2013 Is the Year of the Water Snake - Any Hunches?

@dodoazo (21267)
2013 is considered as the year of the water snake according to the Chinese calendar. It will formally begin on February 4. A guide in Chinese horoscope says: "Ancient Chinese wisdom says a Snake in the house is a good omen because it means your family will not starve. "This could be taken metaphorically to mean that a Snake could never have a problem with his family starving because he is such a great mediator, making him good at business. Or it could mean that a Snake would be willing to sacrifice his possessions, something the Snake has a lot of, in order to pay for his family’s food. "Any way it is interpreted is representative of the Snake’s character and is a measure of the value he puts on his material wealth. The Snake is keen and cunning, quite intelligent and wise." At 2013 starts, what will be the first thing that you are going to do? Then after that, are you still amendable to have your new year's resolutions? If you are, what those things for you to resolve within the year of 2013? Happy New Year!
@dollar3235 (2063)
What is water snake, is it some kind of character in China? What is going to do in 2013?
@dodoazo (21267)
It is so stated in the discussion what the Chinese calendar says about the water snake, its significance and its usefulness and its particular role in the year 2013.
You've mentioned there is a snake in Chinese calender this year, that too water snake and you've mentioned it's good for us. Well... if it's good for us, nothing like it..
@dodoazo (21267)
If you're Chinese that is so well. But if not, it depends on how you perceive it. Chinese has regarded those water snake as blessings and brings them good fortune.
@jagjit273 (1740)
Well thanks for the information. I have not made any resolutions for the new year. I just live the life the way it comes.
@dodoazo (21267)
I think you're pragmatist... you face your life as the way it goes...
@ElicBxn (60895)
That's the way I do it, one day at a time...
@dodoazo (21267)
That is step by step so to speak, ElicBxn...
Being a water snake I would wonder if we weren't going to have some more water type storms. The snake may be a good omen but what of the water portion of it? That is what I saw first. I have no new years resolutions. Happy New Year to you too!
@dodoazo (21267)
Well snakes are classified as amphibian. They live in water and also they live in land. So you don't have to worry about the water. It is just so-called water snake for it is usually thrive in water.
The water is what registered with me first.
@asliah (11148)
hi, according to the horoscope that there are signs who will experience some bad things this year of the snake like those people who were born i year of the rabbit,so being belong that sign i should take care of my self.i don't have new year resolution instead i will do it.
@dodoazo (21267)
Well if that will be the case as per information you have, those people concerned should as what you said take care for themselves. New year resolutions are just a list of things they had not done and again they list them for not doing again, and again, and again. You know what I mean. Aren't you?
@kokomo (1868)
I have a lot of New Year's resolution on my list. The top in the list is to minimize my tardiness at work . lol. I want to change my sleeping habit and avoid not to be late anymore. Second is I want to gain weight. I am so slim and I want to get fattier. It was my goal since before. Next is, I want to maximize my savings and so I am planning to invest something so that I have my extra income also.
@dodoazo (21267)
That is a good plan. If you could maintain that you will reap the good of it. Savings could be given the priority. It is very important especially when you have a family of your own.
@wolfie34 (26793)
I hate snakes, if I found a snake in the house I'd scream the place down, horrid things, fortunately in my country we don't have many snakes, only one poisonous one, but normally they are harmless grass snakes. I was born in the year of the pig! 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, so the next time will be 2019. So not long LOL. I see 2013 with positivity, mainly because of the '13 at the end. I am not sure that we will get out of this damn recession or that unemployment will go down, but for me I think 2013 will be good, snake or no snake!
@dodoazo (21267)
Well, I look at 13 as lucky too. It is my favorite number.Whether there is unfavorable circumstances, we should also look forward for the good of it.
@natliegleb (5184)
for sure because we have seen many and we always try to get rid of it and i will stay away from them ideally to be cautious
@dodoazo (21267)
Put them in writing and prioritize them as to completion. Don't be cramming. Tap others if you couldn't handle them. Good luck!
@Arieles (2474)
The first thing I am going to do in the New Year of 2013 is to wake up. I won't be staying up to ring in the New Year. I will be sleeping soundly in my bed. Once I am awake, I will continue with my goals I have set for the year. I will be following through with all of my plans and move out of my Moms house in June of 2013. I will not be making resolutions. I am more inclined to follow my goals than any resolution I may have set. I will meet my goals I have set for myself.
@dodoazo (21267)
It's good to hear your plan for 2013. You've a determination to attain your goals you've set. Good luck and more power.
My life will still be the same however i am determined to make a change in me. I will really be exercising at least every other day. I will really eat more fish and veggies. I will see to it that i will drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.
@dodoazo (21267)
You're getting into a right track of a good lifestyle... hope you are consistent in following this plan for 2013. Good luck! Happy New Year!
Hi Dodoazo, I am a dragon according to the Chinese zodiac and 2012 is the dragon year,which means it is my animal year. There are something similar between dragon and snake,but however dragon is more mysterious than snake,coz till now dragon is still an unknown mystery to us. Seems that I took it so far,lol.Happy new year.
@dodoazo (21267)
you're a mysterious woman then. well the way you move, the way you speak, the way think - all is a mystery!
@ElicBxn (60895)
I am a "Snake" according to the Chinese calendar. I missed being a horse, but I guess that's okay, I like snakes. I don't know if that being a snake is good or bad, I'm not too familiar with the aspects of the Chinese calendar or horoscope... heck, I've never been real sure of the Western horoscope either... Guess it really doesn't matter, since I'm probably not going to figure it out this year any more than any previous years, but there we are... Have a hissing good year!
@dodoazo (21267)
Just for the thought of it... horoscope really don't play any significance in the real lives of every people. However, there are some people who really want to be entertained and enjoy the effect of it. Hisss.... hissss... hissss... happy hissing year.... hiss!
hi dodoazo oh my that water snake better not get in my house as snakes scare me and I would surely scare the poor critter out of my house and he would shed his skin. My resolutions are to lost 50 pounds and look good feel good and keep may medical appointments lol. I am such a procrastinator for things medical. andthat does not work for me a diabetic so must turn over a n ew leaf but no water snakes under it . lol. .lll
@dodoazo (21267)
Chinese do value the water snake in their houses for they bring good fortune for them.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hello dodoazo, Have a Friend who is a water snake and she has a lot of family around her always lot of grandchildren and she is always on her feet looking after them and cooking for them. She would do anything for them always now she is a great grandmother too. I don´t know what her resolutions are though as she did not say what they were. I am Water Dragon and this year is supposed to be better for me than last year. I wonder if because I was born towards the end of the water dragon year if it has any effect on the outcome of things?