Pretty Darn Sneaky of Them

@NailTech (6890)
My mom bought this huge container of basically bisque-like cookies with different sprinkles on them for New Years. I made everything like cookies and cake for Christmas so she said she does want to buy something for New Years so I said sure. Turns out on the bottom of the container, which is piled like 7 inches high of the cookies, they put all of the plain cookies where you wouldn't be able to see them from the outside. I thought that was pretty darn sneaky! I mean, I don't care if they are covered with anything as a rule for myself but to do this and make people think they are all sprinkled with something is kind of wrong in my opinion. It is almost like something very cheap on their part to do. What if the cookies were for someone's party and they see that? Would you have done anything about it like take them back to the store or just eat them and just feel cheated? Or just don't care like me but wonder alittle.
Well yeah, many bakery do that to save money. They'll put the beautiful ones to cover what is plain inside. It could save them money and for them, they just want to make sure that the cakes or cookies look beautiful outside and pleasing for the eyes. So people would be interested to see it.
@NailTech (6890)
To me though that is alittle like ripping the customer off. It's not a huge deal but something I thought was rather offensive in the way of thinking you were getting all of them decorated and some were not. If they had been scattered throughout the upper part it would have been more honest of them.
@911Ricki (13602)
If I want to make sure they are the same, then I order them from the bakery myself through a special order. I have seen this before in the past, I noticed the bottom items weren't decorated or had icing. It's an assortment they would say, but in the end it would save them money.
@NailTech (6890)
That would have been better, you're right. Next time if I do have a party I will do that but another store's bakery not this one. I feel like they would still rip me off somehow now.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Yes, many seem to do those things here as well. The pretty ones on top. Its wrong. Happy new years...
@NailTech (6890)
Yes wrong but the way of the world nowadays. Sad too. Happy New Years to you as well. I hope your cafe does well again this coming weekend or so!
@BabyCheetah (1913)
I guess if I was already home I wouldn't bother taking them back especially if the cookies still tasted good. Maybe depending how annoyed I was I would contact the company to make a complaint and tell people about the bad experience so they don't bother buying them. Or I might just let it go
@NailTech (6890)
That is what we're doing, just letting it go. But I still thought it was kind of sneaky and just plain not good for business. I'm not sure now if the store made them theirself or if it was another company but will check the container. They do have a bakery there. i won't mention it to them though, just not buy that again next time.
@Pegasus72 (1901)
I think that is pretty bad to do that, bad business practice. I would have set them out at the party but I would have also taken a picture of what was under all of the good cookies.