Having fries with white vinegar

For dinner. It's a common thing to eat here in Canada but Americans say we are eating window washing fluid. Any Americans out there eat fries with white vinegar.
@Kalyni2011 (3503)
lol i am from india, in cooking i don't use vinegar in any form, but i use lot of indian spices; have you ever tried indian spices? Thanks for sharing this discussion.
@ZoeJoy (1395)
I'm a Canadian living in America. Here, it is common to eat jo-jos, which are large french fries, with ranch dip. Never heard of that before living in the States. That took some getting used to. You can't get vinegar at restaurants or at fast food places where burgers are sold, so I got used to eating fries with ketchup or jo-jos with ranch dip. My husband likes to make homemade fries with fried onions. Those are really tasty!!! But now, I don't eat that many french fries because I am trying to stick to a diet. :)
@jricky1 (6809)
Every different places get different habbits.So i think i definitely respect what they are having and enjoying.Turn to learn more things and feel easy and accept others.Enjoy and that seems really lovely.
@sacmom (14315)
I've never heard of eating french fries that way...but then again I'm American! LOL Actually, I doubt that has anything to do with it as I have eaten fries that were dipped in my milkshake before (only from McDonald's though). Not an American tradition, at least not that I'm aware of, but rather something I tried when I was a teenager just because I wanted to try it. My husband thought it was rather odd to eat fries that way...until he gave it a try. Turns out he likes it that way too! LOL Happy 2013!
@edvc77 (2143)
I am not an American however I'm surprised on what you have said that some Americans eat fries with white vinegar. I wonder then what's the taste of it. In some places in our country, my mother said that they saw some Filipinos eating a sandwich filled with bagoong alamang or fish sauce. I was then surprised with this too. I wonder what is the taste of it. :-) God Bless
I love those but not together ever. I would like to try it now that you mentioned it. but good god oh mighty I can't imagine how that would taste.
There is a restaurant here called 5 guys that has salt malt vinegar you can put on your fries. Once I tried it they are good that way. So, now when I go to that restaurant I always put that on my fries. They are so good.
@jalucia (1435)
White vinegar, yeah. But with fries, no. I don't really get that. What I do like is fries with ketchup and ranch on them. Yummy.
Some Americans do eat fries with white vinegar. I generally don't, because I prefer other things (but not usually ketchup) on the rare occasion that I do eat fries. I would rather have something such as honey mustard, chipotle aioli, tartar sauce or some other dip. I generally don't use white vinegar as a food, though. I tend to use it for cleaning purposes--for hair, for cleaning drains, for laundry, etc. That is why I always try to keep a large bottle of it on hand. Baking soda is another thing that tends to get more usage in the cleaning department than the cooking one here.