What did you do today?

@NailTech (6890)
I wasn't really planning to go out much today but we ended up going to Costco, then three dollar stores. In Costco I was happy to get alot of fruit cause we have been quite out of that for awhile. I picked up alot of apples, strawberries and blueberries. Then mom wanted her little danishes and a coffee cake. So I am in Costco heaven right now. I am glad I went. Dad then brought us to three dollar stores. I only got this one small bottle of "semi permanent" greyish black eye liner and a bottle that turns soap and water into a foam ( it works with my shampoo I used with it). I told my brother about the fruit and he said he would try some blueberries. I was surprised cause I never see hime ating those. When we came back from te dollar stores he said he ate some strawberries. I'm surprised he found those cause there wasn't much room in the fridge and I had to stash them in my salad drawer. They are huge! I was thinking of making some into some fresh jam but now I wonder if I could stuff them with something like chocolate or even whipped cream. Yummy. I just wish they were organic but they're not. Also we got some mini cream puffs but I don't eat much of those, they get them almost every time and oh the cheese burgers mom didn't get last time and she loves. I think it was all too much for my dad today cause he didn't feel well this evening and went to bed earlier. He has something wrong with that stomach of his for a long time now and doesn't tell the, at the VA hospital or otherwise they don't tell him anything. :( Overall though it was a good day except for that and at one time my brother yelling at my dad! Good old weekend drama with him as usual. I hope that didn't make my dad sick, as it stresses me out when my brother screams at ME, too. My mom even said today that she wants to go somewhere else on the weekends (cause of those out bursts) and I was like, I have been saying that for a long time now. Other than yelling at others lately he has been half way decent to 'me' ever since he shaved his head, ha. Knock on wood. What did you do today?
@911Ricki (13602)
Maybe, he is going through a mid life crisis - has he ever lived away from home?. I wish fruit was in season here, I been wanting strawberries. But there isn't any good, they are usually rotten and pay $8.99 for a little container of them. It could be stressing causing the issues, I know for me it does. I know that feeling of just wanting out, I am like that now I just want out, and move on with my life in a new year.
@NailTech (6890)
Never lived away from home and he has always been this way for his whole life. Even as a child he would go on these anger rampages, once he chased me over a fence and other time he smashed my eye with a bucket. He must be stressed every weekend then. He could use alittle counseling or anger management. I'm afraid he is going to have a stroke one day wit this temper of his. I have no idea when fruit is in season or when it isn't here, just pick it up if the price is 'right'. I know there have been half the size of the blueberries in the groceries stores here going for $4.99 or $5.99 which is ridiculous and so I think we got a good deal on that at $6.99 for a leeeeeeeast twice as much.
@911Ricki (13602)
Mybe, that is his problem, I find my brother is the same way but he doesn't pay anything himself, he doesn't know that responsibility. My younger brother is the same, he has punched me so hard it shifted my nose. That is pretty decent in the summer here when they are in season they are $1.99 - $3.99. Now they are more than I would even consider. I went to COSTCO a few years back with a friend who had a membership, I got a thing of raspberries, they were so good. Sadly, here you need a $50 a year (this was afew years ago I am sure it went up), and it's a 45 minutes drive for me one way. Today I was suppose to meet an older coworker for cofffee, but she ditched me for her new boyfriend. I went shopping, got some groceries. I had to walk the dog's I petsit for and feed them dinner, I have been home relaxing wondering if I still have this job or not.
@NailTech (6890)
I heard a guy on TV recently say that in order for him to deal with stress better the marines or navy ( I forget which now) helped him with it. I guess it could happen. He has never served there though or in any type of service. Maybe he should have. I took some of the blueberries and froze them as I'll never be able to finish all those berries within a decent amount of time before they go bad. This way they will be all put to good use. I wanted to put them in a blueberry loaf or muffins but we have so much junk food here right now. I ate some in my yogurt though for breakfast this morning, yummo! OMG he punched you in the nose that hard and shifted your nose? That is disgusting. He should really have gone to anger management or something. He is dangerous, hitting a girl wow. What a coward. Was he a child when he did that? Yes, Costco is a membership club and you do have to pay a membership fee every year. Luckily the drive isn't that far, Walmart is kind of farther away than what I'm used to and I can only get there maybe once a year. It's 20 minutes but on the highway. No biggie but sometimes it's hard to get a parking space there too. Sounds like you had a full day.
