Trolls are brave behind the keyboard.

I was wondering why my little friend has not been posting on mylot. well,I got a call from her today ad she was very sad. She told me that someone wrote her a nasty tag telling her to go back to facebook. she does not deserve to be treated this way. I knew it when I said,it before new users will not want to come back any more if this was to happen to them. this child did not do anything to bother this person. she only came here to post and have fun. she was doing that till the no good troll remarked on her tags. i think this needs to stop or more people are going to leave. Some people don't like to be violent but a person like this would be beat if they lived near me and tried this. they need to be beat for the abuse they cause others to feel. tag this all you want scum bag.
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
For as long as I have been here, I have never noticed such behaviour from other members. What happened suddenly and those mean tags appeared? I haven't seen any myself but I remember that you had another incident a few days ago. Can the admin find where they come from and warn the user who makes the tags? I wouldn't like to see mylot becoming one of those sites with users bullying each other and being mean. Everyone is being so kind until now and I think that some measures should be taken now that it's early.
Well,I am sure they are working on it from my posts that is. I will call my friend and ask her to come back.
Who in the world is doing this?? First it happened to you and now another person...What is going on? And why are they only doing this to certain people here? I do not understand it at all. It is so wrong and they should be found and stopped. Your right, if they keep doing this more people will leave! =( That is not what most of us want here. That is really sad. If I were you I would tell her not to let that person bother her. Let her know it happened to you too, and don't take it personally. It's just a stupid person that has nothing better to do with themselves!
I understand being hurt easily, I was the same way when I first came here and was basically attacked by someone, which is why this is my second account here (My first was LittleAngelsPreschool). Before I came back I told myself that I will not allow anyone else to make me feel that way or take me away from somewhere I love. Mean people are everywhere I have learned, as hard as that is to deal with I had to. I hate that people think its amusing to be mean sometimes. I hope she comes back, no one should let anyone else take them from somewhere they like to be, I had to learn that the hard way.
She is not back yet and I am not sure ever.
It might take a while gifts, it took me 8 months before I wanted to come back here... =(
hi gifts yes thats really cowardly and my lot admins has told us to to do that. Report it t o the admins telling them whose discussion it was on and they will delete it for your young friend.That was certainly uncalled for, what a bully.Poor lady wish she would come back and we could all make her feel welcome again.
I am going to call her back later and talk to her. I feel bad for her.
Yeah, I think Akex can get to the root of all this and maybe get rid if a troll to boot!
@BabyCheetah (1913)
The thing about trolls is that they are nice and safe behind the computer. They couldn't tell it to anyones face because they are sad and pathetic. I don't feel sorry for them though as there is no excuse for cyber bullying not even if they are having troubles in their lives
I feel the same way and I sure hope my friend comes back soon. Thanks for caring.
Have her report it to GoAskAlice. He can see who is tagging her and get their account deleted or suspended or whatever. That's sad. U hope she will just ignore and keep on posting. I don't think we should take mylot!s trolls too seriously. The more you engage with them the more they will try to bother you. Ignoring them and reporting them us the right thing to do, I think Gifts.
I will talk to her right now and tell her to ignore them. I saw more on my posts and just let it go. I wish this could just stop already.
@winterose (39921)
beating? your answer to is fight abuse with abuse. Doesn't make a bit of sense.
I would not care about that I know I am not the one to allow people wo walk all over me and i do nothing. I am so tired of this person I wish I could see them I would beat them down to the ground and not let them go till the police come. there are people in this world so darn wicked that only a good azz whooping will teach them who to mess around with. and I am the perfect person for it. that goes for anyone who feels they can treat me like last nights trash. I beat plenty of people who messed with me and they knew not to again after that.
@winterose (39921)
You would get arrested for assault because you hit the person they did not hit you first and guess what they win again, Violence is never the answer except in self defense.
@911Ricki (13602)
I have had a feww people post type of tags, and had a few members messaging me telling me about them. I agree, they are just hiding behind it, as you can't see who posted them, whereas a response you can. I would just ignore them, and carry on they may not like her posts, or responses or whatever, but some do. I think if all of us listened to those tags, or even responses noone would be here.
Well,I am sure your not leaving and you already know I am not leaving. so they lost.. I will call my friend right now and tell her to come back to.
