. How I wish my picture could also be in front page of a book. With a title "How Aries1973 Became A Billionaire from doing online works. Wheew! Just a dream. I don't consider my self as a professional writer although I am also submitting articles on some sites and I also created my own website recently. II am just starting and I still have a long way to go. Hope everything will turn out well. Good luck my friend!
@dodoazo (17733)
It is possible ARIES1973 that your dream to be a successful writer and your book will in print. It is not too remote if you've already started it. If not, it is now the time to do it. Go ahead. I know you could make it. It takes patience, perseverance aside from your writing ability.
Happy New Year and thanks, ARIES and dodoazo! @ARIES: You can make it into print and become a professional author whenever you're ready. All it takes is you deciding that you're ready to receive it. As for me, one title is at Amazon, the other at Booklocker. This third will be available at several online outlets, including Amazon, AtContent and Smashwords. @dodoazo: You are exactly right. Patience and perseverance are essential in a writing career. Looking forward to more of your posts. Peace! :-)
I applaud you for getting so much done! I have three or four books started in my head, and even have some notes, but I haven't got any of them started at all yet.. too busy as a freelance to do my own stuff! lol.. guess that's a good thing!
Nice to meet you, macdingolinger! So long as your books are in your head, no one else can enjoy them. Share those delicious thoughts! Make the time somehow, because you and those thoughts are totally worth it. Best wishes! :-)
• United Arab Emirates
Thoughts are better enjoyed when put down for reread at later times, they are quite inspiring at those times you are reflect on them. Though in these present times, we are more focused on earning other than leisure because bills can't be sort out when what we do we do it for fun. @Macdingolinger, at this time of the year there are out needs which need our attention, and as long as we get paid for them, leaving them ain't an option.
@cher913 (25893)
i actually started writing a non fiction book but never really finished it and although i have published a number of articles, a book just seemed to be such a stretch for me. congrats on all your hard work!
Welcome, cher, and thank you for your post! I'm glad you got started on your book. Sometimes just getting past that first blank page can be the hardest part. It's wonderful that you have a successful career in articles. Books can be as long or as short as you'd like them to be. That's the beauty of e-self-publishing. I hope you decide to do writer yoga and stretch that last little bit toward completing your first book. It will be an awesome feeling when you do. Best wishes! :-)
@Anne18 (11036)
Wow, book number three! I'm still thinking about writing book number one! Have been at this stage for many years, so maybe one day I will get around to it. Any good advice on how to actually get started? Please and thank you. I would be able to write a very good frugal cookbook. What was your cook book about? I love reading recipes and cooking different things. Where do you sell your books? Have you tried lulu? That is meant ot be a good place to sell books. Perhaps next year 2013 will be my year to write my first book? Hope so
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Wow thats great. I wish I could learn to put my words in writing. I never really learned that. I know I have some great thoughts , but no idea where to put them. take care there..
Happy Monday, maria and thanks for your generous response! If your words won't go into writing, perhaps they'll consent to reveal themselves in art. Or maybe they're best begun in a private journal, then touched up when you feel inspired, and shared with others when you feel a bit more confident about them. Best wishes! :-)