The Urge to Help

I've been really living the life of a person for others although not at all times. But in every given situation, I always think of others sake over my personal interest. It will sometimes lead me to circumstances which is unfavorable to me. However, I still continue to be acting like this. I am pretty aware that its odd or may even be weird, but I can still feel this great happiness in helping. What do you think?
@nani4ajay (108)
That is a great thing to help, many people even do not find time to think of others and their problems, but whenever I am free I would like to help some needy, because giving a helping hand will always be appreciated and that was the moral of the life, the true meaning of life is living for the society. I really appreciate your way of helping others.
Thanks for the appreciation there. I just feel great whenever I help. Small things maybe small for some but for those in need, its the only thing that they have, and being there to help would mean great things.
@dodoazo (14356)
Helping others especially those in need and the poor is worth emulating kind of attitude. You will be blessed for this kind attitude for sure.
Thanks for the appreciation. I am already blessed having this kind of trait for not everyone have the will to help others for a human person by nature is really selfish.
@ZoeJoy (1395)
Helping others does indeed make a person feel better. Sometimes I don't feel like helping others - I am tired or whatever and yet, when I make the effort, I really do feel more energized and feel better. It is an inspiring feeling. There is indeed a feeling of great happiness.