Do you ever have strange dreams?

@burrito88 (2779)
I had a strange dream last night which wasn't the first time I had it. In the dream I was leaving work and I couldn't remember where I parked my car. Besides that I was carrying something heavy that i didn't want to put down somewhere while I hunted for my car. What made this strange was that I was leaving a place I worked at 16 years ago, yet I was looking for my current car? It strikes as strange that I was looking for my car especially where I haven't worked in so long a time. Except I remember when I was young, I used to have similar nightmares about missing the school bus to go home after school. The difference in those cases is that if push came to shove, I could probably have walked home from school. Have you ever had strange dreams like that that repeat themselves?
@chiyosan (30204)
Oh, yes, i had quite a lot of weird dreams.. latest was just yesterday when i fell asleep as i was watching tv. The dream was weird and i was in a strange place and in that place i had to go up and down a wide stairs, but i know there was an elevator but did not use it because in my dream, i was afraid that i might see a ghost in the elevator! The weird part was in my dream too i was like in my current work, but i know i was at a hospital and i even saw a group of elderly people going down and they had cameras and even posed on a floor and asked me take their pictures. Another weird part of the dream was seeing myself wake up and then as i woke up... i wore the same clothes, etc.. and i would wake up for real and realize it was only a dream that i was walking here in the house, its like astral projection!
@burrito88 (2779)
You seem to have a vivid memory of your dreams. I'm not sure if that can be a good thing or a bad thing. Some dreams I wish I could remember because they might make interesting stories. Others I would rather forget.
@j6face (67)
I think most of us do encounter such dreams. I used to dream that i am falling from a high place until now i have a phobia for heights
If you see yourself falling in dreams, it means something bad is going to happen to you, even I've had such dreams and those didn't result good time in near future.
• Greece
I had a lot of strange dreams and some of them looks real. I used some strange scenario when I'm writing stories. :)
@burrito88 (2779)
I've had some time when I've woken up and felt the dream would be a good plot for a science fiction story. Unfortunately the dream fades too quickly for me to remember the plot.
@bryanwmc (1052)
dreams are already strange in themselves, i always have a dream that i am in a foreign land or country but i always run into familiar friends and faces even though i know they are not from that place..so strange , and theyy always have a reponse ,what are you doing here?? Dreams apprently always have some kind of interpretation although i am befuddled as to what this dream signifies..
@burrito88 (2779)
I know there used to be books written on dream analysis. Perhaps there still are but I don't know how someone can interpret a dream because of something you see or experience in the dream. To really do that they would have to know past intimately.
I had a very strange dream last night.I was back in high school and some weird man in all black came in the class and gave everyone a choice on how they would die.My options were drowning,getting chopped into pieces,or burning.Drowning is one of my biggest fears,getting chooped up would be too slow and painful,so I chose to be caught on fire.After I told him my choice I was thrown into a hole full of fire.I woke up right afterwards.That was the strangest dream I have ever had before.I need to stop eating sweets before I go to bed I guess.
@burrito88 (2779)
Some of this makes me think initially of what happened in Newtown. Being thrown into a hole on fire makes me think it's something Biblical. I'm also reminded of an old 3 Stooges short where the king offers to kill the stooges by either being beheaded or burned at the stake. Curly immediately says he wants to be burned at the stake. When asked why he says he'd prefer a hot steak to a cold chop.
@Micmac (9246)
That happens to me many times and I think repetitive dreams are common. One dream I have often is me getting lost in a place that I am familiar with and suddenly I'll take a wrong turn and can't find my way home like I'm in a strange place and I will be wandering all confused. I wonder why I have this dream so many times; it is a puzzle to me. Maybe I am confused about someone or something in my life and can't put my finger on it. Or maybe I'm depending on someone and can't find the way out when I'm alone? I think dreams tell us alot about what's on our mind.
@burrito88 (2779)
Most of the time I don't remember my dreams. I've had a few dreams related to my old job. There have been times I've dreamed that I was back there working again. What makes it strange is that in the dream, I no I don't belong there anymore, yet I'm still there, trying to avoid be seen by the bosses. It's rather strange but after working there for 15 years I guess I have too many memories.
@subhojit10 (7382)
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. Well i can understand your situation and i know it is very weird to get such dreams again and again. I think it is not advisable to relate such dreams with our real life although it is widely said that our dreams is sometimes the reflection of our life. I too get some dreams repeatatively but i have always ignored it as a nightmare and do not allow it to take over my life and i hope u also do the same. What say?
@Micmac (9246)
May all your dreams be sweet dear subhojit!