Panini Maker?

@911Ricki (13602)
Another MyLotter always talks about this machine she got for Christmas, I;ve been looking for one, but no place had them. I think I finally found one at Walmart, I will be putting it on my list. Not something I need right away, but something I wouldn't mind having. I love making different sandwhich my favourite peanut butter, chocolate, banana, and marshmallow. But I have found some good recipes online, I normally use a frying pan, but never heats right through, this machine claims to heat right through. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/salton-stainless-steel-panini-grill/10044176?trail=&fromPLP=true&ancestorID=&searchString=&moduleName=&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=&addFacet=
@NailTech (6890)
They are good to have. If I ever come across a unused one at a garage sale or estate sale I will buy one too. I love contraptions like that. I'm a kitchen appliance fiend, LOL. Good luck with saving for it, I hope you get it eventually. I like the grilled type of look it has also after you make the sandwhich. Heating through is always a big plus, as it's supposed to be that way. The peanut butter, etc sandwhich you make sounds yummy.
You can buy them for a good price. They are $38 at Walmart. I would be we throw mine away in a yard sale. U can't imagine anyone throwing theirs away.
@911Ricki (13602)
I am hoping to have it by next month, I am saving for my corningware dishes this month then will work o the panini maker. I also saw some other appliances I want such as a donut maker, and brownie maker. But the panini maker is only $43 with tax which isn't bad. I wish they had white though to go with my other white appliances.
@Pegasus72 (1901)
There are some really nice ones out there that can be also a grill by flipping the tiles, which makes it more versatile. This is one Item I do not have but my George foreman can do the same job without putting out money for a new machine.
@911Ricki (13602)
I may look into that, but I heard they are hardier to clean, and many have trouble with it.
@Pegasus72 (1901)
we have a grill/griddle that flip from wolf gang puck and we love it matter of fact this is the third one we have owned. Our foremen doesn't take long to clean and I am sure the one I was referring to which is the Cuisinart one would be just as easy to clean.
@911Ricki (13602)
I will have to look into them, and debate which one would be better for myself. There are just so many out there now a days.
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I have one. At first we used it for sandwiches but now we use it more for meat. Because you are cooking both sides at the same time it only takes about 10 minutes to cook a piece of meat. My daughter uses it to heat up frozen chicken burgers, it's faster than using the toaster oven or broiler. Clean-up isn't that easy but I recently decided to use my new cleaning product - vinegar. It cleans so easily with vinegar. So it cooks faster, no flipping required, and it's easy for the young ones to use. Love it when they can make their own grilled cheese sandwiches.
@911Ricki (13602)
I would of never thought of that, I will have to try that when I get it. I only usually cook for myself. I use vinegar to clean everything so this is perfect. Does the vinegar damage it in anyway?.
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
No, vinegar does not damage it. If you are going to cook meat you have to make sure you don't overcook it or it will dry out. I like to marinate my meat so it will be moist, but you will have that juice burn up on the grill. That's where the vinegar comes in - makes for easy clean-up.
@911Ricki (13602)
Good to know, I may invest in one, and some vinegar . I love my meat nice a juicey, I don't eat a lot of it, but when I do.
Her frequent mentions of the panini press has made me think more about getting one. However, I think that is one of those things that I will hold off on until I know what we are doing and when. Maybe, one of these days, I will be in one place long enough to have a kitchen just the way I want for it to be...
@911Ricki (13602)
I know whenever she mentions it, I want one. I will be saving my online earnings for it. But I have to reach my other goals first, before adding more to it. But it sounds like you could have some delicious sandwhiches with it.
It does heat right through. Even if you don't close the oress on the sandwich, you can position the top oress above for 4 minutes and its great! I like the peanut butter and apple sandwich. I wouldn't mind trying yours but I don't handle sweets well.
@911Ricki (13602)
Good to know, I put it on my list of items I want. Right now I am working towards my corningware dishes, then thinking about the panini machine.
@prashu228 (25518)
The products is really good. I think it will be of good use and its better to use this panini maker than the frying pan.(infact this is the first time i heard about this but got to know its uses from the link). You are very good at savings hope i can do the same
@911Ricki (13602)
It sounds very beneficial for me at least, so I put it on my list and will work towards it.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
i saw those.. id really like one. my walmart here didnt have them. I might have one shipped here from the usa. Seems like we can make alot of neat things with those makers.
@911Ricki (13602)
I agree, you can make some neat sandwhiches with it. I was watching a cooking show that uses it.
@saundyl (9690)
I have a sandwich maker and a quesadilla maker. Love them both - and they do heat right through.
@911Ricki (13602)
Good to know, I added to my list of items I want.
@saundyl (9690)
The only downfall i've noticed with having one of each...we also have a waffle maker and then a george formeman wafflemaker/grill/deepdish grill is that each "maker" takes up storage space. If we didnt use them though we wouldnt keep them
@911Ricki (13602)
Exactly, they all take up room, which is why I am trying to limited my appliances.
@yoyo1198 (3643)
I don't have a panini maker but I make them anyway. I just use my eight inch cast iron skillet to use as the press. Of course, I don't get the grill ridges on the sandwiches but that's just esthetics anyway. You might want to try using a heavy pot or pan as a press until you get your maker.
@911Ricki (13602)
I don't have any heavy pans, they are all light. Cast iron skillets here are about $200.00, and I rarely would use it, whereas the panini grill is $40.00.
@yoyo1198 (3643)
Wrap a brick with foil and use that. It'll work for the time being.