Do you ever Flies a Kite....???

@Tushavi (2078)
Karachi, Pakistan
hi to all well, I do Fly a Kite once in my life when I'm around 6-7 years old....My Uncle Buy me a Huge Kite & I'm so happy, We are living on Apartments & we Fly a kite on top floor of the building its 7th floor...I'm unable to control such a big kite as a Result My Huge Kite is Mixed up with another building "Dish" (No Cable TV this Time We called it "Dish") & My Kite is ripped...I'm so sad now...But still remember those days...Its 1997-1998 what a Time it was??? No PC & NO Internet for us but still we do so many things for joy...do you have similar memories??? why not you share??? have a nice day...Happy New Years to All...
Hello Tushavi! I do remember a kite that my grandparents kept at their house for me. They used to take me to parks to fly it around and I really enjoyed it but as time went by, the kite started to get damaged and my pop got rid of it. I wish I had a photo of it to remember because I can't really remember what it looked like. I guess the most favourite part for me was when the kite was finally in the sky because sometimes it can be such a challenge to get it up if the wind isn't working with you. Happy MyLotting. ~AussieGal~
@asliah (11149)
hi, yes,when i was a kid i think at the age of 10 to 13 i enjoyed to flies a kite,and because my brother know it well how he always did it and i only watched him while doing it,its relaxing when the kite is in the air and we control it.
@lady1993 (15637)
Yes, i still remember those days.. i flew a kite a few times when i was a kid. It is quite fun, but the kite did not fly so high since the wind wasn't very strong and there are planes that pass by our house so we have to keep them low.
@dreamhome (558)
You are right. Gone are the days when we had lots of fun in an offline and a non-digital world. I wonder if the kids of these age are having such enjoyment in their life at the same stage when we enjoyed the real fun of life. I have had great experiences flying the kite with my family members. We live in an independant house and so mostly we would go to the nearby beach to fly the kite. Those were golden moments and thanks for reminding me those time.
@bestboy19 (5482)
My father use to enjoy flying kites. He would buy one or two kite kits, assemble the kites and then we would go to a field near our house to fly the kites. I was never any good at it, but he was very good. He could make the kite go higher and higher and always had control of it. It was more a joy watching him fly the kite than flying it myself.
• Marikina, Philippines
I still don't know how to fly kites. My two brothers know how to fly kites. When I was a child, my uncle always created a kite for us. I didn't know how to fly those kites and so, I just watch my two brothers making their kite fly in the air.
@edvc77 (2143)
When I was a kid I used to fly kites with my siblings. Now that I have a son, I want him to experience to fly a kite one day. :-) I really like seeing the kite flies up in the air. It's cool. :-)
@williamjisir (22909)
Flying kites with Mom and Dad - It is a lot of fun to fly kites with Mom and Dad.
Hello Tushavi. When I was a small child, we childhood playmates made kites ourselves with newspaper, thread, bamboo pieces. It was a lot of fun. We played with our kites in the city open sports field. After my son was born, we made kites for him and later when there were kites on sale, we bought kites of different shapes for him to fly on the school track field. Now flying kites has become part of my memory. Happy New Year to you and thanks for the discussion.
@julyteen (13261)
• Davao, Philippines
One of my happiest memories when I was still a kid. My father made me a nice kite that lasted more than 2 years. I keep it and take care everytime me and my siblings play outside. Just like you, I also missed all those memories that been part of my growing up.
@silverfox09 (4727)
I fly kit very year when its kite time . Me and my fiance build our kite and go out and fly them . I still do a lot of our door activities on the weekend , I try to balance out life .
Well, I don't know how to fly kite and never experience how to make it fly... But my older brother and some childhood friends knows how to fly kites then and I was always there to watch it flying. Watching kites in the sky flying is so relaxing. There are some events like "kite feast" and me and my family love watching too many kites flying in the sky. There are super big and full of design and I always find it amazing that it can fly...
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
I honestly can say I never have. Many kids here in mexico used to have them, I never did. My son did a few times when we live din the usa. But I didnt. I do like to watch kids fly them.
@Asylum (47273)
• Manchester, England
It is so long since I flew a kite that it almost seems as though it was in another lifetime. It was probably the early 1960s and kites were very popular at the time. I never attempting flying one from a static point such as a building. We always went to the park so that we could run to create the lift for the kite until it reached a height were the wind would support it.
@911Ricki (13602)
I haven't flown a kite since I was a kid. I haven't thought of it as I get older, as I have more stress and responsibilities to deal with than going to fly a kite. I may write this on my list, and this summer take a friend out to have fun on a day.
@jaiho2009 (39079)
I did. But that was long long time ago. Maybe ten years or more when the last time I hold a rope and fly a kite. It's really fun and exciting to see how high can I manage to fly a kite. Maybe I can have a try one day ...with my kids.
@dragon54u (31339)
I remember having all kinds of fun flying kites when I was small. When I was married my husband bought a few kites, one of them a stunt kite that we could make to all kinds of fantastic flying. We and the children would go out when the wind was right--not often there in the desert!--and have a lot of fun flying them. I wrecked the kites a few times, everyone did, but it was fun to fix them and get them back in the air again! I have a lot of great memories of my childhood--no internet or television, just playing outside and visiting friends and family when we were not going to school or doing chores. Hours spent up in a tree in the backyard with a book and the breeze in my hair and bird song close by. I tried to give my children those same things even in the era of computers and they definitely benefited from it. You should get another kite and fly it. It's so fun and relaxing and a cheap way to have a day of fun and appreciate what a beautiful world God has given us.
@ElicBxn (60081)
My brother was the kite flyer, kind of a guy thing to do. He once built a box kite, it was VERY hard to launch, but once it was airborne it flew great, but broke on landing... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_kite He and I went out with the regular type kite and flew those many times, including a tiny one a friend made with balsa wood and clear plastic wrap, that was extremely hard to get airborne and didn't fly very well, but was pretty to look at. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fier_Drake_(1634_kite_woodcut).png The delta wing type kite only came around toward the end of my brother's kite flying career, and I don't remember him ever having one... well, maybe one... We generally had to go down to the school yard to get enough space to successfully fly a kite.
we had kites when we were little and hoola hoops and those flying saucers. I had lots of fun when I was a child not like this time of year.