You make me so jealous! I wish I had strawberries, blueberries, cream puffs of any size, and such. My dad had 'stomach troubles' and the VA misdiagnosed him. He actually had pancreatic cancer and if the VA docs had diagnosed him correctly he could be in remission right now. It still angers me when I think of it. I hope your dad will speak to the VA docs about his 'stomach troubles'. I have just been Mylotting today. Up about an hour now.
@NailTech (6890)
Ha, no intention to make anyone jealous. This is just a once a month kind of thing we have and probably not every month for long. Depending on money situations. They didn't have those blueberries last time I went and I was so disappointed. I wasn't gonna buy a container of them half the size or less for $5. at the grocery stores here. Way toooo much. I have a few more blueberry bushes now so hopefully if I have the right circumstances for them they will produce some berries. That VA hospital has messed up another friend of mine's father's health too, he had cancer and they didn't find it in time either. Sad. You would think they would be more caring of our Vets! Makes me so angry too.
Just kidding on the jealousy thing. They obviously need better doctors in the Vets Hospitals.
@NailTech (6890)
Yep they do. I wonder how they get away with this and avoid lawsuits?!
Hi NailTech, reading your discussion seriously made me hungry! I think you should have a food blog Anyway, what I did today was clean my room because I wasn't able to clean it for a couple of days now. And later I am thinking of cooking some pasta for dinner since I got this new recipe from an old friend and I would love to try it.
@NailTech (6890)
I wish I could do a food blog. I have no idea on how to write one of those. I'm just not that good of a writer but thank you. It is nice to have that clean room, the carpet in here really needs a deep steam cleaning but no way to get that done it seems. I might end up having to get some new carpeting or just go without it. I like hard wood floors, but they can be slippery. One day I knew of fell and injured herself badly on a hard wood floor.
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
Nothing much. I watched a film, read a bit, updated my goodreads account... that's it for today.
@NailTech (6890)
Sometimes simple is easier than doing alot of things at once. A film and reading with updating an acct on goodreads sounds fine to me.
Tonight I will be going grocery shopping and also to Walmart. I am trying my best not to spend a lot of money, but I know I need food and at walmart I need to get a couple of notebooks so I can do my homework. I love shopping at the Dollar Tree as well and have tried other Dollar stores, but Dollar Tree is a true Dollar Store. I have to look and see if we need anything from Costco or Sam's Club (I usually buy toilet paper and paper towels in bulk) and will go next week. Tomorrow I get to play a fun game called "Let's Clean House" which will take a couple of hours. I also need to put away my Christmas stuff and one day next week Randy will have to go to storage and put the stuff away.
@NailTech (6890)
We put the Christmas things away already, sadly. I would have loved to keep them up a few weeks after Christmas but oh well. It is done. Cleaning house is something I try to do alittle of everyday, sometimes there is just more to do than other days. We buy al of those things like paper products, etc. there too.
I would like to ask if next time you could break this in paragraphs. I can only read out one eye and following this was so hard for me. thanks for understanding. I went to bj's last night and bought a huge bag of oranges,apples,and onions. I love them so much. I like to make onions in a pan and eat ti by itself. I like the dollar store her called dollar tree. it is the only real dollar store around. I find organic foods to be very nasty. like the juice is gross to me. I don't know the difference between organic fruits though
@NailTech (6890)
Sorry, I was trying to get it all in one paragraph, my writing skills aren't that great anymore. Sigh of old age I'd imagine.