@911Ricki (13602)
It's not worth the hassle, and loss of fun, and money here over a few people. I think some simple are here for the money, and seriousness of it. They don't want it to be personal like our posts, more to the basics, to get that money, and not care about it.
@trisha27 (3505)
Wow, this tagger troll is still at it. This is crazy, I wonder what kind of joy do they get out of this by tagging mean tags on people's discussions. I really hope they find out who it is and get them off the site. Because you are so right, they are just going to start running people off of this website. I hope that your friend comes back and tell her not to worry about it, did you report the tags to mylot admin? I hope so. These people care about no one but themselves is what it seems like and what kind of thrill do they get out of it anyway.
@robspeakman (1705)
When a person enters the online world, they really need to make sure they have a thick skin - a very thick skin. Once online you have the potential of interacting with BILLIONS and all these are not gong to be lovely, nice or well adjusted. It would be naive to think that way. I honestly don't understand how people allow a stranger and their comments to affect them. When I go on Twitter and some HALFWIT makes a comment such as "IF YOU DON'T LOVE JUSTIN, THEN YOU SHOULD DIE" - These wastes of sperm deserve to be told that they are IDIOTS and open themselves up to Trolling - And I gladly do so, because that is my right when encountering a FOOL I do feel sorry for your friend and I hope that site Admin can help
@asliah (11149)
hi, that was really bad if someone will tell that,because even me i also get hurt emotionally because i will feel annoy or piss out to that person,he really discouraged your friend,if that will happen to me i will report that user so he will surely ban here.
We will probably never know why someone chose to do something like this to your friend and likewise we will not know who it was that made these comments to this young girl. I don't think that it is ever right when people decide to troll on other people and though I will say in some ways I do feel like I am a stalker at times (following my friends around that site and commenting on the discussions that they've started), I would never intentionally do something to hurt another person.
@shante2 (338)
Hey, I think that this is wrong as well, We come to mylot to have fun posting and talking and getting familiar with others. i think that by saying rid things to others aint right and this is certainly not the place to do it, Mylot already stated that we should not leave those types of comments, if we don't have nothing nice to say we need to carry on bout our business .!!!:(
@Blondie2222 (21399)
I'm sorry this has happened to your friend and now she doesn't want to come back to the site. There are good people on this site she just came across a few bad ones. Can't these type of people be reported to mylot and have them banned from the site? I would have her look into this and hopefully when she does decide to come back she won't have to deal with this same issue again.
@jakonjas (10)
• Slovenia
Trolls really are brave behing the keyboard.I bet the people that say this kinda things are somekinda covards.
@sid556 (31006)
you already got all the good advice you need on this one. I hope you follow through and get your friend to come back and report the abuse. I don't understand wasting time to be mean to someone. If you disagree, there is always a nice way to word it and if not then it is easy just to walk away. No need to hurt another human being. There is enough hurting in this world without adding to it.
@jenny1015 (13390)
Really? That is such a shame on that person. Why would he/she make a big deal out of the discussions being posted here? Maybe that member just lacks attention. Please tell your friend to not mind who ever it was . I am sure that if that abusive member keeps on making posts or comments that are below the belt, he would be throuwn out of Mylot for good!
Hello giftsandbags, Just report them and the user that you think put it there. some people are just nuts and nothing else to do but bully others on the net. to be honest, words can't really hurt you if you let it hurt you. most specially if that person doesn't really know you. if you fight them back, the troll wins, reporting it to the admin and let them deal with it is the best way to handle trolls. as for neg raters, that's probably something we have to get used to.
@CTHanum (8254)
With fake usernames anyone will have chance to do the good and bad things and I feel sad that they choose to use it to hurt others rather than help them. But I hope your friend don't feel bad towards it and don't let herself down just because of it. Don't take it too much as there are much more cruel things out there and be strong. Just believe on herself and let go all the bad words.
@AidaLily (1450)
They always are. I remember almost quitting at one point when responding to a somewhat controversial discussion, I was told to go kill myself not long after I joined but I didn't. I just took a few hours and within that time wondered how messed up their life must be to tell someone to kill themselves for not agreeing. Needless to say, I might be super stubborn for continuing to post after that, but hey I've heard/read worse. I just let it go now. I would just talk to her and tell her that not everyone here is like that and it is a pretty fun site to meet people and have a large variety of conversations. Hopefully she decides to come back. :)