I love my mechanic

Oh if my husband would see this he would really start to question our relationship. But not to fear, yes, I do love my mechanic as a friend since he and I have been friends for years and years. In fact, he is my ex-boyfriend. However, what this discussion is really about is the fact that he has saved me a lot of money. For example with the part that had to be replaced on my car where I got the wrong part, I found out that the dealership would have charged me between 400-500 dollars. My mechanic charged me only 40 dollars plus the part (five dollars). Though I've become more of a hard person when it comes to loaning money to people this year, I have no qualms with giving him a temporary loan on future work needed for my car. I know that he is good for the labor and unfortunately there are quite a few things that need to be done on my car. Right now I need upper spark plug seals, a new clutch and new brakes in the near future. Waiting for tax money and then we will get it done. Do you have someone that you can really trust to get work done for you, especially on your car? I can tell you from first hand experience that it really is something that will save you hundreds of dollars when you need work done on your vehicle.
@bounce58 (17524)
There were some new responses to an old discussion of mine about me hating used cars, and the stress I've gone through with my van. So this topic is still sensitive for me. I wish I knew a good mechanic! Then I wouldn't have to go through all the trouble with my van. I'm thinking of replacing the van this year. If I had a mechanic, then I could just go for pre-owned one and save money instead of getting a brand new vehicle.
It really is a shame that you don't live close to me because if you did I would recommend my mechanic to you. He does great work and there are even times that he will travel to do a job where he really isn't making much money at all.
@bounce58 (17524)
Sounds like a great person!
He really is. I know that he's been through a lot in his life, but those obstacles have only made him a better person than he was to start with.
@savypat (20247)
For us a person who can be trusted to maintain our car is worth his weight in gold. We always return to him for service, knowing he knows we are not able to afford great car expenses. We try to be proactive rather then have to deal with emergencies when it comes to the car.
I too am trying to be proactive when it comes to my car. I mean I will have owned my car for the past ten years in the middle of March so I realize that there are quite a few usual maintenance things that need to be done with my car and I'm having Donnie do them a little bit at a time. You know he is my friend first but I do feel like he is worth his skinny body's weight in gold because he will literally drop everything to get something done for me and for Tom on his classic project car.