Charlottes web.

Have you seen this as a child? I am watching this right now and it makes me wish I grew up on a farm. This pig is so very happy just running around in mud. He is so friendly he is making friends with a spider that every animal hates. I wish I could watch it with kay but I am recording it so she can watch it on her own. If I was smart I would have rewinded it first. oh well she will like it from here too.
As a child, I read the book several times, not by my own chioce, but in reading groups in school. I liked the story the first few times, but after about the sixth time I had to read it in a reading gorup in class, I got really sick of the story. LOL As for the movie, I've never seen it.
The little pig is the sweetest little soul. and the spider was a little gem too,
@Arieles (2474)
I love this movie and book by E.B. White. I had two copies at one time. One was meant for my two kids and the other was meant for a friends three kids. I never got the chance to give it to them though. I really wanted to give it to them so they could take it home with them when they went to their Mom's. Because I never had the chance to give it them I sold it in a garage sale. Its a classic movie and one of my favorite books. I have read it several times. Charlotte was an incredible spider!
I read the book before I ever saw the movie. And the movie I saw was made a long time ago. I doubt it's the version you are watching.
I never did read that book...
I read the book first too . . . I actually saw the animation of Charlotte's Web for the first time just a few years ago (and that's probably the one that AmbiePam is talking about that was made a long time ago). I don't think I've even seen the more "recently" made movie yet.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i want to watch that movie but the start of the movie only because i felt a little beat bored from the story,more on talking and talking so i turned it off,but i think its a good story because its a fantasy movie and i love those movie type.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I read the book when I was VERY young. I then went to see the ORIGINAL 1973 film, probably with my Mum. At that time I was only 7! Wow, I feel old now and the cinema is no more either. In fact, both cinemas in Blackpool Town Centre are nightclubs I think, one of which has closed down. All the original features were ripped out so it can't be converted back to its former glory. I don't like the big multiplexes now as I find them a bit impersonal with no soul but there again you watched it on your TV so that's completely different. At least you don't have annoying people eating constantly around you..well, I don't think so anyway!
@sid556 (31006)
I actually read the book in elementary school...4th grade, maybe and loved it so much. I have seen the movie a few times and it is so well done, i think. It is almost just as the book is. I would recommend it to anyone young or older. It's just a great story.
@echoforever (5192)
that was one of my favorites, haven't seen it in years but i know i will like it when i do see it again.
Yes I have the movie. I love it. It's been months since I watched it. Julia Roberts makes a great spider.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
I sure did, I loved that story. id really like to see it again. I see the book on my sons book shelf everytime I go into his old room here.
@911Ricki (13602)
I really dont think you could handle a farm . I grew up in the country, not on a farm parsay. But I had animals, I knew many living on farms. Even I was disgusted, their house smells like a barn. Some are very clean but that smell still lingers, and I simple don't like it. My friend back in elementary school lived on a far, they were so dirty. They would go to the barn and do their feedings, and such, then walk through their house with their shoes on, the house was almsot like a hoarders house, and smelt so bad. In the winter they had the animals in the house, and making a mess. I hope noone buys that house from them, I think it should be burnt to the ground.