I need to go food shopping..

But,adriain is not going to want me outside after being sick. plus,I am not in the mood to go out in that cold weather. I am going to take some time to think about what I will do. I could make a nice shopping list but that might not work. i like certain brands and he likes the store brands. I can't cook some of that stuff. Plus,he likes to buy so much snacks which I don't go for at all. so,I really have something to think about. I know my daughter won't be here to go for me.
@Arieles (2474)
There are only a few brands that I have to have. We don't eat much mayo, but I have to have miracle whip. I dislike the taste of real mayo. I don't mind using the store brands and in fact use a lot of Great Value items. I prefer to use some of the name brand items because when you look at the ingredients, they are better for you. I haven't been able to find a natural peanut butter in the store brand made with only peanuts. I also like to get some foods at the Dollar Tree. I did a little bit of shopping the other day, but I have my own vehicle and the store is only one mile away, so it's not much to get out there and get what few things we need. I haven't gone out of the house today and probably won't be going out again until Saturday unless I end up babysitting some time this week. We buy a few snacks, but I like to keep fruit in the house. I think snacking on popcorn and fruit is one of the best things I can do for their health. Well, I sure hope you get to go food shopping soon. You may have to break out the beans and rice.
I like real mayo and miracle whip as well. I like dollar tree for a lot of stuff as well. I bought all my cookie mix from dollar tree. I am looking for the chocolate peanut butter made by naturals. I also use walmart brand for anything. they are just as good as the real thing.
@Arieles (2474)
I got some brownie mix in December and it was pretty good from the Dollar Tree.
I never saw that in my store even though I might not buy it. adrain has never shown me he loves them.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
youd be surprised how may of a stores brands are actually the name brands. I saw it on dateline nbc once. Krafts, campblells soup and a few others make some of these off brands. So you are paying just for the name and label. Sure crazt isnt it? take care there..
I know that I saw it myself there are some that the stores are not making. like some of those corns and green peas you have to cook them longer just to be able to chew them. the bar b que sauce taste horrible and that makes the whole meal garbage.
• Mexico
Yes, sometimes that happens here as well. Take alook at a few canned goods. Youll be surprised as to who makes some of them. Have a great day there...
@Blondie2222 (21229)
I guess you're stuck in a rut then. I did some shopping today when I had to go to the pharmacy and get my medication, there's still some things I need but I will wait to get them when I'm feeling better because like you I don't want to go out in the cold weather either. You could have him go for a couple things you need and then when you get better you can go out and get the rest of the stuff you need later. Or wait til your daughter is home again to go shopping for you. Hope you are able to figure something out though.
I am going to be doing it with him. I am doing well these days and can bundle up to go shopping. kay came and left again.
@alberello (4755)
Well, if you're not well yet definitively, I, as a friend, I strongly advised not to leave the house. This especially now that she's getting cold! If Adrian buys things that are not to your liking, you should write a shopping list and appoint him (or another person, if available) and send  in the shops to buy. Then, having said that, how are you physically, only you know it, so from that you can see if you feel like leaving the house or not.
I would think about this because I can see something going wrong with that list. I have a shop near my house that I can go to for some meat and they might deliver it.
@911Ricki (13602)
I usually buy my usual brands, I do try new ones once in awhile. Just to say I tried it, and sometimes I do like it. I have to go grocery shopping as well, but dont have the money until payday in 2 weeks.
That sounds like aplan for you to work on. I might go and might not.
@911Ricki (13602)
I have been gathering my coupons so I can go shopping, but I found the iternational lane is so cheap at Walmart. So I;ve been shopping there, and paying $0.97 cents per meal. I have been saving $50 - $100 a month which I am so happy over.
what do you mean by international lane?
If you make the list, he should be able to abide by it. Just remind him of who wears the apron in the house. My boyfriend is fairly good at following a list. He knows not to intentionally stray from things if I am specific about an item. He knows that if he does, there is a good chance that I shall be unhappy... and will let him know that I am unhappy about it. So, he really does try hard to be me happy about such things; after all, I am the one who cooks. So, I am the one who knows what we have, what we need and how certain things will be used in dishes.
THis month he is to do most of the cooking. because I have been doing it all this time and I am tired. when he works I will cook.
Ah... I didn't realize that he would be doing a significant portion of the cooking. That makes my strategy a bit more difficult then. Here, I am the one who does the cooking. My boyfriend really should not be left to prepare things himself. He reminded me of that the other day when he put one of my fragile salad plates into the oven to heat a bagel; thankfully, I discovered what he had done before the oven heated up. *Sigh*
Just let him take you food shopping. I rarely buy name brands because its just paying for the name. The store brand is just as high quality as the name brand. Like mayonnaise, I buy the store brand. The generics are the same as many of the name brands. Fruit cocktail is fruit cocktail, no matter who puts it out. It's just a head thing for most people when they want to spend more for name brands. I've never bought a bad generic brand in all of my adult life.
Yur food taste is not the same as mine. I know fruit in the can only taste good by dell monte. I can not use other brands.
I dont really need to go out and get food like a whole stock up trip or anything but I do have a doctors appointment about 45 minutes from my house so after I am done there I will drive another 15 minutes to walmart and stock up on the few things we are out of then drive the hour back home. I hope you do get out to get what you need soon and start feeling better as well. As awful as I felt today I'm worried about going out tomorrow. My daughter was doing ok all day but shes like me at night she fills up with phlem. She went to bed at 7:30 and by about 8:50 she coughed so hard she threw up.
I hope the both of you get better soon because that is not a good feeling at all.
@asliah (11149)
hi, in the house actually my younger sister is the one who will go to the market to buy some food for stock in a week but when she is not feeling well or feel lasy during that day,i usually go to buy or shop for food stocks at home.in the house if who are the most free will be the one who go in market.
@Pegasus72 (1901)
I know I don't like to shop when I am sick, but other then my knee hurting and bing tired I have been ok. I push through shopping knowing I can rest the next day, or at least hope I can.
I do think that you have a good point with the store brands to a certain extent. I have found in my own life that it is a lot of trial and error when you are deciding which store brands that you like and which ones that you don't like at all. That said, I cannot stand to let anyone in the world do my grocery shopping for me. If I need to go shopping for food, I will wait until I'm able to go for myself, even if it means that I can't go to the store until midnight.