My mothers visiting nurse came today.

My mother's fingers are curled under her palm like she is handicapped. This was going on from the time she was in the hospital. now,I told you already about her face turning to one side and her not being able to talk. I told her then she was having a stroke. well,that went away by time the doctor came to see her. then today,her nurse came and saw her in that condition and the nurse told her she needs to speak to her doctor because that is a sign of a stroke. I was so upset and could not even cry or I would hurt my mother. I kept telling her this all along. She is still dizzy and can't fully function. I went to mop and sweep her house. she is such a clean freak and she has a cat and does not want cat hair around her house. well,that is all I swept up because there was not one speck of trash on the floor. she is just crazy when it comes to house keeping. if she had more than one animal she might never sleep. lol. I hope nothing else happens to my mother.
@laken02 (3067)
thinking of you and praying your mom gets better .. i know its very hard .. i do hope she gets the medical help she needs before it gets worse.. i bet you are a great house keeper too . i lost my dad in 1999 to an brain annerismn.. he did live six years with it and afterwards became a christian and gave his life to the Lord.. which was a blessing to us all.. i still miss him to this day :) take good care of your mom..
@NailTech (6890)
Oh that must be so worrying to have something like that happen to your mom. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. You're doing a great job of keeping after her house. Keep us posted on her recovery.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Wow you told me about the anal infection but you didn't mention about her mouth twisting or her curled fingers....I certainly hope she is better by now...How is seh doing now and did her fingers straighten out....does she still have a visiting nurse???
Be strong my friend, your mom will be fine. She just need to have physiotherapy services to prevent joint contractures, the nurse can range of motion exercises with proper care. Stay sweet to your lovely mother.
@Cutie18f (9563)
It is obviously a stroke. I wonder why she does not listen to anyone. I hope she has gone to see a doctor by now. I heard a stroke is very dangerous.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
I always felt the same as you. but some day we will wake up and our mothers will be gone. Make sure you are there for her. My mom had cancer passed a year or so ago. I miss her so much everyday..
The doctor at the hospital should have pursued that and fully examined her to see if she'd suffered a stroke and what damage had been done. She should also have been sent for physical therapy. At some point, she is going to have to be living with someone or be in a facility where she can have round-the-clock care. However, it takes a lot of research and a certain assertiveness to navigate the world of nursing homes.
@Blondie2222 (22595)
I'm sorry to hear about your mother, hopefully she will seek her doctor and get the care that she needs to get better. My prayers will be with you and your family in this tough time. That was nice of you to help your mother out a bit with keeping her house clean, I'm sure she appreciates that. Good luck
hi gifts are they working with her to offset the symptoms of stroke as a lot can be done if i ts done soon enough .It was told to me the first signd should be cared for at once so am surprised they have not done more for her to minimize the effects .My mom had a stroke and she fully recovered but she had care immediately which is the key . I hoe they can help your mom. this must be tough for you. Have you any one there with you as that could help like bjc or Adrian or even Kaykay. You need a buddy right now I think..well imagine I am sitting there all my large body but I am hugging you and telling you it will g et better so hope it helps. love hatley here.