Woman fired for being too attractive

@stealthy (8189)
This has now been upheld by the Iowa Supreme Court. This is just not right. However, while she isn't bad looking in the photos I have seen, see certainly isn't the movie star or top model attractive that I was expecting when I first saw the headlines before seeing the photos. I don't think see would cause me to turn my head if I passed her somewhere. A few months ago in Walmart I did see a woman who was so attractive that I not only turned my head but was stopped dead in my tracks. That was something that I was expecting from the headlines. But anyway shame on the Iowa Supreme Court for their ruling and on the dentist for firing his long time dental assistant(after 10 years) because he suddenly felt attracted to her apparently without any provocation on her part.
@neelia27 (896)
I can't believe in the reason for firing the dental assistant.. I think there is a deeper resason or other reason behnd it.. it is so annoying if ever it happens wiith I guess I will talked to my boss and once and for all ask him to tell me the truth..
@Aja103654 (5663)
Well, if he couldn't handle the attraction he is feeling the best thing he could have done is give her another job or refer her to some friends of his so she can still earn a living. How terrible to be fired after 10 years. I don't think attraction is all about stunning beauty. People sometimes become more attractive to us because of their personality, their behaviour, their beliefs and so on.
@Cutie18f (9564)
But that's after 10 years of working for him. Has something happened between them? I suspect so. I know of a rich man here who hires only unattractive or "ugly" secretaries based on the standard of the wife. It's the wife who interviews and decides who gets hired as his secretaries. True enough, all his secretaries all look plain and tomboyish.
@Cutie18f (9564)
@zoey7879 (3104)
While I don't agree with the reason that she was fired... That's the drawback of working in a state that has "At Will" employment laws. As long as you're not part of a protected group, you can be fired at any time with or without reason. That being said.. if he actually told this woman that is the reason that she is fired... Then it was just an asinine move on his part and the publicity from the case will make future job-seekers leery. That being said.. the man wasn't guilty of breaking any laws... He's just guilty of being a bit of a jerk.
@subhojit10 (7384)
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. Well i do not know how to react on this piece of news and to be very honest, i think this comes as a shock for me. i think being beautiful and attractive is not anyone's fault. I think that girl should have filed a case against this decision as no body has any right to oppose one's beauty and if we are getting attracted towards someone due to their beauty then it is out fault and not theirs. What say?