background check..

If you were dating for the first time in this day and age.. would you be upset to find out the person had this done on you? I would not mind at all if he told me up front. If I found out he did it behind my back and did not want me to know. I would punch his lights out and get moving.. I think with all the crap going on now we really need to think hard about who were getting involved with. Or if you have a good thing now work hard to keep it..
@bjc66bjc (6745)
You can chck the background which is only going to tell you whats on paper...but is it really going to tell you everything you would like to know about a person...It may tell you if he has ever been arrested but will it confirm if he is a cheater, how he treats his mother...??? But you need to chill out because you are too often talking about punching/fighting someone...lol
check your email please.
I would have no problem with it because I have nothing to hide, but like you I would want to know about it at least. Then again, I don't like anything done behind my back! Lol. If they were honest about it I would not care, I have nothing to check anyway!
I would also like to know where to get one of those done.
@asliah (11149)
hi, for me i think we need a little beat background checking to someone so that we will know them more better,sometimes when we fall in love to someone we never think his/her background because the important for us is the feeling we feel to the person.
I think that the healthiest relationships are drawn on trust and if a person that I was seeing was to breech my trust right off the back by having a background check run on me without my knowing, then I really don't think that I would ever be able to learn to trust that person. Therefore, there would be no way that I would ever be able to have a relationship with a person that had gone behind my back and had my background checked. Now I know that I don't have anything to hide but to know that someone thought I was lying to them would be something that would really hurt me.
hmm..i'm really not sure how i'd feel about that. i would imagine it'd be a boring read for them however.. i'm just glad i'm not in the dating scene anymore..you have more to worry about with idiots with cell phone recorders.
@Arieles (2474)
I am like you, I would want to know if someone is doing a background check on me right away. If you're going to do that, you better be telling me. If I found out later after the fact, I would say "bye bye baby!" I especially understand the need to do background checks in this day and age and the way people are, but if you want to do that you had better be honest about it. That's right, work hard to keep those good and honest relationships.
@laken02 (3068)
i am going on a date with a new guy tonight but we have been talking on phone and internet for awhile he is an older guy so a new step for me ..but he lives about 20 min away from me and he and i have some of the same friends on fb.. so i know he is not a fake or anything i would be really hesatant about dating someone in a other state.. there is a new show about that called catfish it is good to watch but for your post question i would not do a background on someone because i usualy do my homework before we date i never meet someone and boom right off the bat go out i have not met or dated very little since the divorce so i hope he is a good guy.. but im not gonna rush anything.. and if he did a background check on me i would be mad too.. unless he ask like u said then i would not mind...
@LaDeBoheme (1963)
Sorry for laughing, but this struck me as extremely funny. A background check for what?! To see if you are suitable spousal material or have the necessary qualifications to be a potential parent to said person's offspring? Nah, I don't need that crap. Ask me up front, I'll tell you. Don't need to run any background check. Right there shows you mistrust and that is no way to start a relationship. Hit the road, Jack. Let me ask you, would YOU run a background check on someone YOU were dating? If I felt the need to do that, I definitely don't need to be with that person. That's not to say some relationships don't work out and people do have skeletons in the closet, but a background check wreaks of paranoia and is not a good line on a first date.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
I think a boy friend or girlfriend has every right to do that. ANd they also have the right not to tell the mate about it. As many gf, bf keep worse things than that from a mate. It wouldnt bother me a bit, if a bf did that to me. i have not a thing to hide.
• St. Peters, Missouri
I'm with you, gifts. If he told me up front, I wouldn't have a problem with it. In fact, I would probably see him as sensible. I also know though, having had a lot of background checks run on me for work, that every background check I've ever had done has required my social security number as well as my name. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've even had to give my maiden name for thoroughness. So I'm not sure how much information someone could get with just your name. After all, there is a very high probability that there are other people in the world with your same name. They might be able to get limited information with just your name and address. But it wouldn't be much if any. So, if someone had a background check run on me and I didn't know it, I would immediately have to know where they got my personal information. If he got my social security number without my knowledge - upset wouldn't even begin to describe my anger. Quite frankly, I would be more concerned for their physical safety.
@Asylum (47226)
• Manchester, England
I find the whole concept unacceptable. As far as I am concerned checking a person's background should only apply for such matters as a credit check for a mortgage or loan or an application for employment in a sensitive field. This is not only an invasion of privacy but also a demonstration of distrust from the start of the relationship. I can not think of anything in my past that I would a problem with becoming public knowledge, but the idea of being privately investigated is quite offensive. It would never occur to me to run a background check on someone else in this way, I would be more interested in who they are now than who they were previously.