How My Brother-in-Law & I Ended Up Where We Are ...

@mythociate (15761)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
... Me: I am 'conquering' a brain-injury I suffered in 1995. One of its results is that I cannot "behave" if I am not busy (well, I might; but I don't have any reason to ... I mean, I have the same reason as most people--fear of what'll happen to me if I get caught--but my mind isn't so-cautious), so I cannot be trusted to be employed as 'a part of the team.' Before I knew that this would be the problem, I graduated high-school and started attending a 'private university' (read: expensive tuition ... oh, I had a scholarship to begin with; but I couldn't keep my grades high enough to keep it---but my dad had just graduated from that University, so I had a "legacy" to keep up.) As I did not like traveling all the way from my parents' house to the University (from the NW corner of town to the NW part of the center of town ... and it's not a highly populated town, but it's got a fairly-large land-area), I moved into the least expensive apartment I could find within walking distance from the school. Shortly thereafter, my parents' lawyer got me a meager settlement for the incident that caused the brain-injury (which I accepted with the 'promise' that I would be getting a HUGE amount from the place that was hosting "the event that injured me"). Then my parents divorced. While my dad started to fall-apart as a Jurisdoctor (something like a lawyer or legal-assistant or something) and got kicked out of the Oklahoma Bar while I dropped out of the place which had FAILED to properly train him, my sister dated-&-married her manager (the University MBA) at Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza. Maybe they have lived a couple other places between then & now, but it seems like 4-or-5 years they've been living at my mom's (with my mom). So that's how we ended up here---he at my mom's, me far-far away. Does that change your response to the other discussion about our predicaments?
@jaiho2009 (39001)
Don't you like the idea that your sister and her husband live with your mom? At least there's someone to look at your mom while you are away. Well, maybe we have different thinking on this matter. For me..I won't mind any of my siblings to live with our parents. Or, does your brother-in-law a jobless man and your sister is the one who works for the living?
@mythociate (15761)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
No, he's got a good job (like most MBAs ... do you know any MBAs who DON'T have a job for long?); and--as far as I know--my sister's 'the good housewife,' taking care of the kids and doing all that stuff. I guess it's just different than the standard that people's lives should follow. We're not "normal" people (at least, I'm not ... and I am such an influence that my sister & mother had to suffer some 'spiritual' injury, (such a fatal injury, that they need my brother-in-law to take care of them. Such a powerful man is he, that he needs to take care of them & my two neices. (But--though I'm sure 'the spirit is willing' & his mind/spirit want to take care of the nation (Hey! maybe he could be my running-mate in the 2016-, `20-, `24- and/or `28-Presidential Campaign! VOTE Hubbard/Wren `16!)--he told me 'the flesh is weak' when I learned he's having 'no more children' (I asked him if they were having any more, and he said, "No, we are DONE having kids ... D-U-N done!").) Thanks for that idea!
@mythociate (15761)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
... nIEces ...