Hve you tried this tip before?

@NailTech (6892)
Tip I found... If you have bricks or a pizza stone or unglazed ceramic tile*, put them on the lower rack of the oven. This will hold the heat in the oven. This is good for cheesecakes not baked in a water bath. (It's helpful for any kind of baking, as it keeps the heat in the oven more constant. Keep a pizza stone in the oven most of the time.) Have you tried this tip before? How did it work? I have never placed anything like that in an oven while it was turned on.
@Adoniah (7523)
That is a good way to hold the heat...You can also put a heavy stainless steel bowl over the burner that is the vent for the oven (turn the bowl upside down to hold the heat)...This saves a lot of energy and keeps the oven from heating and cooling all the time.
@NailTech (6892)
Oh I didn't know about the stainless steel bowl thing. I actually have one of those now so I might give it a try. Thanks so much for the tip, I find all of them interesting.
@Adoniah (7523)
I lived on a boat for years, so I am now a walking encyclopedia of things that save energy, water, and time...