Another woman I feel sorry for.

She and her man are sneaking around after living together for three years all because her 16 and 18 year old daughters don't like her man. I know all too well how this woman feels. I feel she should not have to sneak around after living with this man for three years. she said,she is hurting so bad and just wants her family. Have you ever had to deal with something like this before? it is one of the hardest things to deal with..
@ShyBear88 (16852)
No I haven't been in that kind of situation. Why doesn't her children want her to be with this guy? I do agree at her age she has no need to sneak around and her children shouldn't be in her love life either.
I never thought to ask her this. I just responded to try to make her feel better. I know she is so upset about this.
@ShyBear88 (16852)
Well maybe the next to you talk to her if it doesn't make her upset it could be something to ask her? She does have every reason as an adult to be upset with her children not wanting her to date this guy she has been with.
@Lovegreen (376)
For a while yes because my family does not approve of my boyfriend then (my husband now). He's almost ten years younger than me so my family was against the relationship. It was difficult but we were firm and serious that they finally accepted us.
My aunt also has done this and we all told her it was a bad idea. Eventually the kids always find out and then they feel like your whole life is based upon a lie. My aunt now does not sneak around anymore, she learned her lesson with that. She tells her girls now if they don't like it they don't have to be around her or her man...
@asliah (11149)
hi, that was really bad if that girl endure the life she had as of now,they were young when they lived together,that kind of life is really hard though not yet happen in my life yet,i don't like this kind of life that will come to the point that i want to turn back the time.
As a now adult child of a single mother, I have to say that I would have never done something like this to my mother. When I was a teenager, my mother was dating a man that none of the three of us children cared for. However, we knew that we shouldn't have done anything to have hurt the happiness that she had. Now that the relationship that I'm talking about is one that has been over for about nine years, I realize that my siblings and myself should have made our mother understand that the relationship was no good. However, it wouldn't have been fair to have done something like this to our mother.
@Arieles (2474)
I have never been in this kind of situation but I am for sure not going to sneak around like it was forbidden or because my children didn't like my man. I just won't allow anyone to come between me and my relationships. My love life is not the concern of my children (fine line here if I was dating a bigamist and knew nothing about it and they were trying to warn me) but just because they don't like who I am dating because of personality conflicts, well then they need to mind their own business. I agree with you Gifts, she really should not have to sneak around because of her children. They wouldn't want her interfering with their love life.
I've never had to sneak around. I can't imagine the stress of that would be. I'd have to wonder why the daughters don't want her with him. They might have a valid reason for not liking him...like is he married, ir has he been abusive, or does he waste money, or does he drink to excess, or something else? If he is Mr Wonderful, I can't imagine my family having a problem with a man. But uf he does not cherish me and consistently treat me well, I would have to rethink why I think he is do important to me.
@dodoazo (4798)
It is really bad for the man to feel that he is not welcome by his wife's family. They just sneaking around as if they were like a thief. I sympathize with them. What else they could do is to go with their family which they have already started. And prove them wrong of their disapproval by imparting some of the earnings later to let them feel that they are caring for them.
@devonavis (1857)
• Greece
This is like choosing between her family and love. I think she did the right thing, considering her family first. Time will come, she's gonna meet her man that her children will love too.
@Dominique25 (9476)
I feel bad for her as well. It is too bad that she isn't able to find the courage to stick up for herself and what she wants. Of course it is important that we want our children to like the person we are with but in the end it is our life and we have to live it. They start to feel that way about the decisions they will have to make in their life. I think that as long as the person isn't a criminal or doing anything wrong her daughters should respect her decision.
@Aja103654 (5663)
I think I understand a little. My parents don't like my boyfriend. They don't even talk to him, they just ignore him most of the time but they are not mean to him. But I can see the disapproval in their eyes. If I were your friend I wouldn't sneak around. I'd do it openly. besides, they can't decide my partner for me, that is my decision alone. Besides, if they get to be open about it then maybe the children will see if the man your friend is with isn't so bad after all.