I am not hungry at all..

But,I feel like chewing on something.. I had a bowl of salad with nothing but leaves in it. Then I had a yogurt an a cup of coffee. that was about noon time and now it is about 4 pm. I feel like chewing on something oh I had an orange and five crackers.. I am not going to eat any meat so that is out of the question. I have some rice I would love to eat. should I have some now or make it my dinner.. thanks. I can see the chewing is going to be the issue as well.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
try and keep celery, and carrot handy for when you feel alittle hungry.. they are good to have in one is one a diet...
I can make me some mixed veggies and that will help me. thanks.
@Arieles (2474)
Drink a lot of water and chew some gum. You can some peanut butter on an apple, that's a healthy snack full of good fats and a little protein. If you want to you can eat a dill pickle. This is suppose to curb a lot of cravings. I've never tried it for "chewing" but it could work, well anything sour for that matter might work. Sure you can have some rice now if you want and then have some more with your dinner. Whatever you do, keep the ice cubes out of your mouth.
Ok I was going to make some juice with ice in it.
@Arieles (2474)
just didn't want you chewing on ice and chipping your teeth, bad habit I once had. Sure, juice is great. Are you doing your own juicing or some other kind of juice? I want to get a juicer, a Jack Lalane Juicer...hopefully someday soon.
My sister has this and she makes her own juice all the time.
@bluespygirl (2112)
Hello gifts. It seems to be that you are always online here at myLot. :) Anyway, it is about 6am here in my country now while its almost 4pm to you now. May I ask if you are on a diet thus the salad? If you feel like chewing, take a biscuit or cookies. You can have the chewing and have a little snack. It is better than chewing a gum if you just like chewing. My jaw aches when I am chewing a gum. Lazy me, lol
Yes,I am trying to lose 15 pounds that I have gained.
Chew on carrots. That's what I do. I keep celery and carrots just for that purpose, because as gastric bypass recipients we cannot satisfy ourselves with eating lots of food. Chewing on safe foods like carrots and celery fulfills my crave to chew. I make a dip from mustard, plain low fat Greek yogurt and a pack of sweetener. I dip my carrots, tomatoes and celery in it.
I bought apples and tangerines to snack on. I will get some carrots when I go shopping again.
@Anne18 (11036)
Good evening gifts, hope you have found something good ot eat since you started your discussion. I always find apples are very good ot eat as they fill you up and are also very good for you, plus they don't hold many calories. Idon't eat chewing gum, but in the past when I have eaten chewing gum I find it gives my tummy ache, so I don't eat chewing gum anymore. Please tell us what you did find ot eat
You should have good snacks on hand, and this should not be some crash diet but, rather, a lifestyle. Eating healthfully should be for life--not just when you want to drop a few pounds. When I say "healthfully," I don't mean just eating a few leaves like a rabbit, either. Have an actual balanced meal; that can mean a salad, but it should include a range of foods within that salad to make sure that you are getting proper nutrition. You don't need to do a bunch of adding up things, either, when it comes to how nutritious stuff is; simply go for a wide variety of (natural) colors within your salad--green spinach, red cabbage, orange carrot, etc.--as a way of ensuring that you are getting the things that your body (including your brain) need to function properly. Meat is not a necessary component of one's diet. Protein, however, is necessary for one's health. While most Americans get an abundance of protein, you aren't going to be getting enough if you are eating like this. Keep stuff such as carrots and peanut butter on hand for healthy snacks. Tempeh strips, Primal Strips (a vegan jerky) and tofurkey slices are also good things to have on hand for snacking; they all have decent amounts of protein, and they will provide a proper amount of "chewiness" to satisfy that desire to chew on something.
There is always celery to chew on. Good for you and next to no calories. And gum too. I found some green tea gum at the dollar store. Wish I could find more of it. Pretty good flavor too.
@jeztrose (1405)
I sometimes experience that thing,I feel that i am full but somehow i like to have something on my mouth.I really don't know why would i feel that way, but i just eat a small amount, just to have something in my mouth, because it somehow feel uneasy that you want to eat but you are not really hungry at all.
@Blondie2222 (22381)
Chew on some veggies if you have any or some cheese and cook the rice later. I usually eat dinner between 5 and 6 unless it's a night where my boyfriend comes over then we eat late at like 7 or 8. I hate eating late because then i get a belly ache all night because the food hasn't had time to settle. I hope you figure something out your body wants to eat, I never had the issue where I just want to chew on something, weird.