There is so much going on in the world.

There are such terrible things going on in the world people are scared more than ever. I have always had fear somewhere in my life. now there are scared people who were never scared before. scared to meet new people,to bring people around their family just everything. it is so sad that we are living like this as well. Is there anything that scared you recently? Those twenty kids getting killed scared me..
@silverfox09 (4727)
You are right we are living in a scary time . I have not been scared for a long time though , I try to stay in safe places an also pray that no psycho get any idea for those areas.
That is very good to know. I hope more people are feeling a bit safe out there.
I think North Korea is scary or,more specifically their leader KimJong-un. However, I hear that even he has very recently attempted to make peace with South Korea so there is sometimes hope in the unlikeliest places. The shootings in Sandy Hook were,of course, appalling. The sad and scary thing is that we are just waiting for the next Adam Lanza or Anders Breivik to emerge from his conspiracy theory-strewn bedroom bearing arms with another skewed and,ultimately,tragic mission.
I just hope we can have a great start to the new year without all of this mess going on.
@dee777 (1418)
• South Africa
We do live in a scary time. I am scared when I have to go to the bank. I have been robbed last year in daylight when I walked home from a friend's house - not too far from where I stay. It's even worse to raise a child now.
I know seeing the shooting that happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School had really scared me since I had always wanted to be a teacher and had always been told that school is supposed to be a safe learning environment and then some idiot has to go on a rampage by killing his mother, the children and the staff members. It also scares me that these children have to back to school on Thursday and try to get their lives back in order. I am glad that they have a new school to go to, but I am sure the memories still scare them.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i could say that people now a days getting more aggressive and bad,because they can kill people so easily with their own hands without any fear from the officers or even to God,like on the terrible happened in Connecticut.that was really sad and scary.
@maximax8 (27048)
I find it depressing to listen or hear world news. I was shocked to be told Australia is having the danger of bush fires. It is winter in my home country so it is summer time over there. It is annoying visas have to got for some countries. In today's world a passport should be enough. Scary people like criminals and terrorists spoil things for good people like you or me. I hate it when people get hurt of killed in dangerous situations.
As far as things that have actually scared me go, there really hasn't been anything that has really scared me, except for this fiscal mess that has been going on in Washington. However, there are a lot of things that have been happening in the world that are very concerning to me. Just like you said, one of those things that really did concern me was the massacre of the children in Connecticut.
@sid556 (31018)
I work alone at nite in a convenience store and in all the years that Ive worked there, I have never ever felt afraid. Lately, I admit that Im a little nervous. We've had a lot of hold-ups recently in the area. Last weekend I had some freak guy come in asking if the cops had been in looking for anyone. He was walking around the store and talking to himself. Then when he came to the counter he pulled out a wad of cash like you would not believe, muttered how he was missing money and then pulled out another huge wad of cash from another pocket. I do get nervous a bit now. Thankfully the local cops come around a lot and check on me and they do sit outside while I count my money at the end of the nite.
@tshihmin2 (186)
I agree more and more bad news around. The minute we open the newspaper, 9 out of 10 news are bad news. Not only bad news, but also sad news. That news about those 20 kids got killed, really break my heart. It's so sad and very pitiful, at such a very young age, so fast had to go off. The more violent people around, the more killing will be happening around. The more children get killed, the more little angels and saints will be in heaven. May you little ones Rest In Peace! God bless you all.
Well,personally,my 46-year-old father's high blood pressure and the fact he began to lose his hearing and hairs scared me a lot recently.Fortunately his health condition turned out to be ok,at least the doctor told me so.
Life is always variable.We never know what would be happen next min.So the only is to cherish the moment we spend together with the one we love and sieze the day.Don't regret for the past.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I normally don't scare very easily but you are right there is so much going in this world its sad...I am very afraid of the unknown...meaning there are people walking amongst us every single day and we just don't know what may happen. One moment we are waiting on the train and the next second someone has just pushed you in front of an oncoming train for no apparent reason other they are mentally unstable... its a sad situtation... people snap and we just never if we are in the wrong place as the wrong time and that scary...