i know there's lot of things to see on my country

@hotsummer (10309)
Too bad because of the lack of opportunity and money prevents me to explore the beauty of my own country. It's Judy a shame when foreigners can appreciate and save money to tour here in my country but the locals like me is not able to go around places around the country. And i feel foreigners know more of my country than I do.
@aseretdd (13712)
If there is a will... there is certainly a way... There are now a lot of airlines that offer very cheap fares to different destinations in our country... i availed of one... and we are going to Boracay this April... and we all know that Boracay has one of the best beach in the world... I got a free ticket with hotel subsidy from a mystery shopping company... so i was able to go to Cebu... but i opted to just explore Mactan Island... I have a friend who rides her motor bike to different destinations in Luzon... There are so many ways for us to explore our country... money may be a reason to restrict us... but it cannot prevent us from going places...
@ARIES1973 (9443)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Wow! That could be a great vacation for you aseret! I think I would have to devote this year for saving and would just visit those places near our area.
@dodoazo (12279)
I'm a native of the PH and I have not gone to all beautiful places in the country. I have just gone to Cebu, Dapitan, Iloilo, Manila, and Pampanga. Due to money constraint compels me not to go to places even within our country.
I have not gone to Cebu, iloilo, even dapitan! for that matter, consider yourself lucky. would have been really cool if most filpinos would rather visit other places rather in the country rather than visit other countries that are way too costly. well, some day our descendants or grandchildren would be doing some of that
@hotsummer (10309)
Asst least you are much lucky than us as i have been mostly in manila only. If ever get to see other places I would not be able to go to tourist spot
@dodoazo (12279)
Who knows you might locally touring our place for a sponsored travel tour. It is not too distant. Before I never expect that I could travel as far as Pampanga in the north and Dapitan in the south and Iloilo in the West and Cebu in the East.
@aerous (13475)
That's life, friend. We need to accept the fact that due to government economic strategy, is one of the reason why we are not able to explore our own country. We lack of everything and no good jobs to be found and save money in that purpose. If the government do more to provide more jobs in our country, and we are benefited into it. There is no reason for us not to save money and explore the Philippines.
We can't even protect the spratleys for the oil deposits there that can used to lower the prices of commodities because transport requires lots of fuel expenses. and oil prices in the world market has risen entirely.
@aerous (13475)
That's really a sad part the our Military, is so weak and never protect our sovereignty. The government and politicians fight each other about the budget but never think to improve our military to improve their capabilities to protect this country to any aggression and intrusion. China, clearly intrude our land but the reaction is too weak and we are bow our head to allowed those Chinese vessels to stay in our territory.
@LaDeBoheme (1963)
It is pretty common for people to take for granted what is in their own backyard. Foreigners have to save and spend money to tour your country, because they have to pay travel expenses to get there. YOU are already there. Make your own ops. You don't need money to get out and explore what is around you. Adventure is what you make it. I live on the east coast in the USA. I don't always have money to just travel around this country at whim, but there is plenty to see and do and learn where I live and I take full advantage of it.
Hmmmmmm..this reminds me of myself walking accross different subvisions in my place. Kinda miss doing that but since there's way to many things to get done at home, i should set time for it i guess. but its dangerous to leave home at night or most specially if there isn't any one elses around.. haven't even been traveling in my own neighborhood either..
@nanayangel (7720)
Hi there Hot Summer! I hear you. I like to travel but I have limited resources to do that. Thankfully, I was able to visit some good spots here in the Philippines when I worked for a magazine for four years. Of course, the best thing about it was that it was for free. For traveling, I would like to be able to visit the places to see here in the Philippines before I try to visit other countries. It may sound like a long shot but I am working hard for it.
Unlike you I visited many places in my country.I live in India and it is full with natural beauties.There are many hill stations,beaches,historical monuments which one shold must visit.Kashmir is in northen part of India and it is called heaven because of its natural beauty.Just 2 years back I had been to kashmir and stayed almost 7 days there.I also visited Kedarnath and Badrinath and the journey was very adventurous.I have also been to Simla and Masori and enjoyed the beauty of nature in both the hill stations.Kerala is the most beautiful part of India which I went with my family last year.There are still many more places to visit in my country which I will try to cover up in comming years.
Hello Hotsummer, I haven't been much to other countries more over other parts of the Island like Visayas, Mindanao or even Palawan for that matter. that's the problem to common filipinos who are poor, even for me who is in the middle class couldn't even go to other parts of Cavite or batangas for that matter.
@ARIES1973 (9443)
• Legaspi, Philippines
I think we should not allow that to happen. We should be more knowledgeable about our country than anybody else. Why not try visiting nearby places? I don't have a plan of traveling to another place this year but if given a chance I will do it. I am planning to discover places within our area for I'm sure there are still lots of places that I have not been visited.