Blessed...

Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks to someone here (won't mention any names in case they don't want me to) and my mother's church my kids are going to have a good Christmas this year! We are so Blessed and I am so grateful for both of their help so my children will be able to open some gifts this year. Thank you SO much! Do you feel Blessed this year at Christmas time?
@lumenmom (1997)
Personally I feel very blessed yet I understand the stress of trying to provide a good Christmas for the kids. I have had help a few times myself but I really wish Christmas was more about Jesus and less about gifts. I thought about that today and I realize that in the society we live in there will always be the pressure to provide gifts no matter how hard that may be for some families. I feel really bad for the families that won't get help and will feel bad about Christmas, but I am so glad to know you are getting help and I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.
@jillhill (37354)
Glad things turned out so the kids have present to unwrap on Christmas morning. I do feel blessed...everyday especially when the health part stays at an even keel...Merry Christmas to all of you!
• Marion, Kansas
I am blessed to have so many friends and family. I work every day with people who do not even have that. Merry Christmas, have a wonderful time building memories.
Hi G arden Gerty doesn[t working like that really mnake you appreciate what we dol have.W hen I worked as a nurses aide I met people fron tge poorest of poor to the richest and one rich brat was a son of Frank Sinatra who did not impress me in the least except to think he needed a few spanks when he was a kid and also needed to appreciate all the privileges he had as the son of a famous actor. but the ones with the best character had little else too.
@ElicBxn (60009)
No, but I don't feel cursed either. I just don't think Christmas is all that special these days. I guess because I don't really have family to be with, and I don't really want to be with who I am with... Of course, being sick doesn't help any either...
I am so sorry your not feeling good and your so down this year. =( I really hope things get better for you! Lets hope and pray 2013 will be better for all of us!
@ElicBxn (60009)
Thank you - I just got a greeting from a new friend in New York who is Jewish. Her bright and cheerful greeting expressed a more heartfelt wish than anything I've heard in the last month!
Yes I do because my daughter is home with me for the holiday. I am just thrilled to have her home. now my mother might be in the hospital.
That is great! I am so happy for you. It is a Blessing when we have family around in our lives to celebrate any holiday... =) I hope your mother gets better soon.
@cobalt20 (1321)
Gift, why your mother in hospital? Is she sick?
It's good that you are going to have a nice holiday. We had a reasonably pleasant Hanukkah. Things were fairly low-key, but, of course, the holiday is a fairly minor one compared to some other holidays within the Jewish calendar.
Yes I am so grateful for that. Mostly for my children, they are going to be happy and thats important to me. I am glad things went well for your Holiday as well!
Good to hear that you feel blessed, I guess many people feel blessed for this time since today is the day of grace of the Christmas and even though I don't know whom you are talking about but I hope God bless them and you and your children and everyone here. Always be grateful for the blessings and goodness of people we experienced around us. It's the nice feeling to have to be always thankful for everything around us.
@bluespygirl (2112)
Hello there! I am happy for you that you feel so blessed this holiday! Blessed are the people who makes you and your family special too. I feel special and blessed when people give me a present be it big or small. I hope those kind people will continue to have blessings in life so that they coul make more people happy. Merry Christmas! God Bless
That's wonderful to hear.
It's so nice to hear some good news for once, especially at this time of the year when people should be smiling, even a little. Christmas is magical and good things happen to good people. Glad to hear all is well and your children will be dreaming of sugarplums tonight waiting for Santa to arrive. Yes, I feel blessed as I will be with my kids and family tonight and tomorrow, just enjoying being alive and healthy. All presents are wrapped and ready to go, lol! Blessings Sweetie!
@deazil (4605)
Merry Christmas Kash! I'm grateful I met u.
It is nice having Christmas Angels helping us this year for our children to have a good Christmas! I am so so grateful for them, they have no idea what they mean to all of us! I am glad you feel Blessed as well. You deserve to be happy. =) Merry Christmas Kashmeresmycat!
Deazil....that was so sweet of you! You are a specail person too and I hope you have a Merry Christmas with a bright beautiful New Year! LMB....Don't forget the Christmas elves too, lol! They run around doing all kinds of good stuff and they know everything! Merry Christmas hon!
@deazil (4605)
LMB, I'm glad you and your family will have a good Christmas. I have found some mylot friends to be special people in my life too. Merry Christmas!
Thank you. There are some really amazing people here, especially the ones that are so helpful! =) Merry Christmas to you too!
@deazil (4605)
Thanks!
