I should be feeding my dogs their dinner at 5 pm on Dec. 31

@Cutie18f (9563)
I know that these people here in our neighborhood will be going crazy again and will be lighting their noisy fireworks when the sun sets on Dec. 31. My dogs will be too scared to eat, so I should be able to feed them at 5 pm, secure their place by covering them with something like tarpaulin so they won't be scared so much. I am sure that they will be shaking and hiding all their might most especially when the clock strikes 12 when the New Year comes. All the crazy people will have their excuse to do their crazy acts on this day. Let us prepare ourselves and also ensure that our pets are safe. Happy New Year!
@inu1711 (5288)
I don't think your dogs will even think about food tomorrow. They will be to scared. My previous dog was like that. She was terrified by loud noises. She didn't want to go outside for hours, she didn't want to eat anything until the noisy period ended. Maybe you can find a quiet place for them to hide during the night. A quiet room without windows or one with small windows could help. My previous dog used to hide inside the bathroom. She felt somehow safe in the bath tube, so I always prepared a cozy bedding for her in there.
@Cutie18f (9563)
Hi Inu! My dogs stay outside the house, but they have their own place also. I am thinking of covering it with something. One of them would dig deep into the ground and stay there. I hope it rains so these crazy people won't be making so much noise.
@Cutie18f (9563)
The two local dogs just hid themselves like crazy while the lab was just there shaking. I had to keep him company.
@Cutie18f (9563)
That is a very smart move Inu.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
My little dog will go crazy on the 31st. She doesnt like the loud noices at all. She will want to be in my lap all day and night Im sure. Have new years to you there....
@Cutie18f (9563)
Yes, our pets will need comfort on this crazy day. The crazy noise is something they can't understand.
@wolfie34 (26793)
Our cat bless her is 19 she never goes out now, which is just as well as she doesn't like loud noises, I am concerned about the stray that hangs around, I am sure he has somewhere to go where he can shelter from the cold and the noise, I strongly suspect our 94 year old neighbour will let him stay in, she likes him for company and he likes her for feeding her, it's a mutual benefitting relationship! So at least I know he will be warm and away from the noise.
@Cutie18f (9563)
Oh. There's no problem with your cat then Wolfie.
@edvc77 (2143)
Yes, that is right. We have to ensure our pets that they are safe this coming New Year's Eve. If possible, let them be insie our house so that they won't ran away when they hear explosions. Happy New Year!
@Cutie18f (9563)
My pets just stay outside the house but the house is fenced. They can't go anywhere. I just have to make their place safer.