Should I make this man open his gifts..

He opened up the sneakers because I begged him. and then he went a day or two later and opened a shirt. now he has about 4 left and I just want him to open them. I am not being mean or anything but goodness. I should not have bought them if I knew christmas would be this hard. next year I might not buy him anything. this way he will not worry himself over not being in the mood to open gifts. or I might just get him one thing.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
no, what would that gain. He will open them when he is ready. But I must say. You have a very strange relationship with him. If he cant take the time to make you happy by opening a few gifts on xmas, something is really wrong there. Hope things get better for you there.
He felt bad about christmas because he is mourning his mother. He needs to talk to someone soon or this will do real harm to him and others. I don't know why I did not think about this before shopping for him. I will just leave the gifts he can open them next year if he likes. Happy new year.
• Mexico
I understand that, I t was my first xmas with out my son here. But that isnt an excuse to not make you his mate happy. As you know sometimes we have to do things to make our men happy. He needs to do the same for you.
@asliah (11148)
hi, for me there is no wrong when we push them to open their gifts,sometimes i am like that i mean i am more excited to his gift rather than him,so for me telling someone to open his/her gifts is not a big deal,and maybe that is normal only to be excited.
@dee777 (1418)
• South Africa
No, you are not mean, he was suppose to open the gifts in front of you to show his appreciation. I once took out a book from the library to show/teach my family about etiquette. The one chapter was about receiving gifts and how important it is to open it the minute a person receive it. The receiver of the gift is suppose to tear open the wrapping with enthusiasm, and he is then suppose to tell the giver what he/she will do with the present. Perhaps you should get this man a book about etiquette!
@Arieles (2474)
Sounds like Adrian isn't a very big fan of Christmas. He could at least humor you and open the gifts you got him for Christmas. Next year, you'll just have to give him his gifts without wrapping them. I think you have to much fun buying things for him not to give him anything.
@alberello (4755)
Well, it is not easy, however, to comment on a discussion like this. Meanwhile, because from what I understand, it covers problems (although simple) of a relationship, and I do not feel like arguing over. However, I do not even know what this man, to whom thou refer. In all ways, I think he has enjoyed your gifts, but the thing that amazes me his behavior is why he did not open them all at once! I will stop here, I did not feel like saying other!
@trisha27 (3498)
No you shouldn't force him to open the gifts. Let him open them when he's ready. There is probably other things that are going on with him right now, maybe you should talk to him and see what is up. Maybe you could just unwrap them for him and let him have his gifts if he's up to that.
@Tina30219 (34510)
• Onaway, Michigan
That is not right that he has not opened his gifts why leave them unopened. I agree if he wants to be this way maybe you should just get him 1 gift or get him a gift card and he can get his own gifts.
@ivan88 (193)
Obviously, considering what has recently happened, gifts aren't THAT serious of an issue. Talk to him more. Perhaps, you with your love and care can make him happier. I feel really sad about what happened to him. Hopefully, he can recover soon. But, of course, you can't push it. May take some more time.
@nezavisima (7418)
• Bulgaria
gifts are very much good. but sometimes I see people do not think they are nice but why so. he did not like that it annoys you. My husband and I love presents and always happy and hurry to open them. obviously that next year will not buy to feel the lack of these gifts and appreciate them. nice day!
Maybe he likes having something to open after Christmas. Then again, maybe Christmas doesn't mean the same to him as it does to you.