I have an interview Friday

@911Ricki (13602)
The manager called back just now, asked a few questions. She didn't seem too smart though. She said your available 5am - 3pm, and I go no 5am - 9am (which is a busy time), 3pm - 11pm certain days, and midnights certain days. She was sitting there kept say ummm, oh, ummm. But said to go in for an interview Friday morning, as she is booked up tomorrow full (thank god as I have my iron infusion). But I have 8 years experience with the company, and we will see. As soon as I get off the phone my Mother goes why are you getting your dress pants out, and I said I have an interview. She goes well you cant get another job, you work 3 job as it is, volunteering, and infusions. I just rolled my eyes, I need the money and want out of here. I am not getting anywhere with the 3 jobs I have, so I am taking steps to go forward. If that means getting minor amounts of sleep like I did, I use to work over 86 hours in a week.
@silverfox09 (4727)
Ricki you sound like areal hard worker and go getter . Good for you , I hope everything go well . We have to take opportunity as they come because there is a not a lot going around now .
@911Ricki (13602)
Exactly, I am hoping it's not full time nights, I don't want those anymore. I am hoping this week is just for training. She did mention about 2 night shifts a week, and 2 afternoon shifts a week.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
omg, now she going to tell you have to run your life? NOt. You put up with all of them there, and maybe she will tell you next what you can eat? Not. Girl get that job, make money and get the heck out of there.
@911Ricki (13602)
It's a job for now, not that I will keep it for the rst of my life. But I need to make steps to save money, and get my own place. It wont happen if I sit at home, and wait for a job to hit me in the face.
@Blondie2222 (22211)
Well don't overdue yourself working so much your body needs sleep too. If you don't sleep it will cause you to get sick and you don't want that. But good luck with your interview I hope you get the job so you can get money to move out of your place because I know you really want too. Let us know how it goes.
@911Ricki (13602)
I ended up getting hired on the spot, only issue is they first said it was afternoons so I was excited (I could do my seasonal job at night - it's less work, and stress). They called back and said they changed it to nights, for Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday this week. I don't know if this is for training or if it's regular. She did say something on the phone about doing 2 midnight shifts a week, and 2 afternoon shifts a week, which would still be full time hours, and work for me.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
She seems concerned but going about it in a bad way, and making it sound more as if she's telling you what you can and can't do. If you feel you can do then do it, you've done it before you can do it again. Once you do get out and stable do you think there will ever be a time you can quit one of the jobs so you have more free time?
@911Ricki (13602)
I figure even do nights for now, and then even May when my seasonal job comes into play. But it's the hassle of finding another job once the season ends. I estimated I need at least minimum $2,800 a month (if I have the place paid off in full), per month if I owned it.
@BarBaraPrz (20126)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You can always have a power nap during your iron infusion... Seriously, though, you do need to get enough sleep if you're going to work several jobs. You don't want to get run down and not be able to work at all. Saying that, I wish you luck.
@911Ricki (13602)
I am trying not to go on nights, I will tell the lady tomorrow I perfer the 5am - 9am, or 3pm - 11pm certain nights. I can work my seasonal job into the night, it's not as stressful and run you off your feet. Last summer I worked a few nights into the wee hours, and was fine waking up at 8am the next morning, getting off at 4am.
@BarBaraPrz (20126)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You never did tell me what your seasonal job is.
@911Ricki (13602)
Oh, I work on a work farm.
Oh, I thought that you were trying to replace one of the jobs that you have right now, I didn't realize that you were trying to get a fourth job. I have to say that you are a much stronger woman than I am. When I was younger I did work two jobs at a time and though I loved it, I also know that it was something that really did bring me down a lot. I could handle working 60 hours a week at the same job, but working several jobs is more difficult in my opinion because you have to wear several different hats.
@cobalt20 (1321)
I wish you a good luck for your interview and hopefully get a job. I am still finding job here in my country.
@911Ricki (13602)
Thank you, fingers and toes crossed. I wish you luck in your job search, with the economy as it is it has been so hard.
That's great that you have an interview. Many people need work right now, and you need to take whatever you can get. If you can get something better than what you have, aim for that.
@TazRes (827)
Oh my goodness, please be careful not to work to much; your health is more important...I would also like to say you are truly blessed to have 3 jobs when there are so, so many people looking for work. I myself have been out of work for 3 months now due to the company I worked for have closed and moved out of state. Good luck on your interview.
@911Ricki (13602)
Sadly, the cost of living is a lot higher than I make. So sometimes we have to sacrifice things, to be able to support ourselves with the basics.
@lilybug (21148)
Good luck on your interview Friday! I hope you get the job, but don't over do it with the working. I know you need the money, but you need to keep an eye on your health as well.
@911Ricki (13602)
I will be telling her tomorrow that I perfer the early morning shift, or the afternoon certain days. My seasonal job is very laid back and unstressful that I have numerous times worked into the wee hours, and got up early the next morning. Even if I work 5am - 9am 7 days a week, or 3pm - 11pm 4 days I am full time hours.