Glad to hear that your kids will have some presents to open tomorrow morning. I was hoping that my youngest daughter would be able to spend Christmas with me here at home but it doesn't look that way. I won't be able to go to where she is so I'll just finish up a pair of fingerless gloves that I'm knitting for her and possibly make another pair and mail them to her. I got a little shipping box for less than a dollar that I can stuff them and a few other little items into and send it.
Yes I am so grateful! I'm sorry you won't be spending Christmas with your youngest daughter. =( I hope you can still have a very Merry Christmas anyway!
@cobalt20 (1321)
Lamb, can you give me $10 cash only? just kidding.
@katsmeow1213 (28707)
Not this year I don't.. I'm just happy to have made it through. I did get a bit of help, but most of it was just savvy shopping on my part.. getting clearance deals over the past few months and shopping at thrift stores and telling the older kids that when we get our taxes back we'll try to make it up to them. About 5 years back though I did have an angel. I was playing Pogo at the time, and ran my own tournament league on the site. We were all very close, the players and I. Suddenly out of nowhere I started recieving gifts right after Thanksgiving. Some were to the kids, some were to the child I was 8 months pregnant with. Everyone in the league got together and sent me baby shower gifts. One sent me a car seat, others sent diaper bags and clothes and blankets. One collected money and used it to buy baby clothes off e-bay. One particular person took it upon herself to send Christmas gifts to my children, and gave me some money for myself. When the gifts started coming in I cried.. it was so nice and thoughtful. One of these years I'd like to be in a position to help another needy family.
I'm sorry this year has been a tough one for you... I have been there other years and even this year as well. If it wasn't for other people my kids would not have a good Christmas either. I am just so grateful for them! That was so nice for the people in your league to do that for you back then. That is amazing. =) It is also really nice to be a blessing to others. I am hoping one of these years we are better off so we can help another needy family get Christmas for their family. I love helping others and we haven't been able to lately since we are having such difficult times...
@zandi458 (27954)
Merry Christmas. I am happy to hear that they are good Samaritan here in mylot. I always believe in the more you give the more you receive. God bless whoever that person is.
Merry Christmas to you too! There are some really good people here. I feel so blessed to know everyone here. =) Yes I agree and I hope God Blesses that person a TON!
I guess everyone's feeling blessed right now, after what we expected to happen on 21st December. I realized a lot on this day and I'm determined to live a new life, there's so much to accomplish in life. We should feel blessed when we see that we can keep our babies happy. I'm so glad you're happy, makes me feel happy too. I want happiness everywhere. Oh God, give your blessings to us always!
Well I think most of us knew it was not really going to happen. I did anyway, I have heard the world is going to end 3 times in my lifetime, so I won't believe it anymore unless until it really happens! Lol. But I am feeling very Blessed for my children this year! We had angels helping this year and I am so grateful for them. =)
@subhojit10 (7384)
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. Well i do not know about whom u have mentioned here but certainly that person has been lucky for u and that is the reason why u all feel blessed on this day. Gladly, u guys will also be flooded with gifts on this day which is like icing on the cake. Even though i do not celebrate this eve but still i feel blessed that Jesus Christ will bless us all. What say?
Yeah just in case they don't want me to mention them... But I wanted to start this for them to know how much I truly appreciate them. I feel very Blessed this year, mostly for my children.
@bounce58 (17550)
Not exactly Christmas day, but around it. We actually had a chance to go back to my hometown this past Christmas holiday. I thought I didn't want to, or I thought I didn't miss my family, but when I did saw my mom and dad, I felt blessed that I had a chance to see them because they do live half way around the world.
@inertia4 (26582)
Well, I have to say I am extremely happy for you and your family having a great christmas his year. Even though I did not have my kids with me for christmas,I did have them here with me on New Years. And they were treated extra special this year. They got everything they wanted. and that made me happy. I struggled a little to get them what they wanted but it was well worth it. There are some awesome people here in MyLot, I know what you mean. I hope this year is your year.
@jenny1015 (13394)
During Christmas, I may feel a bit sad coz if some personal issues, but what really makes me happy most is knowing that my parents are still with me to celebrate it. I owe them everything and I feel that I have not given them back enough for all the love that they have showered me and my family. And it is only with them do my husband and kids feel the warmth of the season.
I do feel blessed this year. Christmas has been grand for my grandson this year and I think it has turned out rather well for my granddaughter too. And that is what counts. Glad all is well in your world. Happy New Year!