She has no sensor

@911Ricki (13602)
We went to my aunt's wake, and my brother brought my Grandma from his way home from work. We got there and of course being in a small town everyone knows us, the funeral director grew up with my parents, the door attendent grew up with my uncle, then whoever came in knew us. We go up and send our condolenses, and wait for the rest of our family to get through the line. We are standing there and my Grandma goes Wow she's really put on the beef. My Grandma always have these type of comments. But sometimes she just doesn't think before flinging them out. I heaard her and kept walking, hoping noone else heard her. My Mom said when we got home did you hear what she said. We all stood there going I wonder who else heard her.
How embarrassing! I had an aunt like that. I would sometimes just have to laugh at her. I loved her and would never say anything to hurt her feelings.
@911Ricki (13602)
We usually laugh it off, or pretend like we don't hear here. But sometimes like this at a wake is a little out of line.
I don't know how old your grandmother is, but I'm guessing that she is at an advanced enough age that most people would just ignore such a comment if they heard it. Sometimes, as people age, they lose the filter that they would otherwise keep them from blurting out things that would be considered inappropriate. Having had a grandmother with Parkinson's and, now, a future mother-in-law with dementia, I am quite used to people not being able to employ that filter.
@JenInTN (27564)
I work with this lady that is like that. She thinks it and it just comes out. I have actually been counseling her a little on that because she is a team leader for me on an off shift. I wonder though if it is just part of who some people are. She is doing better but she has still put me on the spot a few times with it.
@911Ricki (13602)
I wonder that as well, I know a few people who are like this as well. My Grandma has only been doing it for the last few years, so I think it's something with age as well.
I have family members as well who do not have internal censors. Everything that runs through the brain goes out the mouth. It is embarrassing at times to be seen in public with them.
@911Ricki (13602)
I guess we all have at least one in our family. I know in the past few years my Grandma has gotten worse, and it is embarrassing but especially in these type of situation.
I honestly believe that as people get older, they don't see any reason at all to sensor what they have to say. I remember that both my grandmother and my great-grandmother never censored anything that they said in the later years of their lives. The greatest memory that I have is of the time that my grandmother met my best friend. She got on this whole speil about how she had to use a shop vac to clean herself out because she never saw any kind of action any more. Now my grandmother was actually 79 years old at the time.