new app on facebook?

Facebook - no friends deleted!
@ctryhnny (3463)
I noticed on the bottom of the page a link for an app to find out who deleted you as a friend! I don't click on everything I see and it says 3 people have deleted me on fb. I logged onto my account there and couldn't find one person who deleted me. They are all family and close friends so I don't know why anyone would delete me. Where did they get the idea that 3 people deleted me? Would you click on that link to find out who deleted you on fb? I don't know how they would get that information and why!
@owlwings (38088)
• Cambridge, England
There is no app which can detect who has deleted you BEFORE it was installed. There are scripts which can make a list of all your current friends and then advise you when anyone on that list removes you. Unfortunately, many of them have been known to be dangerous because, by giving them access to your Friends list, you may also be allowing them access to much more information than you intended. If the app is giving you false information, such as telling you that 3 people deleted you BEFORE you even installed it, then it is very likely to be a scam and you would be strongly advised to get rid of it as soon as possible (and report it to FaceBook).
@ctryhnny (3463)
I figured it was a scam because how could they find that out? I checked my friends list and everyone on it is someone I want as a friend or family.
I really would not care if any one removed me so I am sure I would not look. I deleted so many game players last year so I am free from most of those messages.
@ctryhnny (3463)
I had to do the same thing. I basically stopped playing a lot of games that I played when I first got on fb so didn't need them as friends any more. I didn't even know half of them.
I felt so god removing all those people so I could get away from those games.
@ctryhnny (3463)
I felt the same way. I was getting so many stupid things on my page I had to delete them.
@nitinnair89 (2895)
Really? I have never seen any links like that.. Well, i will not get thoughtful if my friends remove me on FB though. LOL.
@ctryhnny (3463)
If the right people delete me then it's ok with me. If my family were to do it I would be so upset.
I would be upset too..but that's ok with me because family is family..
@wolfie34 (26881)
Damn that is bad timing, I want to delete someone off my Facebook without them knowing! If only I had done this before this new app.
@ctryhnny (3463)
They can always see who deleted them by just looking at their friends list and your not there!
@narthan (326)
This could be an other hoax app. There are many such silly apps in facebook.. And moreover facebook will not expose API's which override a persons personal information based on his/her personal preference or settings... So just don't get your head to it just enjoy your New year!
@ctryhnny (3463)
I think your right! It seems every week or so some new app pops up and they are scams. We have to be very careful about these things.
@dodoazo (10106)
What is this? I don't understand. Practically, no one would know if they are deleted unless they are informed via their email.
• Denmark
You should try out Friends List Tracker. It has been around for ages and is actually the best app around for the job (even though it is not the most widely used) http://apps.facebook.com/flist-tracker
@Arieles (2474)
I never reach the bottom of my screen. I know people have deleted me and they have their reasons as I have mine. Their opinion of me is none of my business. I know who my friends are