Sachin - from hero to villain

He is the reason why I started seeing cricket and he may be the reason for which I could stop seeing this wonderful cricket for a while till he retires, which I doesn't see in a while. Some kind of negativity has got into his big-dogged mind that he has to prove his critics wrong by scoring heavy runs. With Aussies coming, he may get runs, even hit a century but the psychological damage it causes to the opposition will never be the same. The 76 runs he scored was a perfect example of the above fact. Throughout the innings I was seeing the afraid in his eyes of getting out, he was concentrating mercilessly hard to get runs and inch closer to a magical figure of 100. The reason India lost two down-under was that oldies (Dravid, Sachin, Laxman, Sehwag) had not performed. Two of them have rectify their mistakes and have retired. I urged Sachin to retire and give way to some youngster who are performing exceedingly well. He may be great for Indian Dressing Room but for India he is just an under performer for nearly two years. Talking of Dhoni, he lacks Test skills and just because he is captain, he is in the team. He scored nothing in England and Australia. In India he has scored only when ball is not doing much like in Nagpur. Till these both are in the team, India is not likely to perform well in India. Sehwag should also be axed as sporadic brilliance is not going to have an impact in long series. We need consistent player like Cook, Trott. If they start getting runs, they carry that form for the rest of the series.
You just can not blame a player like Sachin Tendulkar just because of few failures particularly in this current year. He is a great player and there is absolutely no doubt about that.This might be his must worst period in his life when the people who once called him god of cricket now criticizing him using the word like villain.Remember he is the one who served Indian cricket for more than 22 years. Now he is almost 35 years and it is obvious that human reflex will slow down at this age.One more thing we should take into account that he was not the only one who failed to score runs, the other players also equally responsible.There are a lot of talks going around regarding his retirement which is also not fair.Let him decide when to retire.
These are all craps that he is playing for 22 years and has massive records. But his form after world cup is pathetic. After 37-38, if form loses, a player should retire. He is playing worse than tail enders. Respect is there for Sachin, but Sachin should respect cricket and give way to a youngster. No body is going to stop cricket if Sachin retire. I know I'm very harsh against Sachin for a while but what I can do - he is not retiring.
@ram_cv (16516)
I agree that there is a decline in Sachin's footwork and his hand eye coordination. But I still would feel that Sachin needs to continue for some more time. The reason is simple, the current middle order is already falling short of filling up for the hole of Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman. One more hole in the middle order and we will a completely brittle line-up. Cheers! Ram
Sachin will remain hero for me forever but you cant beat age. His reflexes have become weak due to age factor. All i can say that the legend should not be forced to retirement by selectors.
@rahul2u (201)
anilhclites it not the way we treat the great legendary cricketer. of course now he is not in a form at the same time we never forget his achievements. as his age goes on increasing subsequently his play will be deployed. may be he only will take the right decision at this time.. i mean for his retirement. at the same time the young players will prove themselves and follow the footage of senior players.then only our indian team will capture it's position in test cricket. thank you.