Peppermint Syrup

@911Ricki (13602)
I got asked the other day when I was at McDonalds getting a free hot chocolate if I wanted peppermint in it. I thought why not let's try it, I absolutely loved it. They don't sell it in store here, so I was looking online. I found two companies one being Starbucks, and the other another company. One is 1Liter for $9.95, and 750mL for $7.95.
I dont like peppermint at all. I believe though that you can buy peppermint extract in the baking section of some stores along with the spices. I think I have some in my fridge from making cookies with it before. I have only used it the one time. Its been in there gosh probably a few years lol. I wonder if its even any good still.
@911Ricki (13602)
I may check thaat tomorrow when I go to Walmart, I have never seen it though.
What a nice suggestion! Vanilla extract with some sugar is good I use that in mine sometimes.
@911Ricki (13602)
I never thought of that either, but it may be too sweet. But if I can find the peppermint in store it may be cheapier.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I would jut get a bag of peppermints and let the peppermint melt in the hot chocolate.. Same effect, cheaper.
@911Ricki (13602)
I tried that, and also candy canes but didn't taste the same. I assume the fakeness in it.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
It makes me wonder how it tastes then. Have you thought of trying peppermint creamer instead? I know it's hot cocoa but still...
@911Ricki (13602)
They don't make peppermint creamers here. I even emailed a few companies that make the creamiers but nothing.
@echoforever (5192)
I haven't even heard of this. Peppermint in coffee sounds great but I"ve also tried schnapps in it... what a nice treat. I'm sure you'll enjoy having some of your own to mix it.
@911Ricki (13602)
I really like coffee and hot chocoalte with peppermint in it. It's a little treat for me, I guess we all have out preferrences.
I'm glad (and I bet you are too) that you tried this!
During the Christmas season when they offer the peppermint mocha and peppermint hot chocolate at McDonald's I have to say that is one of my very favorite treats. However, it is something that you are only able to get during certain times of the year and there is only one place that I can think of where I've ever seen peppermint syrup. I will give you a suggestion of something that works wonderfully is to drop a peppermint disc into your hot chocolate and let that dissolve into your drink. It tastes wonderful as well.
@911Ricki (13602)
I got the peppermint in my hot chocoalte from mcdonalds and loved it. I tried the dropping the peppermint in but it doesn't taste the same even candy cane. A few suggested walmart in the baking section might have it, so I have to go today, and look while I do my other shopping.
@NailTech (6890)
Yummy, now I want it. They must use fresh peppermint to make the syrup if the candy tastes fake. I have never liked peppermint much but lately I like everything.
@911Ricki (13602)
I was never a fan of peppermint either, but I really liked this the other day. I am not sure how they make it, but it gives off a medium taste of peppermint, and doesn't taste like the candies though.
That is good and I think I would like something like this as well. I love peppermint too,
@trisha27 (3498)
Ooh, it would be nice to get a hold of some peppermint syrup. I like the peppermint taste in my drinks like hot chocolate and coffee. I will have to see about ordering it for myself. That sounds so good though right now. Being that its cold and all.