I need to do what makes me happy from now on..

That is what I am going to do more of this coming year. I am doing what makes me happy with myself. I know how hard I try to make everyone around me so happy. in the end there are times I can't be happy. but,this really has to change for me to better myself. It might be something I could teach my daughter to do as well.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
I truly believe if you are not happy down deep in your soul then you can't radiate happiness in your life. So there is no way then that you can make others happy. Making yourself happy first is most important because then you definitely can make others happier. Its a great way to start the new year in positive way. If you could get your daughter to do the same I believe it will help her alot. Also in keeping your relationship with her balanced.
@jricky1 (6808)
That is really wise to do.We may came through happy things and also sadness.But the most important is that we need to learn to adjust the emotion.To make some even little changes and you may surprised by yourself.I'm glad that we can pass this happiness around.
@chiyosan (30206)
That is really a good thing to do, a very meaningful gift you can give yourself. We all know and are inclined to always give happiness to people we love, usually we just give them everything and forgot all about ourselves altogether. it is but of course appropriate to love ourselves before we are to give love to others. if we love ourselves, we know how or what will make us happy, we can decide more firmly, be the best person we can be as well
@Arieles (2474)
This is so true, we can't expect to give 100% of ourselves if we are not happy. We have to take care of ourselves and really put ourselves first above anyone else, because if we don't we will be wearing ourselves to thin. I think I need to concentrate more on this in 2013 as well. I do little things for myself, and then I feel guilty for doing them. I think I have a few things figured out though, and the kids and I will all be much happier. Great topic Gifts.
I'm very proud of you for you coming to this conclusion. I think it would be great for you and Kay to learn what makes you happy and then go after it. No one can make you happy but you, in the end. Everybody wants a piece if you until you are all used up and have nothing left for yourself.
@chiyosan (30206)
Kudos to you and to this decision of yours. Sometimes we have got to think about ourselves more, you see how we are with others, we want our families happy, our partners, children and we neglect ourselves to the extent that we have been burnt out. I guess the reason why many of us should think of ourselves and love ourselves more is that we can never be able to give love as we want it when we have the lack of the love to give to others because we have been too drained ourselves. This is a good gift to yourself, you should neverr neglect and give yourself less value than what you give to others. IT should always be more so you can give more.
@asliah (11148)
hi, i think that everyone should always find time and a thing to make their self happy especially when they are alone at home or even in life,for me i could say that i am happy having my friends here in my work,and of course having pet at home and internet makes me happy too.
Oh boy I dont even know if I could do this. I think you are going to have a hard a time as I am lol. I do think though that we both really need happiness in our lives. I tend to listen to so many other peoples problems and sometimes it feels like taking on their burdens is just to much but I always put myself out there to listen and be an ear for anyone upset around me. Its just who I am.