I worry about this girl all the time it's making me sick.

I only wanted to pay her cell phone and she refused. so,now I call her darn job and no one answers the phone calls. She worked new hours for the first time so she is off early. it is freezing out there and she knows how I worry. I was good all day till I looked at the clock. it's not like she has a curfew or anything. but,when she has her phone on she will call to let me know she is alright and check in on me. if she does not pay it I am going to pay it myself. Kids don't know what parents go through worrying about them all the time.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
you need to sit her down and make rules for her, just a 5 year old. She needs ti understand how you are when she does those things. Tell her with her goofy old guy calling, why you are worried for her. Make her understand that.
My mother told me to leave her alone about the phone and worry about myself. So,I try to back off since I know my mother is worried about my health. but,this girl needs her phone paid. she has only train fare.
@sid556 (31005)
She sounds as if she is trying to be independent. Let her. She always finds a way to get hold of you if she is in a spot. I'm a parent too and so I understand the worry. When she gets home, remind her of how you worry and that it would be nice if she just texted you or called you when she had a moment. Remember that our mother's all raised us in a time before cell phones. I raised my girls pretty much without them as well. Except for the youngest, none of my girls had them until they were grown as we could not afford them.
If I could just get a phone call I would be in such a better place. it seems like she is just doing her own thing and forgetting people are worried about her. I am going to try to work on this for the new year because it is going to kill me.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Sorry to say that won't change until she becomes a mom. Kids just don't get it. You worry worry and they walk around like they are invincible! I went through that with my youngest daughter. How many times I thought I would never see her again because she was not calling me or coming home. Back then there were no cell phones either. Now I'm waiting till the day her daughter does it to her and she realizes what she put me through so many times. I hope she is ok and you hear from her soon.
I hope it does not take her this long to get it. I am letting her be free and that is helping. but,come on now a phone call won't kill her.
I called my daughters job adn she comes in at two. I want to pay the phone bill and that is final. I am going to let her know one last time I am in need of a phone call. after that I have to leave it and work on me. that is my goal for the new year me..
@lilybug (21148)
She seems to not want to take your money. Maybe try to work it out with her that she will pay you back when she gets paid if it is taking money away from you that she is worried about. It is nice that she seems to be worried about you having enough money for the first time in her life.
I think when she was gone she was able to see just what I was doing for her. Now she wants to save me from stress.
Sharon that is good, relish it and pat yourself on the back. some of your lessons are now taking effect.She is growing up.
@Arieles (2474)
They sure don't. She's out there in the cold, taking the buses and no phone. You really shouldn't have to worry like that, but yes go ahead and pay the phone for her. It can be a gift. I hate to even ask my Mom for money, because it's always to hard to pay it back. I live with my Mom too, but I'm not working outside and taking buses from here to there either, but if you want a phone for her for your own sanity then just tell her it's a gift. She probably wants you to keep your money for food for the household. I hope you can get this phone situation taken care of real soon.
I am waiting on her call now to get this paid for. She knows I am sick and did not call me last night.
@sid556 (31005)
Well, it has been 4 hours since you started this so I hope that all is well now. I will say that a lot of work places do not allow cell phones to be on while at work. Actually, most don't. I work in the public and I don't pick up the phone when it is busy and I have a line of customers.My girls text me and that way I can respond in between customers.
She can't talk either but she can text on it. I am calling her job today as well.
@Wolf2012 (24)
We can understand your mood. Pity in parents'mind in domination~ Nevertheless, I think may you worry too much. I don't know how old your daughter is, if she is mature or elder enough, just give her more freedom and let she fly freely by herself,just like the kite... Best wishes...
That is what I am I am trying to do right now. that is very good advice for me too. I am working harder at this as well. welcome to mylot. thanks.
@Blondie2222 (21815)
Well I am sure she is okay and maybe had to work late or went and hung out with a friend. Hopefully she has contacted you by now. If you're that worried then maybe you should just go ahead and pay her bill without her knowing so that way she has a phone and you won't have to go thru another situation like this again.
She worked a double shift that night and called me three times from a friends phone. I don't know her carrier or I would pay the bill.
At her age, she should be off at college working on obtaining her baccalaureate degree. Sure, you would still sometimes worry about her. However, you would likely worry less, and she would be gaining the skills needed to build a career that will take her places. There is so much that she could be doing in her life. It is sad that she doesn't seem to be on the path to doing those things.
all she wants right now is her job. because she knows without it she can't pay for anything. I just want her in school this year. we had a talk about it as well.
@asliah (11149)
hi, yes that is true because my parents also experienced that with my elder sister,she really didn't call my parents if where she was,and now i am thankful because my elder sister changed for better,i think every mother is normal with them to worry about their child.
hi gifts we are parents and parents worry I worry about my son who is 53 , so you worry too m uch about KayKay,dear Gifts. relax you will get gray hair worrying so much. She is showing she is maturing some so do try to trust her more.I agree our kids really do not fathom how much we worry about them.Honey Sharon you know she has some common sense and is not going to stay out in the cold and if she has a problem she will call y ou.Do not worry yourself sick with this. She will call trust me. I just know she will. Hugs from hatley.