Did your child said something shocking to you?

Guangzhou, China
This morning when we had breakfast together, my husband "picked on" me. My son saw it and he said:"Mom, do you want to avoid the troubles from dad?" I was curious to it and asked him what it was. My son said:"You can get divorced with dad." Oh, even if at the time when I was very mad at my husband, I even didn't say so. I don't know how my son learned this word. But it all made us laugh anyway I bet he doesn't know what exactly "divorce" means
@wolfie34 (26820)
Children easily pick up on things, tension, arguments and are more sensitive to their surrounds, they can hear words that they can't comprehend at their tiny age and will be curious about what they mean. I know I did as a child I accused my mum of being sly, and I didn't even know what the word meant, but I had heard it from a neighbour. My mum told me off for using the word, which got me even more curious! If we hide the true meaning of a word the child will only get more curious and will start using the word regularly to provoke a reaction, good or bad! Which can be embarrassing if the word is rude or a cursory word.
It is easy for children to learn something quickly, especially the bad words
@edvc77 (2143)
Yes, my three year old son said something not nice to me, as in " I don't like your mother. " I found out then that one of our servants is teaching my son bad things. This person is quite envious and have low mentality so I just ignored her. However,I became cautious and talked to my son about this. Sometimes, parents need to be careful on some people who might teach bad things to our children. Have a nice day!
It seems that the children will learn the bad things in a short time. So I will pay attention to it.
@jaiho2009 (39021)
The most innocent lines I ever heard/read today. I am sure your son doesn't know what divorce exactly means. Sometimes kids know when to throw punchline. At least you get the chance to laugh and forget whatever misunderstanding is happening around. Good job to your son
What a bad boy
@Sreekala (21955)
The same question asked my elder son some years ago. His father got angry on him and scold him which made him upset. Then he came to me and asked why can't you get a divorce? I smiled said ok, tell me after getting a divorce what should I do, he replied then go some other place with me. Yes, I agree, he don't know the exact meaning of divorce the same time he get irritated with his father's anger and had an idea divorce may help.
It seems that the sons are always closer to moms
@dee777 (1418)
• South Africa
Oops...haha. I think your son knows what divorce means, for he used it in the correct context. It's amazing the stuff children pick up from adults and television, or what they hear from their friends.
Perhaps it is amusing to use "divorce" in this way.