would you buy another cell phone?

Right now my phone bill is $25 a month with metro pcs. and this phone has little to no service in my house. all my calls drop and people and me are so tired of it. but,I love that my phone bill is only $25. so,I just called boost mobile to find out what their lowest bill was and it is $50 if I don't get a android phone. so,I was told the other day by adrain that he is getting me a new phone. I told him as long as my plan stays the same I will take the phone. see,my phone works every where else with no problem. so,I would like an upgrade but not to my phone bill. I only have text and talk right now. I have internet at home so I don't need it on the phone. the days are winding down so would you upgrade to a bigger bill just to talk in your house?
@Arieles (2474)
I'm not using my phone right now, because I'm out of minutes. I will never get another pay plan again, I love the flexibility of my pay as you go phone. I have straight talk and I really like it. I get unlimited text, talk and internet for only thirty dollars a month. It'll be awhile before I buy more minutes for my phone.
I'm confused. You get unlimited but have to buy minutes? Or are you talking about two different phones?
@Arieles (2474)
Yes, the cards are unlimited minutes for one month. For one month, when I buy the cards for 30.00 I get unlimited minutes for thirty days, unlimited internet and unlimited text. I really like the option straight talk has to offer.
Your plan is way better than mine is. I don't get internet for my phone though. .
@911Ricki (13602)
You pay for what you get, and $25.00 you get poor services. I wish my bill was $25 even $50. For basic service I pay $85 a month, and at most $150.00. Did I not say I don`t phone people often. I use my phone as my landline, to save money. Yes, I would pay more to get the service. Like I said a few months ago I was paying for a phone, that got no service and what if something happened to me I could be on some back road stranded and my phone not work, I want that security and if that means forking out more money then so be it.
I am really not in a place to be stuck any where at all. I am mostly at home and my phone works every where but my house. If I stand in certain spots I can talk for a few minutes. lol. adrain said you get what you pay for too.
@911Ricki (13602)
In that case, a girl I use to work with use to have to set her phone in a certain spot to get service. If she took it out of that spot she wouldn`t have service for hours. Do you know if the other companies get services there?. My friend changed a few companies and they were all the same.
• Mexico
walmart sells alot of cell phones.. I bought my son one. he uses it in las vegas even to call me here in mexico. Check those out as well.
@Tina30219 (36556)
• Onaway, Michigan
Yes I would get another phone I was with Boost and I loved them but I had to get another phone because Boost does not have service here where my mom lives. I am on her cell service now.
I called boost today but they want $50 and I am not paying that for a phone. not me..
@Tina30219 (36556)
• Onaway, Michigan
$50.00 is not really much and after so long your payments will be back to what you are paying now. I was going to upgrade my phone through them before I moved but now I don't have to because the service is not available here. I wish you the best in whatever you decide on this.
My iPhone is about $80 a month, and I have Internet on it. I have it hooked up to my wifi at home so I don't use the data package from AT&T. When I am away from home I use the data package to access the Internet. I use my phone more than my laptop. I figure I am worth it. I don't do anything for myself much, so I'm worth that.
My daughter has an iphone as well and she pays $50 a month
@Tina30219 (36556)
• Onaway, Michigan
My mom just got an iphone 4 through verizon and I got her old phone.Not sure how much she is paying because we have an internet stick through them as well.
@Nelisa22 (40)
Well I think this would depend on your needs. If you spend a lot of time at home then I would suggest you upgrade, However, if you don't, you should look into other options. I personally spend a lot of time at home and having my phone calls drop , especially the important ones, would definitely make me want to upgrade my service. The problem most likely to occur would be the fact that most cell phone service companies are higher than 25 $ if you want a contract phone. If having a contract phone is not that important, than you could try a company such as T- mobile that has the 1$ a day service .
I never knew about that with them either. I can see about getting that kind of phone as well. it is only a few bucks more for me. but,that is if there is no tax and fees.
