Marouane Fellaini banned for 3 matches for headbutting Shawcross!!

@ram_cv (16516)
In a post match review FA has handed out Everton's Fellaini a 3-match ban for intentionally headbutting Shawcross during the match against Stoke over the weekend. I actually applaud the FA action against such on-field incidents. The only thing that still rankles me about the FA rule is that if the referee sees the incident during the game, then FA takes no action. I find this rule ridiculous. If the referee has made a judgement mistake during the game, then FA can always set it right during post match. I hope FA amends this law. Cheers! Ram
@adhyz82 (36289)
i only concern that what Fellaini does to Stoke city captain is unprofessionally.. the right punishment must be given to him, avoiding many stupid action by world class player.. The football show too for being respect to your opponent.
@ram_cv (16516)
I also appreciate Everton and David Moyes for taking action on the incident even before FA. I think clubs have equal responsibility for keeping their players in line. Cheers! Ram
@adhyz82 (36289)
it`s okay.. it`s duty of club and manager they know the important role of Fellaini
@ram_cv (16516)
Yes, that is why I appreciate Moyes. He knows that Felliani is an important player and he cannot have him disgruntled. Yet, he felt that he had done wrong and took action against him. Good strong management. Cheers! Ram
@jkct02 (2860)
A wrong call from a referee can change the outcome - A wrong call from a referee can change the outcome of a game.
They think it is romantic to let the referee make all the decisions, whether it is right or wrong decisions, it does not matter. They think that a defender saving the ball on the line with his hand is okay if the referee does not see it. They think that a striker using the hand of God is okay if the referee does not see it. They think that a penalty awarded to a Oscar Academy award winner is okay if the referee likes the act. They think that not giving as a goal is okay even if the ball was three feet inside the net as long as that was what the referee saw (or did not see). Can we blame the players taking advantage of the weakness of a referee? It is there and it is easy to be abused. Maybe they think that it will make the game more interesting. I don't know. Some people just can not let the players determine the results themselves.
@ram_cv (16516)
I completely agree with your view point. Especially given the number of off the ball incidents and the diving instances, I think that offline review and punishment even if referee has seen it could be a good deterrent. Unfortunately, the powers that be in FIFA and UEFA are not thinking on the same lines!! Cheers! Ram
@jkct02 (2860)
The referee needs help to make 100% correct decisions. No one should accept a wrong decision even if it is just the only one in a million. The referee is to enforce the rules of the game so that the game can go smoothly and make sure that the result is from the work of the teams. If a result comes about because of a referee's wrong decision, the referee is killing the game, and making a mockery of the players' hard work. I thought Platini as a former player himself should want to change that but he seems very reluctantly. I wonder why.
@ram_cv (16516)
To some extent I would give FA some leniency in decisions that could affect the result of the match to be excluded from the post match review. For e.g. a goal if deemed a goal, but later on the striker emerges to be marginally offside is something which I would not overturn. But at least disciplinary issues such as diving, elbowing, pulling the T-shirts etc. can be reviewed. Cheers! Ram
@sjlskl (3385)
I agree with you. That particular borders on stupidity. Either the FA decided to take action or they don't. What is the point of the referee seeing the incident. No doubts, this will cause many suspensions, but if it can reduce those "attack from the rear", then so be it.
@ram_cv (16516)
The result might not be immediate, but things will start entering the sub-conscious of players that we are being watched and we cannot get away with such incidents. That would push through more discipline into players. Cheers! Ram