Would you marry a materialistic person?

In real life, we encounter so many people and are acquainted with. If you are going to settle down with your partner, but it seems he or she is so materialistic. Are you still going to marry a very compulsive person on being materialistic?
@vandana7 (66816)
I would wonder when he would kill me for monies and look for another bride who is younger and more beautiful. lol Kidding, but the answer is definitely no. :)
hi vandy I had the kind of materialistic people in my dad and we never got along as he f elt that any wrong could just be mended by giving the other person plenty of money.He was a sour bitter old man even when I was a little girl and my mom was just the opposite. they fought every day when I was growing up yet refused to divorce as they felt that was a no no.He gave my mom stuff and money but I do not think he gave her what she really wanted: himself.so when I grew up'I waited to marry as I did not want a man like my father and when I did meet the right one he was so un materialistic it was refreshing. we did not ever have a lot of m ey more money but we had love, trust and respect f or each other and we were best friends too. I have been widowed for a long time but I still love him and miss him.
@vandana7 (66816)
I really know what you mean. Young girls grow up idolizing their fathers, provided the fathers are normal in all respects. They seek somebody who looks like their father did, talks like their father, behaves like their father and dotes on them like their father. The problem arises when we dont idolize our fathers. We just have no clue as to what to look for, except what we know we dont want. :) Money does not matter, nor does age or looks. Trust and respect, and ability to forgive and understand, and a logical thinking goes a long way to build a relationship. Often love just grows easily with such good manure.
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi, We all are materialistic to some extent. No one in this world is 100% pure. When I finalize the the girl she has to fulfill too many things and i am not only seeing materialistic thing. I want a good girl who would understand me and ofcourse I can not expect her to not want the things in the shop or in market . Life has to be balanced and if my partner understand what I can afford and what I can not afford then ofcourse i would marry her even if she is so called materialistic one
agrin this is a modern age and most women now work too so a marriage now should have two persons who work both to provide the necessities of life. the old idea that all women just stay at home is really pretty obsolete at least in the US where I come from. WE work and help our husbands to provide our needs and we still raise famiies too. We both w ant good mates now ands thats as it should e.
@agrim94 (3811)
Well everywhere it is more or less same but it also differs from person to person. There are lots of girls who are home makers be it India or USA. I fail to understand Hatley how can u say your heart dont lodge for anything in shop. You might be working girl but I might want a house wife. It is really up to individual family to decide what is best for them.
@adhyz82 (36263)
sometimes love is so mysterious.. and love feeling can beat your shocked that your couple is materialistic person
For some instances, the word love can blind the reality for marrying a person so materialistic.
@prashu228 (25614)
Hmm this can happen people may become blind in love. They cannot see the other side of the person for sometime.
There are people who are materialistic, and I don't think that people should be, but I know that there are many people who are, and many who are not. People should be giving, especially in these tough times. This year, I have been giving a lot because I know that there are people out there who do not have what I have, and by giving, I might be giving to someone who really needed that extra something right now because they don't have anything. Also, sometimes, you have to teach them or show them what it means to be giving. You have to be the example. Thing about me though is that I would never marry someone without truly knowing their personality, and if they cannot be giving and help out those who need it, then I would have to tell them that our relationship will be difficult if they don't learn how to be open-minded about what they have and what others don't have.
I do agree that some people have different points of view in terms of being materialistic. I do think that sharing the blessings are fine, it brings joy to other people. In contrary, some people became so greedy and stingy.
I would prefere to stay single rather than a materialistic life partner.It is better not to have somebody who values replaceable objects or money higher than they actually deserve and often put that value over actual people/relationship.Money does't always bring happiness infact ,some real emotion or feeling are far more important than material.Person who prioritize money are less likely to be satisfied in marriage life also.Materialistic people love their money and luxuries too much and often ignore their partners feeling easily because they always think about their money first instead of considering about their lovers.
In reality, it does happen that some people who have a lot of money can never be satisfied.
