Test results take so long to get to dr!

@ctryhnny (3463)
Today I had to go to the hospital for a corodid artery ultrasound. When he was on my right side I coudn't see the monitor but could hear the sound of my blood flow. When he was on my left side I could see the monitor but had no idea what I was looking at and what it all meant. Of course he wouldn't tell me anything that was going on and when I left he said my dr. will get the results in 5 days. I'm thinking that takes me to new years so I'm thinking it's got to be at least 2 weeks before I hear from her. In the meantime I'll just worry some more. If everything is on that monitor and he saves it why should it take so long to get to my dr? What happened to all this technology that is supposed to help us?
Technicians and nurses are not to give out test results. While they may be able to understand and interpret the results of a test, it is left to the doctor to disclose the results to the patient and to discuss what those results mean. You will have to be patient in getting back your results now. It is Christmastime/New Year's, so things are likely to be slow at this point.
@devonavis (1857)
• Greece
Yes exactly. Most hospital rules do not allow unauthourized personnels to just give the results. Be patient and enjoy the days!
@ctryhnny (3463)
Not being able to give some kind of result to me is barbaric. If there wasn't a problem we wouldn't have to have all these tests. Techs should be able to give some sort of idea as to what's happening. It's tough being patient and enjoying anything since I sit here waiting for what will probably be bad results.
@wolfie34 (26820)
I can't understand exactly why he wouldn't tell you anything that was going on? Surely you have a right to ask and know, it is your body after all. Whenever I go in for ops or anything new I am always asking what is going on, and what the machine is doing etc, they've nearly always been forthcoming with the information. Surely it's no big secret? You are not a child, you are an adult. Unless they do things differently and have different modes of conduct about imparting information to patients in different countries?
@ctryhnny (3463)
Yeah, for some reason they don't want us to know until our dr. knows first. This isn't the first time I couldn't get any information...so of course I'm going to think it's bad...which I'm sure it is...lol
@wolfie34 (26820)
That makes me cross because they leave you worrying, instead of being upfront and honest with you, you have to wait, and if you are like me I worry ten times worse and fear the worse too, and on top of Christmas too.
@devonavis (1857)
• Greece
Hi mom! Haha I hope you are doing fine, I think you meant 'carotid', not corodid. Please stop thinking negative things about it because doctors know best so you don't have to worry. Enjoy the holidays instead!
@ctryhnny (3463)
lol...yes I noticed too late that I spelled it wrong! I'm a very negative person and it's tough for me not to think that way.
@dodoazo (17370)
I don't like your last statement - "What happened to all this technology that is supposed to help us?" Be submissive. You will have it soon. I know what you're worrying about. Don't be hurry.