I can't wait to go food shopping.

I bought some carrots and both adrain and I were snacking on them last night. I am going to buy more of them along with some other veggies for when we want snack. He is really making it easy for us both to eat better. I never thought he would do it but he means it when he says he wants to lose weight. I don't want him on any pills either. just use working together can make it happen. I already feel like I might have lost a few inches. I am buying a scale for my house as well. what kinds of snacks do you eat that help you lose weight? I want to try something else.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
good idea. make sure you are both walking and drinking lots and lots of water. Will make it more easy to lose weight there. Good luck there. Have a great weekend...
I can't do much walking right now. it is too cold outside to even go out without a good reason.
we are looking int buying dvd's or going to a gym. I want the gym for zumba classes and to have fun with other people.
• Mexico
I also hear swimming is a good way to lose weight. Maybe you have an indoor swim place there by you...
@asliah (11148)
hi, one of my problem is that having over weight but my body become more widen,so the first thing i need to do is to discipline my body especially my mouth and my stomach,i lessen to eat rice,instead i eat more vegetables and drink plenty of water when i feel hunger.
@Pegasus72 (1901)
We love to include lots of veggies with every meal. It is not uncommon for us to have 2 or more veggies with every dinner that is served not counting fruit or veggies we have during the day.
@Arieles (2474)
That's great that Adrian is supportive of your weight loss efforts and is even joining in on your journey with you. This year, I'm just vowing to eat more fruits and vegetables and "not" gain any weight. Some snacks I like to eat are egg whites with salsa wrapped in a soft wrap (extreme wellness is my favorite). I like celery and peanut butter, boiled eggs, smoothies (mix up some water (or milk), bananas, strawberries, and blueberries. I LOVE making my own smoothies. Drinking green tea helps too.
@jricky1 (6808)
Everytime i can't resist the temptation to go for food shopping.I feel excited for that more than go clothes.But the thing is that i like things kind of snickers,this can even make me fatter.But don't mind,go for things you like.I eat vegetables instead to lose weight.
You don't have to always go for a walk outside. You can look up some walking-in-place type exercises on youtube. It doesn't take up make floor space for that kind of exercise. Or you can try bellydancing exercises.
@jureathome (5363)
Wow, carrots! I always buy carrots and potatoes when we do groceries, but I haven't thought of making a snack out of them. I remember eating carrot sticks with mayonnaise, with my mother, when she was trying to lose weight, too. But, I've never tried that now that I'm a mother. I eat oatmeal, when I'm hungry between meals.
@trisha27 (3498)
It is really becoming tough for me to eat healthy but it is a goal that I'd like to reach and stay away from junk food. When I do eat healthy though I too like to grab carrot sticks and celery and even cucumbers. This is my husbands favorite healthy snack. Cucumbers and salt on it with a little bit of lemon juice. I also like to eat apple slices and other types of fruit. I want to really get back to eating healthy though. The other day I weighed myself and I was so scared to see how much I weighed, but thankfully when I weighed myself I didn't gain so much weight, so I don't have very much to lose. But I want to get to eating healthy so I don't get to the scary weight that I don't want to be at. Which was at the weight I was at before I got sick and started losing a lot of weight. Cause then I know it will be hard for me to lose the weight. My husband though has done so good with eating healthy and sticking to his diet, he has already lost a reasonable amount of weight. That I am proud of him about, because before he knows it he will get down to his goal weight and he will be even more healthier. He is diabetic so, he know that him eating right and exercising will help him be healthier.
Healthy eating is something that needs to be for life--not just as a passing fad to help lose a few pounds. Eliminate the red meat from your diet, and you will both be feeling better. Yes, that includes pork. Have healthy meals such as salmon served with a spinach salad, baked tempeh and veggies, whole wheat pasta and veggies... For snacks, have fresh fruits and veggies on hand. Slicing down, seasoning and baking root vegetables to turn them into baked veggie chips can be quite delicious. Work with whole foods rather than processed ones, and you will see a difference in terms of how you feel.