It's hard to date when others don''t like your mate..

I am glad I don't have this problem with my man. I know when we first got together it was a problem for some people. I was told he is trying to control my life. and now that every one can see that he is just worried about me because of my health they all just love him. My mother and sister always say such good things about how he is a good man. my brother loves how he takes good care of me an all the good things he has done for my mother. I know some people who are dating and their parents don't approve of the female they are with. I say live your life because they don't have to live with her you do. It can be hard to hear people say such harsh things as well. but,get over it and be happy for yourself.
It is difficult. I had a girlfriend that had parents that didn't approve of me. It was a very annoying feeling when you get rejected by your partner's parents. I really loved the girl but I know we couldn't be together in the long run because her parents didn't like me at all. That's why I also hate superficial people. I take a moment to know someone, and I'm sure most people do. I can't believe, though, that some people take a few minutes to look you in the face and "quickly" tell who you are. I bet most of the time, they get other people misinformed, even those that they tell about.
I know people who look at others like this n it does not feel good at all. I know once when I was with wayne his father loved me nd his mother did not want him to be faithful to one girl at our age. his father told him before her passed to find me and marry me. he told me this after we found each other years later. I was happy to know his father.
No one has anything bad to say about my boyfriend. My mother likes him and, for whatever reason, he likes her; I really don't know how that one works, since they have so very little in common. My friends like my boyfriend. My two closest friends, unfortunately, have not met him in person. However, they like what they know of him from afar. Most importantly, though, my cats have adopted him. He is their Daddy. They have him wrapped around their little paws--just as it should be.
That is just how it should be in life. we should laugh and enjoy each other. I am glad you have him as well. take care.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
It would definitely be hard but I don't have that problem Thank God. My parents adore my hubby. He is a good man who treats me right. We started out as friends and it developed into more one day 24 years ago. I believe God gave me the right man the second time around because I got so royally screwed the first time around.
That is just great and I am glad to know your happy this many years later. this is all I want for myself too. thanks
This is something that really bothers me as well. I will never be like this someday to my kids. I might tell them that I don't like who they are with but I will never tell them that I don't want them to date them or anything like that. We all need to experience our own things and make our own choices. Scott told me for along time that he couldn't tell his parents about us because they would never accept him being with someone who had kids from a previous marriage. So when he finally did have me meet them he told me after we split up that he knew he just couldn't have a relationship with me because his parents didn't approve. Wow so a 30 year old man cant date someone because his parents don't approve what a mama's boy. The guy I am with now I don't know if we wind up staying together a long time or what is going to go on. I'm sure there will be people who will tell me he isn't a good person to date because of this or that but I will find out for myself. I don't need others telling me expecting me to listen to them and stay away. If he was in a relationship with someone else and it didn't work out doesn't mean it wont work out for him and I.
That must mean the world to him to know you would even take a stand for him like that. I know anyone who did not like adrain would just not like him. as long as I am happy who cares..
I tend to feel like true love is able to endure all challenges that it has to go through. However, I also feel like there are times that our family members and friends are able to see something in our partner that we are blind to because of the fact that we are in love with those people. That said, I do think that if a relationship is meant to be, it will be able to endure the questioning stares of those people that are the closest to us.
Oh, Gifts, you have no idea how tricky this can be for me. A while back I've had many disagreements with my family about my boyfriend. He's indeed harmless and would do nothing to hurt me. I love him to pieces, but seeing as though my mother often says and I quote; "You could do a hell of a lot better, Tia!" I just cringe and hang my head. He doesn't come around because I'm afraid of the public humiliation he'd endure. He also wants to make amends with them; seeing as though he wants to marry me in the near future (Once we get our lives together). It's embarrassing to admit, but I'm not ashamed anymore, but he's my first. I can't enjoy myself with him when I know in the back of my mind that my family has qualms against it. I didn't fall in love with him because he's rich (he's not). Nor did I fall in love with him because of his looks. (He's not Ryan Gosling, but he's cute to me) I fell in love with him because of his heart. He's honest, he's sweet, he supports me in whatever I do and he loves me for who I am. I've mentioned that I would not let this bother me in the new year and five days into it, I realized that I'm getting older and can't worry about how someone feels about this. This is my life and I'm going to be with him. I'm going to be happy, regardless of who says what!