I almost had my post removed from the site.

But,I think someone did not read the post and only read the title. I want my daughter home with me for the holiday's and that is what I said in my post. I went to ask mylot to remove my post because I made some people confused about what I was saying. but,now I think I was not wrong about it. And I feel a little upset about a response that was made to me that was out of order. if you read the post it clearly states I want my daughter with her family not in the shelter till after the new year. she has no other choice but to go to the shelter for her best interest. but,that can wait a month or two. am I wrong to feel like this..
Gifts, how you feel is how you feel. There's nothing wrong with it. *hugs* I read the response you're referring to, and I actually do see where the person who wrote it is coming from. I think it's not a matter of that person not reading that discussion so much as it's a matter of having read a lot more than that one discussion. You've made a lot of posts about your relationship with your daughter in the past, and to be quite frank your stance on her flip-flops a lot. The two of you clash a lot when you're living under the same roof, but at the same time you love her with all your heart and wish she was there with you when she's not. I think the poster is confused because they may not have experienced anything like this and simply can't relate to the situation you're in very well. I understand it because I have a somewhat similar relationship with my stepdad... he's family, but we can't be under the same roof for more than a day or two without starting to butt heads. It's not that you don't want your daughter to live with you... it's that right now the two of you can't coexist peacefully all the time when you are living together, and once you start clashing it's not long before the whole thing spirals out of control. I think your daughter will come around eventually. My mom and I used to clash all the time when I was a teenager, up until she got pissed at me and told me to get out of the house if I didn't want to play by the rules she set. I got, and at the time I thought it was the worst thing ever. The space was exactly what we needed, though. Our relationship now (eight years later) is a lot better than it was when we were living together. I think a lot of it just boiled down to me needing my independence and my mom being afraid that I wasn't as ready as I thought I was.
I think I hold on to her more than she would like out of fear. I am not sure if you can understand my reasons though. I worry about her so much and we live in a dangerous age where people are just not caring about other peoples safety any more. I love your response here it makes me think about what I need ot do with my daughter. thanks so much.
@Arieles (2474)
Of course you want your daughter home with you for the holidays, any parent would, well most parents would. I understand shelters fill up fast because there are so many people that have hit upon hard times. Sometimes if they don't have room for another roomer they might find a place close by. They are like hotels, fill up and they can't take any more people. It's sad. How you feel is how you feel. I think it's perfectly okay and normal for you to want to have your family with you during the holiday season. This year will be the first year all of my kids will be together in a long time for the holiday and I'm excited about it.
Here they are all full and it will be hard getting her in one. But,we will have to keep trying to get one to put her in. I am glad your going to be with your family as well.
You were not wrong, what confused me was the fact that I thought you were getting evicted, but since you clarified that you are not evicted it makes sense. I am worried about your health and well being. I know you have been through so much lately and I just want you to be healthy and happy. You need to put yourself first and do what is best for you. I hope you can find a shelter for her after the 1st of the year.
We just have to get those papers and we will get on the ball. I need to ask her if she wants to hurry in before I make plans for her life. take care.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
I feel for what you have gone through with her. but seems to me you are choosing your man over your daughter... are you sure that is what you want?? Id rather have my bf in a shelter than a daughter. Just my opinion... Take care there.
maria no she is not doing that. the going to the shelter has to do with things that happened with the l oser boy friend and the law mandates the shelter sso they can then help her to find an apartment she can afford and get her into 'it. If you had been here a lolng t ime back you would understand'more thoroughly what all that has happened. I know she loves her daughter beyond all costs. the shelter is just for legality so Gifts can help her daughter get into an a partment later close to hedr job.
I am glad you explained it to her for me. I would not choose my man over my daughter. that is why he and I are here with her even though he would rather not be here. I love both of them and no one has the right to make me even think about choosing. The only way my daughter can get help with her own place she has to go homeless.
@alberello (4755)
Well, to me, once I've written a post here on Mylot, and completely miss the content, ie to explain to those who read, one thing rather than another! At that point I signaled "report abuse" and I turned to the staff of Mylot, saying explicitly that this post had to be removed under my request. They did so, and my post was removed, just as I had requested. In your case, the important thing is that you have subsequently written a post where you're absolutely clear what you wanted to really make understand. Happy Mylotting!
Your right I was making it clear what I wanted and I am glad you understand me.
@dodoazo (21403)
I even was confused at first. I was wondering why your post be removed. I looked for the reason but instead I came across how you want your daughter to come home with you in this holiday. The title was confusing as to the content. Misleading title - misleading content equals confusion.
I am sorry you were confused about this. I am sure you understand me now right. I would like to welcome you to mylot and happy posting..
hi gifts I am sorry to hear that as I know thay you do want KayKay with you for the holidayw and I also know people here are notorious for not reading all of the discussion and just responding to the title. or to a few sentences. For one thing so m any new comers forget or just do not want to read the guidelines and the FAQ's which would clue them in to needing to always read all of the discussion.I also understand the need for her to go to the shelter so she can get help[ getting into an apartment again.Do not let the occasional misguided response hurt.As you know a lot of people here are loving kind compassionate people so we can ignore the few who are not. Merry Christmas early to you and your family. hugs from hatley.
I will not let them bother me after this one. I wanted to make it clear what I was talking about. If I confused people I am sorry for that. I am going to update you when we get her placed. take care and happy holiday's to your family.
I feel that you have a right to feel however you feel. You know our feelings are much like us and there are no two sets of feelings that are exactly alike. While I don't exactly understand why you want your daughter to go to a shelter, I completely understand why you want her to be at home with the family through the holidays. I know that you've gotten a lot of gifts for her and I know that Christmas is the one time during the year that I want to be surrounded by my family even if I don't see them any other time during the year.
@suspenseful (40316)
Of course not, your daughter and her family needs to spend Christmas with you, not in a shelter, at least not until after the New Year.
@Blondie2222 (22580)
You shouldn't worry about what other people say, it's your daughter, your life only YOU know what goes on in your house when she is around other people don't. It's okay to feel how you do, and your doing what is right for you and your family.