I asked adrain to buy me a george forman grill.

this one the lady gave me is making my food stick to the grill. I think they removed too much of the material from the grill while cleaning it. I made a few pork chops and two hamburgers and the seasoning stuck to the top part of the grill. I would like a new one to learn how to cook on. I was not sure how long to leave the burgers on and they were kind of dry. I ate it any way and next time I will take them off faster. I love the grill though. it keeps me from frying my food. do you have one of these grills? what do you love to cook on yours?
@Arieles (2474)
My Mom has one of these grills as I have mentioned before and I just really don't like it. The food always seems to come out dry. Nasty! I like to bake my food, but thank goodness I don't have to worry about dry food, because we don't eat meat.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
I have his new one, bought at walmart. I can tell you they arent anything special. Everything sticks to it. Even the first time I put a thin cut steak on it.
@coffeebreak (17820)
I think the same way! First, I don't like burgers or any meat etc on an electric grill..only out on the bar BQ grilling! Just something about that BBQ that makes it so much better! My daughter has one and she loves it...but says it takes longer to clean it than it does to cook with it and tries to do without cause she just doesn't like cleaning it! She makes turkey burgers on it...I watched her the other day...she made the patties and I left the room for maybe 10 minutes and came back and she was plating the burgers! I said "are they done already?" that is when she said it takes longer to clean the unit than it does to grill the burgers! I don't know...might be healthier than pan frying, but not as tasty and definately not as tasty as that BBQ!
@sedel1027 (17855)
We have one with the removable plates that are dishwasher safe. We haven't used ours in a long time. Both plate should be 100% covered in Teflon (sp?). If they aren't, throw it away. With the Forman grill you have to make sure the grill it super hot and you do not over cook the food. Burgers should only take about 3 minutes to be done 100%. If you can get the digital manual it will have all of the cooking times. Following that will keep your food from sticking.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I wish I had known you wanted before I tossed the smaller away. But you never indicated that you were interested in wanting one and I would have given it to you..But I am funny about stuff like that I would have accepted something like that from only someone I know.. But get yourself some cooking spray and spray your meat or the grill before putting your meat on it...my grill is new and I still someimes dab a little oil on my meat just to hold the seasonings...
@Anne18 (11036)
I don't have a grill like that, but I have heard that they are very good and healthy for you ot cook on as they take all the fat off. Hope you have great fun cooking on your grill
@anklesmash (1417)
The George Foreman grills are really good we have one which we use all the time to cook all sorts on it.We use it mainly to cook burger,chops,bacon and sausage.Im thinking of buying myself one in the January sales to take back to university with me.I find much easier to cook with one than I do to fry.Its a much more healthy way to cook compared to frying it's amazing how much fat collects in the little tray.We have never had the trouble of food cooked with the George Foreman grill being too dry.Though I suppose they do cook food quite fast as they heat the food from the top and the bottom.Im sure with a bit of practice using it you will starting cooking meat to perfection with it.
I have never had one but one of my daughter has one and uses it all the time. I think that I will just stick to having things cooked on the grill from her place because I don't eat that much in the evenings when I get in from work. I prefer a small sandwich or a 1/2 cup soup or salad. I eat a large meal at work at noon, so I don't want to consume a bunch of calories before I go to bed. My daughter also grills vegetables and lemon slices on hers. So you can grill about anything you want on the indoor grill. And you don't have to watch the weather forecast either!!
@Pegasus72 (1901)
We have one of those grills, and one from wolf gang puck that turns over to be a griddle too, one of my favorite pieces of kitchen equipment.
@cotruelove (1038)
• Denver, Colorado
Hello friend, I haven't been on much lately, but thought you might like to hear what we do with our grill. Before we cook on it we always season the grill, even teflon coated, with either spray on oil like Pam or Crisco, then heat the grills so it embeds the oil into the little grooves or cuts, or whatever, on the surface of the grill plates. It makes the food not stick. Whoever made teflon didn't tell the truth about it, it does allow food to stick if not seasoned with oil. In fact, we use spray on non-stick oil in all our pans and wipe the excess off with a paper towel even if they are not teflon coated. It just makes cleaning the pans so much easier and renews the surface of the old ones many times so you won't be replacing them all the time, even stainless steel. I hate when food sticks when cooking. Don't have much problem with it anymore. The other thing, is avoid over cooking food, it drys it out. I've had manufacturers tell me to cook food a certain period of time, and found for me, that the time is either to short or too long. It still takes a certain amount of trial and error when you cook to get it right especially when cooking meat. Just about anything we want to have taste like it has been cooked on a grill outside we add Liquid Smoke, meat flavor enhancer (from a bottle in the grocery store) either mixed in hamburger or put on the top of a steak or chop. It works great for us. It gives food that smoky taste from the grill. Just sprinkle some drops on the top of the steak with salt and pepper and cook, it will be good to go. Liquid Smoke comes in all kinds of wood flavors ..... like hickory and mesquite. It is one of those things we keep in the cooking stock on the shelf. It lasts for a long time around here. I'm guessing that the cook times you are using to cook the food are too long or the temperature is too high. You might try changing them and see if it doesn't turn out better. Merry Christmas to you, and thanks for the discussion!
not one of those, but Hubby found a really nice one. Someone was moving out of our apartment building, and they were just going to toss it. I don't know what the heck it is, but it's a darn good one. We've had it four about two years, and it's great. We used it tonight to make some chicken burgers.