@Tina30219 (36556)
• Onaway, Michigan
Straight Talk also has home phone service for $15.00 a month I saw it in stores the other day. I don't know if you would use your cell more than a home phone or not but maybe that would be worth looking into as well.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
Hi! No I wouldn't upgrade for that reason. I would check other companies to see what they can offer me to start a contract with them. Where I live, they give good offers and free phones if you move to a new company, they treat new customers better than their old ones. I am with the same company for 8 years and this year they have me only $40 for a new device if I renewed with them for 18 months. They used to give a lot more! If you want to stay with them you can search online for a new android phone and pay for it in monthly payments instead of changing your contract.I think you will be able to find one for around $100 which will not increase your expenses so much, in 12 instalments it will be less than $10 per month.
yes,I am thinking about keeping my plan and getting a new phone. I sure hope it is not the service dropping my calls.
@lacieice (2065)
I have a basic pre-paid cell phone that costs me about $20 a month. I have no problem with dropped calls, and it works everywhere I go. There is no plan. I just buy minutes when I need them. I don't have a land line, so that works well for me. Simple.
I have a minute phone too and I loaned it to someone for one month which turned into three months. I guess I will never get that phone back.
@MizzLadyB08 (1175)
Before I get a new phone, I always check the coverage area on the website. You put in your address to see how ggod the service is there. I also check other places that I go to to make sure that my service is going to be okay in that area. I understand that you do not want to pay more for phone service but you get what you pay for. If you do not have a landline phone so that you can be able to talk, I say that it is worth it to have your bill rise so that you can talk.
@chiyosan (30205)
I will try to have the phone checked, if i am sure that other phones when used with the same service provider works well at your home. i was told before that some phones aren't as good as others when it comes to reception of signals, other's antenna(internal) are just much better.
@liezel25 (292)
Hmm, me? Nope, I just bought this mobile 2 years ago. The plan rate wasn't change so I'm satisfied. I got no plan to buy another cellphone again.. :)
@laydee (12813)
I wouldn't buy another phone right now, I'm happy with the current phone I have. However, my mobile plan gives us loyalty phones after several months or so, I usually just hand it over my siblings or sell them. I don't believe in changing phones. If it still works, then it's still good. Have a great MylOt experience ahead and Happy holidays!
@toyota4k (1212)
common in our region is to buy a kit of your choice designed to hold a chip (sim card) with an assigned phone number, a pre-paid feature. You can't make a call or send a text message if you don't load. you can change it with any chip the way you may opt to. Others who subscribe to a postpaid plan or billing, however would complain of over billing.
@toyota4k (1212)
I would buy a new phone if I can afford it and retain my simcard, meaning, I can be reached by the same phone number.
Do you have a ladline? If so, then I would not be too worried about the pho e not working in the house. I would not be without my landline, for that exact reason.
@alberello (4755)
Well, I am more or less in the same condition you or I own internet at home, but now I do not have a mobile phone that supports the web function. But I must point out that for a year I owned a simple phone with Android, and I have a monthly subscription of 10 € which gave me the opportunity to surf through the mobile. That cell phone I have sold. However, I think I buy a new one with the arrival of January.
No, I wouldn't spend more just to talk in the apartment. We have a land line, cell phone and computers. If the cell phone didn't work in here, that wouldn't matter. We still have other ways of communicating with the outside world. Besides, we will not be staying here for much longer.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
I would get another one, maybe you can find a company that will take the old one for credit. We have many here in mx who do that. Good luck finding a better one there, Have a great weekend.
I think I new phone will be good for you.. Go for it man!!! This will help you lot . I can say this due to personal experience
• United Arab Emirates
I think that with new technology.. Iphone will benefit you and maybe blackberry.
Yes I want to buy a new phone.I really borred with my phone I want to change it with a new updatted cool stylist phone.I have short some money to bought my dream phone.
@ShepherdSpy (8562)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
If this package and phone are only of use to you away from home,and almost useless when at home,are there any cheaper options you might have for an "away from home" phone? those top up card phones are usually good value..