@Metatronik (5911)
• Pasay, Philippines
Honestly I don't really know how to answer that since I am not that into position though I could still imagine how hard it is if I am going to marry a materialistic person to the extent that he is going to spend much instead of we are saving a lot of amount of money in order for us to survive. Honestly I am a bit materialistic but then I can still lower it down because at some point of course I really want saving budget.
If we know how to handle and manage our money, it is not because you are buying expensive one; you are considered materialistic, though you bought for such reason.
@prashu228 (25614)
I am simple person and like simple life so i like the person to be simple i don't like materialistic people . I don't say its wrong . But every one has their comfortable level.
For me, to be simple is not having a complicated life.
@jenny1015 (13389)
I were single, I would never choose a person who is with that character. I want a person who can live in a very simple life and has simple needs and wants.
I like that person, wo will feel contented of what he or she has.
No, I am not marrige any materialistic person.This Persons Have no romances no softness and also no loves.So settled with a person who dont have any feelings to me I dont marry this materialistic person.
No. I don't even like surrounding myself with people who only care about material things. I darn sure could never marry someone like that! My husband cares much more about the things I care about, our love and our family. Material things come and go...
it depends i think on what level his/her materialism is. for instance, i am materialistic in a sense that i give all materials in this world worth. i think having these things have some value in them. but if he/she is materialistic in a sense that the material has more value over the person, i think you should probably look for a better person.
@devonavis (1857)
• Greece
I would try my best not marry this kind of person. I'm not rich and have nothing to spend for her being materialistic. Aside from this, I don't like people who are very interested in so many unnecessary things. So...
@bestboy19 (5482)
That would depend on whether or not we love each other.
@sriroshan (2586)
No never I will not, who wants to or likes to spend the life with such person? I am sure no body in this world will like to marry such person. Married life should be such that there should be understanding from both the partner and not the person who always thinks about them self and never consider their partner for anything that matters to relationship
@Arieles (2474)
I would want to know the persons character, just because someone is materialistic doesn't mean they don't have other good qualities, and materialism is something that changes over time. It's like comparing them to the scrooge, whom I wouldn't want to marry either. I would also want to know how they are in the other areas of their lives. I wouldn't make a judgment on just that one fact.
@pomwango (1355)
• Kenya
it may depend on how bad their materialistic habits are,some people are that way but are content with what they can afford within their own means the worst are those who are ready to do any thing even bad to get something or the type who will push you and sulk those i will avoid at all costs.
@dodoazo (21023)
Most of us here dislike that kind of person who prefers to have a material comfort. Nevertheless, there are still people who marry that kind of person. Well they have no choice but to compromise themselves. In the light side of this issue, what is really the purpose of getting married? To live together in harmony for better or for worse... Well if a person marries one who is materialistic and then their relationship doesn't affect by materialism well so good and so commendable.
If I were a single? It is still depends with the circumstances... Sometimes a person who is so inlove never sees through his/her senses. Materialistic people may lead love to hate, for some people who are not contented can be tempted by the things that they wanted but can't give by the people whom they love and in return they tend to cheat their love one... But sometimes being materialistic can be good for it is becoming the part of you to make you more driven. If I were a single I will answer only that I will marry a man whom I love and never put a worry to anything as long as I see to it that all is turning to be good for both of us...
@Mavic123456 (12289)
• Thailand
No, because that will make us two compulsive couple.. we might end up sleeping under the bridge.... ouch... Thanks for the Best Responses by Shavkat, I was not able to thank you, because I did not know that you have chosen my responses...
@Porcospino (18396)
• Denmark
I am married to materialistic person I am very anti-materialistic myself and things have never been important to me. Sometimes I get annoyed when my husband constantly talks about the things that he wants to buy. I have to listen to things like that every single day, he talks about it, and he spends a lot of time on the internet looking at the things that he wants to buy. Honestly I find it very boring to listen to those things because I don't feel the same attraction towards material things, but I love my husband and I accept him the way that he is.